RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-06, 09:16 PM   #1
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
busta rhymes on only built 4 cuban linx II

IP: C06F 098A

Are you executive producing Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Link II?

Absolutely. It’s going extremely phenomenal. I’m Rae’s biggest fan. That’s my executive producer credit. I’m not telling him what to do. He knows what to do. The most that I did was tell him was stop making albums and make another movie. That record, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx was a fucking movie. They started off the album fucking making vows to each other that this was the last hooray. He was the larger than life hustler. They didn’t make another album like that to me. They made albums after but they wasn’t movies. That shit has a theme that was sewn and knitted so tightly from beginning to end to me that it was some shit that I personally miss. I don’t see that no more. Plus them two got to be some of the greatest slick talkers on the mic that I heard. Their analogies and the punch lines and the way they would compare shit to something to give you an example of what they’re talking about. Their analogies is some shit that when you get it it’s such a vivid picture that I think that shit is unstoppable greatness. I just want to see it. The game needs that kind of influence right now. We were blessed to get that in (the) Golden era. Now these motherfuckers, part of the reason their shit so trash, they don’t get those examples to look toward to see what they need to do. You got to do that same thing your way. You got to have that significant, obscure, genuine, stand alone shit that marks a moment in time that’s timeless and that’s when you get that classic title over your shit. Nas did that with Illmatic. Rakim did that with Paid In Full. PE did that with It Takes A Nation... KRS with Criminal Minded. Slick Rick with The Greatest Adventures... Dre with The Chronic and Niggaz 4 Life. Snoop with Doggystyle. Cube with Amerikka’s Most Wanted. Tribe with Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders. De La (Soul) with Three Feet High. None of those albums are from the now time. That’s the shit that bugs me out. These young dudes ain’t getting the guidance that’s needed. I just think it’s necessary. Raekwon, stop bullshitting. Whatever you doing, whatever you feel you going through, I’m offering whatever I can to offer you the inspiration needed to get back into your Cuban Linx mindstate, even if it’s one more time and you don’t want to ever do it again. Rae knows what he got to do. RZA knows what he got to do. I’m just the one that sparked the fire big enough to get everybody back on that focus to want to go there with it. Patience is your best weapon. That’s why they taking their time. There’s no reason to rush it. Motherfuckers waited this long for the Cuban Linx project, you can wait a little bit longer so you get it the right way.
Old 04-07-06, 09:18 PM   #2
David Lama
oh yea?

Text Record: 7-0
IP: FDFF EE9F

sounds like its gonna be tight ..............................................
Old 04-07-06, 09:20 PM   #3
locknes
its WU muthafucka

IP: C06F 098A

^ it should be out within 2 months you know they are takin there time to perfect this shit
Old 04-08-06, 12:14 AM   #4
Vango
RV SPOTLIGHT, GET AT ME!

IP: 97F9 A195

The chef rules no doubt

I had to get a new couch, but as you can see the fun continues!
A.I.
Old 04-08-06, 06:45 PM   #5
locknes
its WU muthafucka

IP: 1620 1C9C

^word have u heard the first song its so ill