RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-03, 10:23 AM   #1
Accelerate
Straight Savage.

Government..

IP: 8BEC CACE

Basically I'm saying, what government would you think would be most successful. Some countries that switch to Democracy become dirt poor right after. And do you think that if people did not abuse the Communist idea, that it would become more successful?
Old 12-13-03, 02:41 PM   #2
varentao

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 99D7 D3A1

^Well, er...yeah.

It's widely said (i think it's widely said, but hey, it's true) that tis the humanity in such systems that make them flawed.

Theory is one thing. Putting it into practice is another.

I do believe that democracy is the best of a bad bunch. Being a bad bunch cos of humanity.
Old 12-13-03, 02:43 PM   #3
Dadi Kewl
-Merk Squad-

Text Record: 35-26
IP: DF7B C8F7

Government is just an excuse for people who talk alot of shit
to shit around and get paid for talking alot of shit...oh and we pay for it...
Old 12-13-03, 02:57 PM   #4
RythmicTendicies

IP: CEA5 B505

dictatorship.
Old 12-13-03, 03:11 PM   #5
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 17A6 BC21

Me in charge.

"If you're wearing one of those snap bracelets, and it gets snapped, you better put out! Or off with your head!"
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 07:22 PM   #6
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Text Record: 1-0
IP: CDD6 4D57

Communisim as I have said so many times before is an effeicent way to run a community. Not a country, self identiy gets lost and absorbed along the way. The downfall of self identity then in turn contributes to the downfall of the system. Once a governemant has removed the three tier social structure, in it's place is left a void. The back bone of a democratic society is it's middle class. Communisim removes the middle class as history has documented so many times. We watched most of the great communist regimes crumble to date. Although democracy does have it's flaws, it also has the best track record to date. Most scholars and educated elite are romanced by the ideology of communism rather than the practicality. When one introduces the practicality of the system, those in favor of the romantic idoelogy are quick to label them as too American and unromantic. Profinity is what appeals to the educated elite, not time proven practicallity. I am educated but would never consider myself a staunch liberal, I have liberal tendencies but being an Engineer I live in the practical world as opposed to the theoritical. Such complex government systems can not be effieciently disscussed in just one post. Over the course of this discussion I will do my best to intorduce fact and historical data to paint an accurate picture in your minds, in which you can ultimitly draw your own conclusions. If you are ever stranded on a deserted island with a group of poeple your best chances for survival is incorperating a communist governing system. In small start up communites this form of government proves most efficeint, but in a flourishing established nation, democracy is by far the best shot at governing the people. Capitalisim breeds responsibility as opposed to the government dependency syndrome breed into non capitalist societies. If you have any questions or just need further insights into Governemnt or Economic vehicles behind them, just ask. I will try to explain things in simple terms, since politics can be quite complex...

Last edited by bouncedoggydog : 12-13-03 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-13-03, 08:25 PM   #7
wogzta

IP: 5C4B 9DFC

Communism would be good if people didn't abuse it. But it's human nature to do anything to benefit themselves, so communism can't really work. Democracy is horribly corrupted, but at least the people living in a democratic country have normal lives most of the time.... Dictatorship wouldn't be too bad if the leader was a kind, wise and intelligent man/woman, but that's not usually the case - when you have power over an entire country, you usually abuse your position. Life sucks :P
Old 12-13-03, 08:29 PM   #8
Bio*Chemist
Sane Scientist

IP: 7FF5 D1DA

Twizzle Stix
Quote:

^ Pretty Much...
Send a message via MSN to Bio*Chemist   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 08:31 PM   #9
Koalatee
See ya.

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 4577 CD9A

It all depends on the base, individual unit, in my opinion. . As satisfying as Communism's self-annointed "equality" sounds, the base unit of people is devalued drastically. When the people of the given country realize it, they won't be particularly gracious. With the uprising of just a few motivated, marketing-savvy political leaders, almost any form of government could be successful.
Still > you.

R h y m e | V a n t a g e
Old 12-13-03, 09:16 PM   #10
Malcolm X

IP: 918D D7FF

Quote:

Yep .. Power hungry people
Send a message via AIM to Malcolm X   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 10:30 PM   #11
varentao

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^Er, no.

It's for power and order. THEN comes what you said above and the rest..
Old 12-13-03, 10:37 PM   #12
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: AAF1 A3DB

I still think my idea of how to fix the world is the best.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 10:38 PM   #13
varentao

Quote:
Originally posted by bouncedoggydog
Communisim as I have said so many times before is an effeicent way to run a community. Not a country, self identiy gets lost and absorbed along the way. The downfall of self identity then in turn contributes to the downfall of the system. Once a governemant has removed the three tier social structure, in it's place is left a void. The back bone of a democratic society is it's middle class. Communisim removes the middle class as history has documented so many times. We watched most of the great communist regimes crumble to date. Although democracy does have it's flaws, it also has the best track record to date. Most scholars and educated elite are romanced by the ideology of communism rather than the practicality. When one introduces the practicality of the system, those in favor of the romantic idoelogy are quick to label them as too American and unromantic. Profinity is what appeals to the educated elite, not time proven practicallity. I am educated but would never consider myself a staunch liberal, I have liberal tendencies but being an Engineer I live in the practical world as opposed to the theoritical. Such complex government systems can not be effieciently disscussed in just one post. Over the course of this discussion I will do my best to intorduce fact and historical data to paint an accurate picture in your minds, in which you can ultimitly draw your own conclusions. If you are ever stranded on a deserted island with a group of poeple your best chances for survival is incorperating a communist governing system. In small start up communites this form of government proves most efficeint, but in a flourishing established nation, democracy is by far the best shot at governing the people. Capitalisim breeds responsibility as opposed to the government dependency syndrome breed into non capitalist societies. If you have any questions or just need further insights into Governemnt or Economic vehicles behind them, just ask. I will try to explain things in simple terms, since politics can be quite complex...

^That's a good 'disection' right there. Agree to a large extent.

Though one could argue China is a good example of communist success. But China's 'Maoist Communism' began failing in the 70s (could be 80s). And it took a link up with the Americans and capitalism in general to develop it from it's foundations (which was also beginning to show many cracks).
Old 12-13-03, 11:08 PM   #14
Coast

IP: C1DA C961

stay with democracy for the time being. if the US tried to switch to another form of gov, such as communism, it wouldnt work cause communism doesnt work well for an entire nation and communism just sucks all together

any form of government that contains the phrase "ism" at the end will not work
Old 12-13-03, 11:31 PM   #15
Tsar Casm
Over Weight

IP: 4577 CD9A

Quote:
Originally posted by bouncedoggydog

-yea, i agree with what he said (???)

Soft Focus
Suicide Inc.
RhymeVantage
Def.Ill
Ghost-Writers

Retarded people's heads are to big..I'll be back with something just as funny as watching the Special Olympics..don't worry..
Send a message via AIM to Tsar Casm   Reply With Quote