RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-03, 05:14 PM   #1
LethaFace

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
It's more to the Mtv battle than Spoken-Please Read The Truth!!!

IP: A885 B67D

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphillyate
It's a long read, but it's really worth it.

Originally posted by JREL
I must say i'm dissapointed.Not with hip-hop,but the way the culture is treated.If you was there you know what led to the police acting up.However the display of countless acts of police brutality today was insane.Nightsticks and pepperspray.A few people act up and guns get drawn.To clear a rumor there was no gun there.Nobody pulled a gun.I can personally vouch for the knife but no police officers were injured.They didn't show you what the police did.They only showed people running.And they snuck in the stabbing.A police officer said someone "Tried" to stab him.However he was not hurt or bleeding.I got most of the shit on video i'm trying to stream it.And then when the camera's went off.We tried to cipher and they starting handing cats fines.They told us it's illegal to start ciphers on the corners.Harmless ciphers!They even started arresting people.For rhyming!!! I knew they was gonna take this shit too far so i gathered about 40 'MCs to go to the Universal building and protest at the Def Jam Office.On the way 40 turned to 80.80 turned to 120 and so on.By time we got there we was mad deep,but we made sure everyone knew to keep it non-violent the whole time.So we in the universal building chanting "Hip-Hop"!!!
"Hip-Hop"!!! It was amazing.To see all those different cultures representin one culture.Now if somebody got stabbed earlier they would of disbanded all of us b4 we even got there.We made mad noise.And we got heard.They sent down a universal a&r named Marcell Bullock to speak with us.He explained he wanted to help us as long as we didn't get violent and we took the protest outside.So we went out and he went upstairs to the def-jam office.He came back down with those bitch ass flyers yall probably saw on t.v..You know the one that says the battle was gonna be rescheduled,and they gave you that number to call.Don't believe that hype.Those flyers are bullshit.Mtv did not print those.If you was at the protest you would know that def-jam printed those up.And it's not def jam's battle.It's mtv's.Def jam is giving the prize.That's it.So why are they printing these bullshit flyers.We all knew it was bullshit.We was like fuck those flyers,and we started chanting again.So he went back upstairs to the def jam office.While he was upstairs mad security guards came out.One even had this big ass german sheperd.We didn't care we still was chanting.Then Marcell came back down.He said that the def jam represenative was scared to come down because of the mobb.So we was like we ain't talking to nobody but lyor cohen or Kevin liles.So he said he was gonna get them.Then this security guard was saying we might as well leave cause he saw Liar (lol) cohen leave and that kevin liles wasn't there.So a few of us went inside to make sure.And we caught liar trying to sneak around back.So we was like what up.He looked at us then gave us this real nasty ice grill ,then security excorted him out.We was like lyin asses.Then this cat liles comes downstairs with his boyguard,dj clue's manager and some other cat i seen in this Nore video.He came outside apologizing and shit.But we wasn't trying to hear that.We wanted to battle so we was like what's up with the flyers.He said he contacted mtv and stated they still wanted to have the battle.We have him on film saying this.He also agreed to listen to any demo that we had personally.Even though i know he's not gonna listen to them.It didn't matter as long as they was hearing us. So we managed to get a few cats auditions there instead.It was going perfect till peeps started gettin starstruck when this diplomats van pulled up(Groupie ass cats).They started handing out mad cds and ²²²²²s went crazy.Cats was smiling like everything was cool after that.We was like that's all yall groupie mc's came here for.It was sad.But anyway like 40 of us wasn't satisfied so we called up Power 105.1 and i told Chubb Rock about it.He said he wanted to put it on air so we was talkin about the situation for mad long.He said he was gonna help us protest through the airwaves and i called him up with updates like every hour.It was beautiful.We was actually turning a bad thing into a good thing.if anyone heard it on power 105.1 in ny you know what went down.We went back to mtv to protest.We was like we gonna let cats know on TRL.So while we there this ²²²²² Sway comes to the window.He brings the camera man and we out there chanting Hip-Hop!!! This Bob Charlie lookin ass cat starts laughing and put a sign in one of the windows that said the battle was cancelled.Then he closes the window blind.It was a wrap after that.We decided to go to phat farm and tell Russell Simmons.I mean come on if Russell wouldn't understand nobody would.He straight fronted on us.He had mad security excort us out.So we stood in the front.The brother called the cops.All of a sudden mad cops roll up on us.They start grabbing cats and arresting ²²²²²s so mad of us bounced. We decided to go to the park.They actually told us to go to the park.We got it on film my people.We in the park rhymin and everybody sitting down.They sent the paddy-wagon over to the park.A few white mc's was with us.And they was holdin it down with us.and to show you how racistand twisted NYPD is was when they started roughing the white mc's up for being with us.Then they threw one in handcuffs.then they started comin for us.Color was not a factor today my people.If you loved Hip-Hop you was hated on plain and simple.Oh yeah The cat with the knife was white too.So whoever said it was just black folks suck a dick.Race didn't matter the cops didn't want none of us in manhatten.But regardless i'm proud of everyone who decided to take a positive approach to the choas today by protesting.We stood our ground.And for that alone we should not be ashamed of hip-hop but be proud on how it brought us together.There is great strength in numbers.We must stop the the negativity that surrounds hip hop music in today's society.Is it me or does anyone notice the pattern of violence lately in hip-hop.
It's a conspieracy to destroy the hip hop culture.We must open our eyes to it's presence.

P.S. The reason that this is in such depth is because i wanted you to understand that hip-hop represenatives like russell, kevin liles and sway trully displayed thier hipocrasy to the culture.When we need them the most the tried to play us for fools.And this can not continue.Please Support your local mc's.Cause they not listenin

-JREL

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthrea...threadid=524155

That's some fucked up shit. Action must be taken, and it starts with us. We should seriously organize something to fight this. It can be done. We should try to get as many boards and sites to put this info on the main pages, send MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD emails to people involved with these companies, call up radio stations.

Time for some action.
Old 02-25-03, 08:03 PM   #2
Chaos

IP: 4E97 C1A7

i heard about the competition but why was it cancelled? cos' some dude had a knife? is it off all together? fuck it i'm out.
Old 02-26-03, 01:20 AM   #3
D@ShSkiT

IP: 399E F0FD

wake tha fuck up!!!..yall sleeping on diss.........
Old 02-26-03, 01:59 AM   #4
DIZZY D
BANNED: Bitin

Text Record: 8-7
IP: 399E F0FD

Yo i was scheduled to be there and i was gonna get a hotel room and everything. But when we got to tha city, madd havic started poppin. A cop pulled a gun on me n my boy k-book for spittin at him. Shit all started over some dumb ass jestures and NYPD thought they could use full force n shit. I didnt see any knife even tho i heard of someone havin one i didnt see any threat to tha whole competition. I took action in tha park with some people i met in tha protest and just got high and flowed till like 7 or 8 o clock. I was pissed off at def jam tha most tho for frontin on me personally. They was like "our label is highly interested in creating a business contract either as a ghost writer or as a performer with you and your companians" lol. Well thats all that really happened about that unless you want me to tell ya about tha party we had in tha park lol.
-1-
Send a message via AIM to DIZZY D   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-03, 09:02 AM   #5
Chase
Flyweight

IP: B64B 9653

Thats it for me no more MTV no even for the "The Real World" I fell thats so fucked up,our freedom of speech is slowly being striped. And if this is sapose to be hip hop week how the hell can they do it with out a free style battle. If I was an artist that was sapose to be on that show, I would cancel to make a statment. Hip Hop is art, and it is our life and you can't take it away from us.
I am not watching MTV anymore to hell with that.
Like a suicide Pill

Last edited by Chase : 02-26-03 at 09:08 AM.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chase   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-03, 09:13 AM   #6
G. Buttersworth
Yeah Keep Biting.

IP: 788D 7C71

damn i actually live in mahattan and i knew the fuckin pigs were going to act up. that's why i didn't even bother going.

like i told my cuz when he called me to start heading over there

"NYPD is gay."

<center>G. Buttersworth™</center>

G.I. JOE
Send a message via AIM to G. Buttersworth Send a message via Yahoo to G. Buttersworth   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-03, 05:45 PM   #7
Black Magik

IP: 4577 CD9A

Damn, thats really, really, really fucked up.
Old 02-26-03, 06:55 PM   #8
Sincere211

IP: 5153 3B92

shit i cant believe how that played out dog. THe hip hop culture as a whoel has such a bad rep and po have these predetermined thoughts on heads just cause they wanna spit and do what they gotta do to get on. I was gonna make the trip from Jersey but I couldnt get ride there but damn I feel for yall who were there, keep fightin it.1
Old 02-27-03, 12:47 AM   #9
Holy Skillz

IP: 4923 FBB2

hell, we can come to detroit and rent out a hall and get one going
Old 02-27-03, 02:10 AM   #10
queen

IP: 702D F04E

this is some fucked up shit. u should post this or e-mail to all power *** stations across the nation or have other peeps do it so it can be known about. bad publicity is not what they want so let everyone find out all over cuz i didnt know the story except what they let out on tv.
Old 02-27-03, 03:21 AM   #11
BLACK FLAME

word I think everyone on this site shoudl read this
Old 03-02-03, 03:14 PM   #12
S.K.O.E.

this is real fucked up....
and Mtv is covering there asses about the whole situation by trying not to talk about the situation. Its bullshit....

thanks for posting this up dawg

and i'm dissappointed in russel, sway, and Liles
they always on TV talkin that hiphop/togetherness shit..
but whenthe heat came they turned pussy.....
Old 03-02-03, 03:57 PM   #13
poltreguist poet

IP: 28D5 2F72

i woulda liked to be in the comp i belive i woulda ripped every one there
Old 03-02-03, 06:26 PM   #14
D-QUEL

IP: 9F35 E19E

shit man thats truely fucked up strippin us from our oppurtunities, we all got played, fuck MTV
Old 03-03-03, 01:09 PM   #15
minimum wage

IP: AE03 3F05

the whole hip hop world is run by a bunch of middle aged greedy couldn't flow if there life depended on it pieces of shit i say we fuckin start our own label throw our own concerts for the actual people that can do it . all they do is make money of our skill

can't anybody see that?????????