RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-04, 08:39 PM   #1
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

Eminem's new rap venues - "Good career moves" vs. "What the hell is he thinking?"

IP: 39C2 8F9E

Now I've never had anything against Eminem, even through all his disputes with GLAAD, his objectification of women, and the racism tape. But I have been somewhat confused by Eminem's new persona in the rap game. It all started with D12's second album, "D12 World". If you listen to the album you'd notice that on at least half the songs Em is portraying the gangster lifestyle that, from what we know, is not him. Now this is my opinion, but I think it's fueled by his arrest for having that gun back in 2000. But I really didn't think much of his new "wannabe thug" image.
Let's jump forward to June 22nd, 2004. You may know this day as the release date of Jadakiss' second solo album "Kiss of Death". Personally I thought the album was great, until near the end when I reached "Welcome to D-Block". I noticed the song was produced by Em, and when I turned it on I loved it. But then Em comes on with his sing-song shit he's got in so many songs nowadays, and starts talking about how he relates to the lifestyle of Yonkers, New York. Last time I checked, Detroit wasn't known as D-Block.
Recently I hear the remix to "Lean Back" the difinitive dance song of this summer. Mase wa son it, good for him, welcome back buddy. But why the hell is Eminem on a dance song!? His lyricism and rhyme scheme is tight, but the premise of the original song just wasn't the right environment for him at all.
What do y'all think of this? Holla back people, I'm interested in opinions.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 08-07-04, 02:47 AM   #2
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D135 D6AF

lol yea eminem never had a pistol in his pants lol
im from detroit and i kno he aint neva had no heat
but he tight but he dont fit no dance track
but the track hot tho aint gone front on that

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-04, 04:18 PM   #3
TURBAN
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 6-9
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 95EB 880F

i'd have to say em is looking at whats available and with the sudden surge of gangster rap again (or the 50 cent g-unit explosion) which was the brain child of em . it seems he was thrown into the lifestyle and decided to throw it into his rhyme styles to appeal to a larger demographic because his 15 year old white girls will listen to him no matter what , but he is looking for a second acceptance thats what i think

o yea j-trooper thats the best thing i have ever seen thats insane haha pop knock out
Old 08-07-04, 06:30 PM   #4
Spytz
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 6E73 1F7B

fake wannabe.
em is a wannabe EVERYTHING.