RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-06, 08:43 PM   #1
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

People Blaming NFS For Street Racing Crash...DUMB

IP: 21B6 A277

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/2006...reet_race_fatal

TORONTO (CP) - The fantasy world of video game street racing may have influenced two teenage boys accused of piloting real-life luxury cars in a high-speed contest that claimed the life of a taxi driver, police said Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

A copy of Need for Speed, a game that allows players to select high-end cars and race them through crowded urban areas, was found on the front seat of one of the suspect's cars following the late-night crash.

"Here we have, in real life, two guys driving high-end cars at a high rate of speed in an urban area," said Toronto police Det. Paul Lobsinger.

"I don't think it's a giant leap for people to say, 'Wow, how does this go together?' "

The 18-year-old friends were racing a pair of Mercedes Benzes through one of the city's wealthiest neighbourhoods on Tuesday night, reaching speeds of 140 kilometres an hour in a 50-kilometre zone, police allege.

The taxi was struck while making a left turn onto the road, killing 46-year-old driver Tahir Khan.

The married father of two young children immigrated to Canada six years ago from Pakistan, said Jim Bell, general manager of Diamond Taxicab Association.

"He was working to . . . reunite his family in Canada, and lived the Canadian dream," said Bell.

"Tahir's dream for him and his family has been ended."

The blunt force of the crash left the taxi wrapped around a utility pole, plumes of steam still rolling off the wreckage as investigators sifted through the twisted metal.

Despite finding an auto-racing game at the scene of the crime, Lobsinger stressed the game wasn't solely to blame.

"Look, in the proper perspective . . . if everyone imitated a video game such as that, we'd have to ban cars," he said.

The driver of the Mercedes involved in the crash suffered only a few scratches. The other driver fled the scene, police said.

Alexander Ryazanov and Wang-Piao Ross are charged with criminal negligence causing death. Ross also faces a charge of failing to stop after an accident causing death.

Both Ryazanov and Ross appeared in court Wednesday, with their bail hearings rescheduled to Friday and next Monday, respectively.

In the prisoner's docket, Ross, dressed in a white and beige hooded sweatshirt, whispered to Ryazanov, in a grey ribbed sweater.

Ross's mother left the courtroom without offering comment.

The incident is the latest in what some say is a growing plague of street racing nationwide.

Last year, a pedestrian in Edmonton was killed when one of two racing Corvettes spun out of control and hit the woman from behind. The incident prompted provincial politicians to pass legislation allowing police to seize vehicles for 24 hours in cases involving street racing.

Just days before the law came into effect, two men died when their vehicles collided in Calgary in an apparent street race.

In B.C., two men charged with killing an elderly woman during a race were committed to trial earlier this month.

The increase in street racing incidents across Canada prompted the former Liberal government to introduce legislation requiring judges to revoke the driver's licence of anyone convicted of street racing.

The bill failed to pass into law before the government fell last November.

i think this is fuckin stupid...if it was sitting on the front seat of the car they weren't playing it...i dunno, did the COVER inspire them to do it.....i think the rich kids felt like nothing bad could possibly happen to them..but they are ignorant to how life is...bad shit happens to everyone

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 08:47 PM   #2
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5350 A834

i wish u were tha taxi driver, werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 01-25-06, 08:52 PM   #3
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 328E 597A

Fucking rich kids in their mercs...

Besides.. 140 kilometres an hour is pussy shit... I been well over 250 racing before on long straights in me mates car...
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 09:15 PM   #4
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 21B6 A277

'twas a city street

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 09:17 PM   #5
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 8262 49AE

I can't get over how people blame the faults of humanity on games. Anyone who is susceptible enough to copy a game is equally susceptible to being a drug dealer, becoming a suicide bomber, or doing something they've read/heard/seen. If someone is stupid enough to misinterpret a game where it pretty much clearly states DON'T TRY THIS YOU STUPID ASSHOLE, YOU GET A BIT MORE THAN 10 BAD POINTS ON YOUR COP RECORD FOR RUNNING OVER PEDESTRIANS. Really, people are able to discern between reality and fantasy, and if they aren't, it's their own fault.

Fucking bullshit.
Old 01-25-06, 09:40 PM   #6
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: 5508 9279

is this guy a fuckin moron?
Old 01-26-06, 02:58 AM   #7
Split Level
Flyweight

Graphics Record: 2-4
IP: 772B 14AE