RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-08, 10:35 PM   #1
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

Lets Talk Hip-hop Vol. 1

IP:

So I was watching Hip-hop vs America like 20 mins ago. Hearing them debate. So i want to talk about hip-hop with you all. Such like a certain aspect of what we see is wrong with the music today.

Now my question is and I want yall to discuss and give me your views is. Why do soo many listeners of the genre favor the dumb down less intelligent form of the music rather than the intellectual side of the music. Considering some of the most played, unintelligent, and feeble lyrics as some of the best stuff they have ever heard. While the intelligent and creative go in the dark.

My theory is that it starts back in kindegarden. I got this from my sociology class. That sociologist Ray Rist did a study how teachers placed kids in parts of the class room from thier ethnic background, race, and income. Placing all the higher fortunate kids(as you know is predominately white) in the front part of the class room. While putting all the lower kids(predominately black, and spanish kids) in the back. Sociologist studied that from the first 8 days of Kindegarden it classifies the students. Higher ups that they are intelligent, intellectual, going to be someone. While in the back unintelligent, no intellect, and not going to grow up to be something in their life.

Now how a majority of hip-hop listeners relate to the art form and why do they listen to the music. Alot consider it as it the black, hood, or color things to do.And as you know that a majority of people mainly listen to those people that know where they are comming from. or smile in their face and front like they know. So the unintelligent students listen to unintelligent lyrics and classify themselves along with those kind of lyrics and try to mirror their image as they figure they can do the same thing. Why? Because they figure they come from the same past and can have the same future or a version of it.

They dont listen to the more intelligent music and seperate themselves from the more intelligent artist because since their first days in school they have always been seperated from the intelligent and intellectual kids. So they grow up apart from the intellectual. But when placed infront of the intelleectual means they dont cope with it because now the two are like oil and water. They dont seem to mix or understand where they are comming from. And with todays society of trying to have everyone conform to their own style in attempts to destroy individualism and group themselves shunning outer groups from their circle. You can't really blame why so many hip-hop listenrs give their credit to Rappers like Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Bird Man, Soulja boy. Because through growing up in life on the lower end of education its always been about forget school and just have fun. Party, smoke, have sex, and only care about yourself and not others around you.

Which the last part mention is why people dont care if such rappers dog them, talk about fucking their girlfriends, killing them and their family. Because they start to group themselves with that mentality at such a young age.And like i said earlier. They attempt to mirror that image trying to be just like that or a somehwat smiliar version to that. So they dont mind hearing that.

But yeah before I get to far. Im let yall read that and give your insight and your views and discuss this peace before I go on with more I haveto say.

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 10:55 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

dude...

are you kidding? the public listens to wack hip hop because majors use payola to boost plays on the radio, droning it out to millions of people..

the record labels choose to sign those sort of artists because their not overly controversial, they meet the standards for the image of what is to be considered a 'rapper' these days and they use a formula to promote them..

their money making machines, they dont need to think all that hard when they write, which in turn means they can bust out a large number of tapes, singles and LPs in a way shorter time than skilled emcees who write all their own material and actually put thought into it.. fuck the listeners, if the masses were exposed to real hip hop on a more regular basis then poppy standardised gangsta rap then this thread wouldnt exist... but the world aint perfect and thats just how it is.

straight up
Old 05-18-08, 01:13 PM   #3
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
dude...

are you kidding? the public listens to wack hip hop because majors use payola to boost plays on the radio, droning it out to millions of people..

the record labels choose to sign those sort of artists because their not overly controversial, they meet the standards for the image of what is to be considered a 'rapper' these days and they use a formula to promote them..

their money making machines, they dont need to think all that hard when they write, which in turn means they can bust out a large number of tapes, singles and LPs in a way shorter time than skilled emcees who write all their own material and actually put thought into it.. fuck the listeners, if the masses were exposed to real hip hop on a more regular basis then poppy standardised gangsta rap then this thread wouldnt exist... but the world aint perfect and thats just how it is.

straight up

i totally agree for real
Old 05-17-08, 11:02 PM   #4
_Talksic_
Addicted

IP:

^^^^^^couldnt have been worded better..
if someone hears something enough they either A start to like it or B start to believe it,
from another prespective its a form of brainwashing and keeping people dumb..

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..
Old 05-18-08, 01:15 AM   #5
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP:

Thing is. Steps had to be taken for the industry to figure out that it sells in hip-hop. It wasn't all pure garbage. To long ago. They had to see what works with the consumers. Just like pepsi with the different pepsi flavors. They will keep selling the basics but they are always testing out new kinds of flavors giving them out to the consumers like lemon pepsi, vanilla pepsi, and cherry pepsi and so on. With rap it appeals to the lower income low education class of society. Which does not breed intellectuals as the higher income and more educated class of people. Brainwashing only comes after they have found what to brain wash the people with.

Brainwashing only really works if you have a group of peopleto agree with the information of the brainwash. Someone has to give in to the brainwash more willingly in order for others to follow along. Because everyone is not open to getting brainwash. Human beings strive to fit in. So if they see a growing group they are going to intergrate themselves into that group. They only people that are really brainwahsed are those people who grew up intellectual wise but listen to the dumb down lyrics and enjoy them trying to fit in. The inellectual are the ones who willingly give in because they see that as their life styles and can relate.

There are many factors that play in to why so many enjoy dumb down lyrics instead of intllectualy smart lyrics. Education plays a part. When your smarter or above something. Do you willingly give in to it or to you shun it. But if something is or around your level you will except it. If something is to beyond your level you stir away and keep away from it. Its in all parts of society.

When people get their first job. What are they most likely to apply for....Burger flipper or a clerk or VP at a major company. In video games you stay way from the high level players segregating yourself from them untill you reach that level. Thing with music many people dont strive to reach beyond their level and work for more. They are happy with where they at. So they stay with the dumb down lyrics that are at their level to comprehend.

Relating and staying with and supporting with things around your level is in all parts of society. Even on rapverse. Well old days of rapverse when all the vets shuned the herbs and the herbs just battled the herbs staying away from the vets.

Im not saying that my theory is the soul reason im just stating that its one of the many reason why so many people listen to dumb down music.

Project List

The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 02:14 AM   #6
_Talksic_
Addicted

IP:

i see what your saying but i disagree with some parts,people are going to listen to whatever is popular and they are going to move with the crowd, when hip hop originated it was more intellectuall then any other music out,and when used right to this day it still is, people that listen to real hip hop are a lot and i mean a lot smarter than you think.,,maybe not with their bussiness doctrine but they are smart.
if it was cool to listen to intellecuall music everyone would elevate to that level to fit in..and with brainwashing, i disagree and ill explain why,
so your saying with all the songs like,
throw ya hood up, you in the club throw yo hood up,whats yo set,ect.. doesnt tell people how to act? example, cuz when i was bouncning at clubs dudes couldnt wear their hats with or without logos cuz it would start fights espesially when those songs would come on..
with all the songs talking about violence and all that katz mimic that, i dare u to go to a club in oakland when theyre playing get stupid by mac dre..ill bet you any amount of money some shit will pop off..
and with all the songs talking about ghost riding the whip and riding on 20 inch rims with gold necklessess..songs telling girls how to back it up in the clubs.......
i could go on for days with these examples but you get the picture..
people mimic that behavior cuz its acceptable to society and they do it to fit in,
and you said quote
""Brainwashing only really works if you have a group of peopleto agree with the information of the brainwash. Someone has to give in to the brainwash more willingly in order for others to follow along""end quote..
people follow and mimic all the behavior that i mentioned above thats why i said its a FORM of brainwashing..
all they do is put the same garbage in rotation till everyone starts to like it..
if they played intellectual shit that said something and rotated it it would have the same effect and honeslty i think people would eventually listen and get an actuall message and help people rather then
lets get drunk punch the dude next to you tell that bitch shes a ho back it up fuck her and leave her...ect....
all that shit does is keeps people divided and fighting amungst themselves and continues to keep the population dumb

Last edited by _Talksic_ : 05-18-08 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-18-08, 03:33 AM   #7
Ysdat
Whys That?

IP:

blame your local DJ
Old 05-18-08, 10:44 AM   #8
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP:

Lmfao, I don't think kindergarden has anything to do with people listening to wack shit.

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 05:14 PM   #9
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP:

Im not 100% focusing on kindegarden or a specific grade level. Im saying that people listening to whack shit also derives from the factor of how people take on knowlege and how they approach education And weather or not they accept neww information or information in a format or a degree they are not accustom to.

Project List

The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Old 05-18-08, 10:37 PM   #10
_Talksic_
Addicted

IP:

^^^they listen to it cuz its popular..and the simple music makes em dumber..