RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-06, 07:32 AM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
What are you?

IP: C98F 1FA2

Yeah. What are you? Who are you?

I could ask myself who I am and answer. My name is John... I like to rap and think and I enjoy chicken... Although that would be a satisfactory answer for many, it isn't really adequate. Maybe I should look a little deeper to see what makes up a human personality.

First of all, imagine your body without conciousness (DEAD, if you will). Nothing special is it? No personality, no behaviour, no values, no thoughts, no likes or dislikes. Just a shell... A machine for the brain. Besides appearance (which is trivial), the body has nothing to do with your personality. Who you are is made up of your thoughts, memories and feelings. A collection of emotions.

So really thats all we are... Entities that can learn, ponder and remember things... our innate aspects determined by the structure of the brain.

People say the soul is your essence. Your persona. But does such a thing really exist if all we are is thoughts and emotions caused by the brain?

Ive been thinking about this kind of shit for a while...
Old 02-19-06, 09:15 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 819D 3297

Ok, just addressing the image part of your post first. Body image and appearance actually does directly effect a persons personality. Because it is a big part of determining levels of confidence which in turn effects a wide range of aspects of personality in people.

As for the rest of your post. Scientifically, we are simply complex organisms existing on a 5 billion year old ball of rock and gas within a reletivly new solar system. If you believe darwin's theory of evolution, then we innitially came from pools of water heated by a thin spot in the earths crust that generated simple organisms that slowly evolved over billions of years into what we have today.

I guess it really depends who and what you believe.
As I said in the other thread, untill we develop a greater understanding of the human brain, we will be unable to determine and finally prove whether it is capable of governing all aspects of our personality. Or whether we require something else (IE: a soul).

I personally believe we have a soul. And I also believe we all have a destiny and that life is simply playing out in accordance to shifting bodies in space and the forces of gravity effecting us even on a mental level.

However as history has proven countless times. Nothing in life is certain.
The best we can do is generate educated speculation on existance through use of rational deduction. And I garentee you, by posting this thread.. The replies you get are only going to leave you more confused than before you read them.

This site.. And the whole world for the most part, is full of dim-whit gullable mother fuckers with shit brains... You watch..

You'll either get nobody replying to this thread.. Or 30 replies, 80% of which will say "ooh thats deep" before talking a bunch of complete retarded nonsense clearly showing their lack of knowledge on subjects such as religion and science. And the other 20% will be freeposts and people making jokes, trying to be funny.............
Old 02-19-06, 01:36 PM   #3
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 57FB 0ECE

lol @ nos

ANYWAYS, it's really weird that atoms can turn into molecules, then to cells, then to organisms and evolving eventually into living, breathing humans who are capable of so many things beyond any other creature on the planet. A lot of things have been explained by science, such as why we have emotions etc, but there are things beyond simple biological functions that humans do, such as dream, that make religion so much more believable. I'm not completely sure but if I remember correctly, humans are the only organism that can dream. Regardless, the point of dreaming is trivial in itself. It serves no huge purpose (unless you think dreams are used to filter out the useless information of the day) other than to be there. A lot of prophecies historically come from dreams, people have been spoken to by a higher power through their dreams etc etc. Basically I feel like, if there was a reason for dreams it would serve as a portal between people and the mystical, so basically, it would be for our soul. I still think that the mind and the brain are two different things. The mind being part of the soul and the brain being part of our physiological structure. That the mind governs morals and helps guide our brain to do the right functions and so on.

I dunno, I haven't really formed too many opinions on shit like this because I know I don't know too much, but from what I do know, thats how I feel. Also, your first post went kinda all over the place so it is hard to respond in the first place. =/

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 02-19-06, 01:41 PM   #4
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

If you're asking if the soul exists than I personally believe it does...However it's one of those things that you can't ask someone to give solid evidence as to why they think it exists...it's just a matter of faith, the same way religous believers have faith in whatever God or way of life they believe in, in you get my drift.

I have a feeling Nos is right about the destiny thing because countless times things in my life have happened and all events preceding the things have all fallen into place like a jigsaw puzzle, when i look back and think about it.

But people are gonna argue that if we have a destiny it's detrimental to the principals of the Bible, ie. we are all given free will, however our path is already set out before us, so how can we have free will?

But back to the original question of the soul, come to think of it this could explain supernatural activity...i have come across too much of that kinda shit for my liking, and i dont really care if people up in this place dont believe me...
I think I had mentioned this in a much older thread, but yeah i was practising steel pans for a competition in 2003 at my old primary school cos that was the only place big enough for my steel band...but anyway, we started experiencing supernatural shit, things turning themselves on randomly, and on one occasion when we were practising outside in the playground a gust of wind started blowing me from one corner, but it only got me and no one else could feel it even though it made me cold as hell. At the climax of all this shit some boy got strangled by it, as in he even passed out after being choked by that shit...and people had seen shit inside the empty rooms and shit

Now i highlighted the words that i did because that is a malicious act that the ghost carried out, and we found out afterwards that the ghost haunting that place was of a headmaster who kidnapped two young girls and then hung himself in the bell tower

so that means that his persona had been retained after his physical body had ceased to function