RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-03, 07:27 PM   #1
FlipNautix

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
"Farewell"

IP: 8165 5DEC

i usually don`t write poems... but...

we were all strangers once, never knew the others name, nor the sound of their inviting voice,
but somehow we came together, became united as one, it wasn`t a question of choice.
we shared laughs, we shared stories, we shed tears and leapt for joy, expressed our fantasies and ambitions,
it was like a moment frozen in time, never moving nor aging, beyond our greatest expectations.
everyday was a treasure, every moment was savoured, we were immersed in eternal bliss,
we tried not to blink, wanting to witness every detail, being afraid of what we might miss.

but it`s not like that anymore is it? the feeling is gone, pierced to nothing like a dart,
it seems that history repeats itself - never changing - watching as we were mercilessly torn apart.
i wanted to keep it alive, keep it flourishing, but even that i couldn`t maintain
it broke faster than lightning, broke harder than steel, falling faster than the rain.
the essence of our unity shattered in pieces, each part of it bearing flames so infernal,
only then did i realize it was over, further concluding that nothing in this world is eternal.

and now this i tell you, my part in this is over, now that everything is said and done,
this my friends is my farewell, my ending - my finale - but i admit the ride was fun.
call me a coward if you want, call me anything you please, let your scorching hearts speak their thoughts,
but i don`t have any regrets, nor doubts, all that`s left to do now is to tie up the loose knots.

you ask why i`m doing this, throwing away what we had, running away to take the next train,
that`s because i don`t want any part in this anymore, i`m tired of the anguish, and this pain is too hard to sustain.
i enter into a new world, into a new future, a place where pain and sorrow cease to follow,
a place where i`m free from it all, a place where i can thrive, a place where eating things are less hard to swallow.

so although i leave you all behind me, taking my own road to walk, this was a game that no one could win or lose,
a world without you, a world where i don`t have to share your sorrows, this is the path i choose

Last edited by FlipNautix : 05-30-03 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-28-03, 10:50 PM   #2
Maven

IP: AAF1 A3DB

nice poem Nautix.
I liked how it seemed to be talking to the person you were writing about, like it was something you would say to them, but it was just a poem. good stuff man, you should drop a verse in Open Mic.
Peace
Old 05-29-03, 09:27 AM   #3
G_Gizmo.Guz

IP: 59AD 8C08

i liked it too... sick flow, interesting topic. Loved every minute, need to see more of you
Old 05-30-03, 12:06 PM   #4
FlipNautix

IP: FBE4 D6F6

drop a verse in open mic?
hahaha, you have too much faith in me state.
Old 05-30-03, 02:44 PM   #5
Mal

Mal

IP: CEF5 716F

Ya shit cool..............I felt it all throughout