RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-03, 11:10 PM   #1
James Bondage
BANNED

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
New Eminem Album Supposed To Be A Double LP

IP: D9BE 0615

It's been reported that on a radio station in Houston, they said Eminem's next album will be a double LP. One CD is going to be a collab CD with 15 tracks, with 15 of his favorite artists, and they said the only 4 they know of now is Busta, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, and Nas. Then, the other CD is supposed to be 12-15 track's of just Eminem.

Now if Em comes with all dope artists and doesn't keep going back to the same subject matter then we could find we'll have a classic in the making here. The collab CD is a dope idea especially when he always shines when he collabs with dope artists. Also if he brings in some more producers to handle the production instead of an album full of his beats then it will certainly turn heads.

Discuss.
Old 09-03-03, 11:12 PM   #2
Crysis
Kung Fu

IP: 2A8B 39F9

hmm i think this might have some potential like you said man if he gets more production and some different subject matter at times we could have a great in the making
Old 09-04-03, 02:06 AM   #3
Perfekt

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 55D9 72FF

Hmmmm...... This could be two Great CDs... Any ideas on Dates?
Old 09-04-03, 02:08 AM   #4
Kost
Fern Gully

IP: 88F4 75D2

word...another 30 tracks about "staying in the moment"...i think i might throw up

Keepin It Real Dumb

The Creation
We Dont Need A Fuckin Crew Forum!
Kost
Send a message via AIM to Kost   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-03, 02:13 AM   #5
Mr.Christensen
Fuck You, I Rhyme Better

IP: 8F6F CD25

this might be the new rap trend... double CD that has a 'gimmick'
Outkast and now Em..not to say that its a bad idea
im a fan of Em (i like pop? yea!) so this sound be good... im just afraid hes gonna do what he did with 50's album... make 3/4 of the album into singles... so while you can hear the whole album by being good with a radio dial i just didnt like it...i wonder if Dina Rae will be on both CD's...shes the on every em album...
Old 09-04-03, 04:02 AM   #6
Orpheus Rex

IP: 525C 0482

sounds pretty dope...especially since Em spit fire on Renegade with Jay...imagine the possibilities...might be a very good CD...
Old 09-04-03, 05:11 AM   #7
Jes
Light Weight

IP: DED4 6855

"this might be the new rap trend... double CD that has a 'gimmick'
Outkast and now Em..not to say that its a bad idea" - The Realist

true, but Outkast is putting out the double LP only because the rift between the two has now grown to great proportions that may cause them to go there seperate ways. Their difference in styles has always be pronounced (by who each would collab with as well as verses). It said that Big Boi will be going on tour but Andre won't.

Back to topic... Eminem is no longer an emcee, his a bubble gum rapping pop star. This is my opinion and you em fans are going to flip, but he was way better back in the days when money wasn't an issue. I guess compromising integrity and talent is all thats needed to be the epitome of pop stardom.

I think in efforts to please former underground fans as well as pop fans, he's coming out with this double LP, one with all him and the other with collabs by SOME respectable people, and by respectable I mean Dre. I personally think his only singles that were half decent, were collabs. I still wouldn't cop it. I'm pretty sure the radio stations will put him on blast if I ever succumb to listening to a man bitch.
Old 09-04-03, 05:23 AM   #8
WeRd-smith

IP: 9B33 081B

^such hostility lol!!!

I personally don't think it's such a hot idea, just cuz he is going to stretch himself thin and probably kill his career with this if it is done wrong.
Old 09-04-03, 07:20 AM   #9
wogzta

IP: E04C C86D

his careers over after this album either way, its supposed to be his last.

I think this is a dope idea, if he comes out with sum killer material, and gets in with production from Jeff Bass, himself, dre, jay-Z and denaun porter plus sum other dope producers like the 45 king, he could have one of the best albums ever released on his hands. The collabs thing is sounding great, if he could get xzibit, DMX, lloyd banks, plus other ill ppl lyk dre, snoop, ice cube and all that, he could have great shit here.......

im personally lookin forward to it, and i will probably buy it....
Old 09-04-03, 09:03 AM   #10
James Bondage
BANNED

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 5B54 9553

Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube Still Rock That Early 90's Style, They Suck Horribly!

Personally, I Dont Like Eminem And I Agree Totally With Jes On This One - But RB Has Some Major Eminem Groupies And I Know That No Matter How Wack Or Bullshit He Writes, They'll Be hanging To His Nuts Like They Did When The 8 Mile Soundtrack Came Out.
Old 09-04-03, 09:48 AM   #11
Content
Special Ghost To Blow

Text Record: 3-0
IP: C1DA C961

I agree with bondage and jes....who thinks they're Tupac?!?!

Eminem is still an emcee though....if hes on a song with
Nas....one of the emcees he emulated during infinite days
as well as AZ...it will be worth coping....or burning...
and if its his last hell go out on top like jay z has...
hes 30..shit...seven good years all around..cant hate
Send a message via ICQ to Content Send a message via AIM to Content Send a message via Yahoo to Content   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-03, 11:42 AM   #12
Johnny 6-feet

IP: 2C30 9553

his last album? figures.....

i just hope he doesnt insist on producing the whole thing when dre can do a much better job. you KNOW theres gonna be a single released from it with 50 cent dripping his wack juice all over a nice beat. **sighs**
Old 09-04-03, 12:35 PM   #13
kgm
Have A Nice Day!

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 1E93 DF20

Cool, now I will get two coasters instead of just one.
Old 09-04-03, 12:45 PM   #14
RythmicTendicies

IP: 270F 55D5

This'd be dope, fuc all you haters, y'all just angry cos you didn't do it before him.

If it is true, then it'll defiently be on my shopping list next year, however if he does the double album, then it'll push the release date backwards by a considerable number of months.

Good shit though, it'd defiently be worth the wait, but i bet most of the collabs will be with D12,Dre,G-unit. With only 4 ot 5 with various other artists, but i'd like to see an underground act on the album.

Nice though.
Old 09-04-03, 01:18 PM   #15
Jes
Light Weight

IP: DED4 6855

Quote:
Originally posted by RythmicTendicies
This'd be dope, fuc all you haters, y'all just angry cos you didn't do it before him.

If it is true, then it'll defiently be on my shopping list next year, however if he does the double album, then it'll push the release date backwards by a considerable number of months.

Good shit though, it'd defiently be worth the wait, but i bet most of the collabs will be with D12,Dre,G-unit. With only 4 ot 5 with various other artists, but i'd like to see an underground act on the album.

Nice though.

ah yes, I'm hating on a guy who's debut to mainstream was a song named "Hi, My Name Is" and devotes most of his other songs to bashing his life and family. Stroke of genuis, I would have eventually done it myself but Em beat me to it. He's just lucky he's white, cause everyone outside of hip hop loves him to, because he's white.

No underground emcee in their right mind would collab with him, he's a sellout not just because he got up to mainstream, but leaving technique behind to make a quick buck. Listen to Binary Star's Honest Expression, you could learn something.