RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-06, 12:20 AM   #1
Key...
You Love My Style.

Text Record: 19-2
Audio Record: 11-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
Institutionalized Racism in Rap Music!!

IP: 9E6E 2EF1

What hip hop music got to do with racism?

From day one Rap music had a bad image that was loaded with stereotypes of Black males wearing fat gold chains, using foul lyrics and ready to commit violence. Rap music had gone through many battles ranging from the East-West Coast saga to the commercial vs. underground drama and that it's next big battle will be along the lines of race. Some rap music today stereotype’s whites and blacks, it would seem that the Blacks are seeking revenge for the wrongdoing done to their ancestors. But also white supremacy still exists in rap music by who is controlling the industry.

Dre’s Quote:
"me not out for peace, and me not Rodney King; my gun goes click; me gun goes bang. . . . them never love me 'cause I was born to redem'. . . . the latest spray with my AK and put 'em to rest. . . . you still a slave to them; no matter how much money you get”

The battle between Eminem and The Source, The magazine played an untitled song that features the Detroit rapper using a racial slur and disparaging black women.

Quote:.
“Black girls and white girls just don't mix because black girls are dumb and white girls are good chicks," His response was

^^His response was, "" I made out of anger, stupidity and frustration when I was a teenager. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African-American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was."

Who Controls the industry!

Another aspect of racism in the music industry is seen by those who control it. Whites have held the authority over this industry from its beginning, and even though we see Blacks and Latinos emerging successfully in their music, it must be remembered that the White man has the most say about music in the public. According to the Rap coalition website, “most black music, is under the corporate control of whites and purchased mostly by white youths.” Record companies and media distribution system that publicizes rap music and gets it to the buyer's hands are still overwhelmingly owned and controlled by whites. Consider also that the largest audience for rap music today is white

Amazing aint it. Whats your view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Theresa
"Hi Key, You The Only Guy Who Took My Virginity."

Authentik Intelligence
O. Y. D.

Old 05-24-06, 12:33 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 7401 A3D2

My view... Is that all races on this earth come from one 5 billion year old ball of rock spinning around the outskirts of a spiral galaxy.

Fuck prejudice...

Having said that, you would be ignorant to not think there are major cultural differences existing that hold us back from this universal method of thinking. But the lines are consistantly becomming more and more blurred as we continue through time.

As for white people having control over rap music.........Well.. Its a major white trait to conquor and dominate in the political and business arena... Thats just the way our culture is... Its because our past has been built upon a great sense of central common decency and working towards a greater cause for power and success...

All I can really say is...............live with it....
Old 05-24-06, 12:33 AM   #3
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

It still amazes me to this day how ignorant fucks still stereotype music.

Theres so such thing as "black music" or "white music", ok, maybe the origins are african related, that doesnt mean a white man cant enjoy and respect the music.

To me rap is what has finally brought youth together as one culture, black white yellow orange pink green dead alive gay straight wack dope. what or whoever the fuck you are, hip hop culture has brought people toghether to respect and enjoy one genre of music. We shoudl cherish that,relise that and use it to bridge other racial gaps.

As for who controls the industry, i wouldnt waste a cell in my brain worrying about that.
But too answer you; money does.
Old 05-24-06, 12:57 AM   #4
Key...
You Love My Style.

Text Record: 19-2
Audio Record: 11-2
IP: 9E6E 2EF1

True. But why does it still exist.

Music has no ethnicity but still media is controlled by whites, record labels are controlled by whites etc.

Rap Music was intended for all people. but it continues to amaze me how blatent and racist the industry really is. Its not a trait for whites to dominate and continue white supremacy!! Nos thats basically what you saying son. Did god said "Whites are smarter than other races"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Theresa
"Hi Key, You The Only Guy Who Took My Virginity."

Authentik Intelligence
O. Y. D.

Old 05-24-06, 01:39 AM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key...
True. But why does it still exist.

Music has no ethnicity but still media is controlled by whites, record labels are controlled by whites etc.

Rap Music was intended for all people. but it continues to amaze me how blatent and racist the industry really is. Its not a trait for whites to dominate and continue white supremacy!! Nos thats basically what you saying son. Did god said "Whites are smarter than other races"?

Uhh..Newsflash...

White governments have been running shit for the last 1000 years plus.... Before that, European governments.. And before them........welll.... Nobody really ran shit, it was all just every civvo for itself...

And your trying to tell me to shut up because I say were good at politics and business?

Fuck that........I'm proud of my race and its achievements...

Nobody said were smarter... Its just history that shows we been running shit and dominating...
Old 05-24-06, 04:21 AM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 2977 80E3

economics always reminds me of a puppet show. just juggle these puppets to entertain the sheep and money comes out.

mmmmm....capitalism...

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-06, 04:24 AM   #7
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Lmao... You gotta admit.. The US government is pretty smart for over powering smaller countries, filling them with their coperations then taking a cut of their economy......

People can hate on that... But what the fuck are they gonna do about it?

Its like Immortal Technique... You can spread awareness all you like... But jack shit is ever gonna come of it..
Old 05-24-06, 04:45 AM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

you say "nothing's ever going to come of it" because you're so addicted to lifestyles they put up to entertain you and provide your escapes. escapes from the problems they created.

open your eyes. nothing you see is real.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-06, 04:50 AM   #9
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
you say "nothing's ever going to come of it" because you're so addicted to lifestyles they put up to entertain you and provide your escapes. escapes from the problems they created.

open your eyes. nothing you see is real.

Lmao..

You can make out that I'm ignorant if it makes you feel better...
Old 05-24-06, 04:52 AM   #10
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Lmao..

You can make out that I'm ignorant if it makes you feel better...

I'm not saying you're ignorant, quite the opposite. turn your defens-o ray off and read that again.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 05-24-06, 05:14 AM   #11
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Well mybad.. I think I get where your comming from....

I'm on the phone to this chick putting work in lol.. Jus a bit busy at the moment...
Old 05-24-06, 05:49 AM   #12
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: FE9D 4EAA

Quote:
Well mybad.. I think I get where your comming from....

I'm on the phone to this chick putting work in lol.. Jus a bit busy at the moment...

aka instant messaging me...

and Nos...that's jus wrong man i don't go that way sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-06, 07:32 AM   #13
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 4A0F CD23

White people control the industry because they can't get into it as a rapper. The racism follows them as well, I know it follows me. People always expect me to be some 'yo yo yo' rapper and just spit nonsense. Ish is mad annoying.

White people decided to take business route where they would actually make a lot of money. Because when you are a rapper, you don't make that much money. Most rappers just sign with a major label, get reconition, then make their own label once their contract is up.

Racism goes both ways, not just for blacks, hispanics, whites, or any other race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 05-24-06, 07:50 AM   #14
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 085D 358C

Quote:
As for white people having control over rap music.........Well.. Its a major white trait to conquor and dominate in the political and business arena...

lol, i think its alot more situational than that... whites have been in a position to do what they did... and any race could have done it if the cultures were switched... its not a "white trait" to be ambitious... i know you probably didnt mean it that literally, b/c alot of things dont come out how you mean them, but just watch how you word things...

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Last edited by B!ayboy : 05-24-06 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-24-06, 08:26 AM   #15
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 1570 45AE

White people control the industry because they are the people who bought in to it. There is no skin color on the all mighty dollar.....whoever has the most money will get the most things. If it was a black man running things, would it be OK for me to express my disgust? I didn't think so. Face the facts.....the people who have control over the music industry today are there because they bought their spot. There are tons of black people who have the money to take their place.....they just choose not to.