RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-06, 01:55 PM   #1
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

Had to be done, hiphop idol.

IP: 3A9D 1961

Master P Looking For America's Next Hip Hop Stars

06/03/2006 2:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Billy Johnson Jr

Hip-hop needs an American Idol, and Master P has a plan.

The hip-hop mogul is developing his own reality talent show, America’s Next Hip Hop Stars, that will give up and coming rappers from across the country a chance to compete for a recording contract and $50,000.

Twelve solo and six group finalists will perform their favorite hip-hop songs or original material and will be critiqued by a panel of celebrity judges. At the end of each show, viewers will have an opportunity to vote via phone or online for their favorite performers. The contestants with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. In the final round, the solo artist and group with the highest number of votes will be crowned America’s Next Hip Hop Stars. Both winners will receive a recording contract and $50,000.

Even though Sean "Diddy" Combs and Missy Elliott have found success with their televised reality talent searches, America’s Next Hip-Hop Stars would be the first televised hip-hop show to allow America to help select the winner.

America's Next Hip Hop Stars will show a positive side of the genre says the rapper who calls himself the Jim McMahon of hip-hop. "I want to do it because hip-hop is the key to our culture," his says. "Hip-hop is the way out for our kids, and this is the way to show the world what our culture is really about."

While many corporations such as Reebok and Nike use hip-hop to market their products, Master P says the art form still does not get the props it deserves. "Why isn't mainstream praising hip-hop like it should?" Master P asks.

Master P, who will host the show, has already lined up an impressive list of celebrity judges, including Romeo, Snoop Dogg, Paul Wall, and former BET VJ Marie "Free" Wright. The show will also include a guest radio DJ each week and a performance from a top rap act.

Master P is contemplating whether to launch the program on cable, network television or pay-per-view. He is preparing to start a talent search for rap and reggaeton artists that will pass through 12 cities, six major and six small. "These will be country towns that people never went to," Master P says of the latter. Interested artists can receive sign up information from Master P’s website, http://guttarmusic.com/.

To kick off the show, Master P will host a Set It Off concert featuring performances from hip-hop stars. The proceeds will benefit Team Rescue One (www.teamrescueone.com), his organization that supports victims of Hurricane Katrina and fighting the Aids epidemic in Africa.

The New Orleans native who financed his own independent movies, also executive produced one of Nickelodeon’s most successful television sitcoms, The Romeo Show. Additionally, he was recently voted one of the most popular stars on the ABC network reality series Dancing With The Stars. As an icon for entrepreneurship, he is responsible for selling more than 75 million records, and has launched P.Miller clothing, footwear, jewelry and custom rims.
Old 06-04-06, 02:07 PM   #2
Gopha
!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E240 ADD8

ugh the whole 'looking for talent' idea is just gettin so old, this could be sligtly entertaining tho, depending what the talent they find is like
Old 06-04-06, 03:33 PM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Omfg that's it. I am going to kill master p.
Old 06-04-06, 03:49 PM   #4
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: BB77 E4BA

sounds kool. probs could have got a better emcee to look for people though.......

Last edited by J.D : 06-04-06 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-04-06, 03:56 PM   #5
Elegiac

IP: 3881 400B

: / .
Old 06-04-06, 04:05 PM   #6
Unfulfilled
Middle Weight

IP: 684F 817A

Master p is so fuckin lame 2 me...but anyway...i am getting tired people coming up with shows are shit to find people....

Has there even been any new people from Master P's label?????shid.....

It's hard being beautiful
but some one has to do it

Send a message via Yahoo to Unfulfilled   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 04:24 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Woot @ white sox
Old 06-04-06, 04:24 PM   #8
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

^what does his label have anything to do with a talent search??

i think its a good idea, would have been more appealing had it come earlier
and like said earlier, im not sure Master P was the best choice... but hey, hip hop is hip hop

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 06:01 PM   #9
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 95AA 11A6

Go Master P! [/no limit soldier]
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 06-04-06, 08:39 PM   #10
SUPERVILLAIN
~SAINT SINNER~

Talking

IP: 1B05 4EEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Omfg that's it. I am going to kill master p.

^^^*cough.*

i got a roll of unused duct tape, washable markers, a pair of rusty plyers, 5 nails, 1 thumb-tack, a copy of 'tony yayo's' debut c.d., a gallon and a half of diesel fuel, a plug-in drill with 3 stainless steel drill bits in a leather case, an 8 ft. x 8 ft. plastic drop cloth, a 9mm beretta with 6 .22 rounds, a melted 'butterfinger bar' from 1993 that i found in my trunk, a blind pitbull named "cholo", some left handed scissors, a fake new jersey highway patrol badge with a 'starbucks' coffee stained uniform (size: xl), keys to a beat up 'plymouth skylark', athletes foot, and 2 shovels i picked up from 'home depot' on saturday with a stolen credit card (sorry strobe).

deph....when do you want me to come over???

s.v. the tyrant...big bad c.s.

QUESTION: Is it even possible to improve upon perfection???
ANSWER: CRHYME SINDICATE

"I remember this one time I thought I was wrong........but I was mistaken." -Unknown

R.I.P. Jonathan "ONE MAN BAND/TERUMOTO" Nigro. Goodbye brother. God bless the dead. One love.
Old 06-04-06, 10:10 PM   #11
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 94A2 DED2

I'd go to an audition or some shit to be honest. Well, if I found when and where one was.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-04-06, 11:42 PM   #12
Unfulfilled
Middle Weight

IP: 684F 817A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Bastard DSR
^what does his label have anything to do with a talent search??

i think its a good idea, would have been more appealing had it come earlier
and like said earlier, im not sure Master P was the best choice... but hey, hip hop is hip hop

most of the time when people have a talent search they are doin it to find more artist...therefore label and talent search go hand in hand smarts....jp...

but i dont kno why i dont like his music anymore...his shit is lame 2 me....

It's hard being beautiful
but some one has to do it

Send a message via Yahoo to Unfulfilled   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-06, 05:14 AM   #13
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0161 D1D0

lol im wit dude up there that said he would go to an audition.....i prolly would just to mess around..but master p ..come on..lol