RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-05, 06:45 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

I felt this needed a new thread...RED BULL and others step in...here's the problem...

IP: 1ADC A69C

Here's the reason it's NOT okay for you as a white man to call a black sistah an "APE".

We all know that people, regardless of race, can look ape-ish. I've seen my share of white people who resemble Neanderthals or Cro-Magnon Man. Anyway, the reason it's NOT okay for a white person to call a black sistah an APE or say she looks like one is because racist WHITE FOLK used to call black people PORCH MONKIES and APES to insult us. They were basically saying blacks were UGLY and had the resourcefulness of an early primate. Furthermore, if a white person in Power, let's say a politician, got on television and said, "I love black people, but I can't stand those APE lookin ones," do you think it would be okay? Be honest with your self. You KNOW THAT SHIT SOUNDS RACIAL and it is INAPPROPRIATE.PERIOD. If you and others aren't creative enough to describe Serena Williams' look without turning to racist assholes, then shut your fucking mouth. YOu have EVERY RIGHT to prefer white chicks. That's your right. But, do NOT put down black sistahs because you're not attracted to AFRICAN FEATURES, which MANY, MANY guys are.

P.S. I happen to love the way Serena Looks. And, I DO NOT think she looks like an APE. I've seen what Apes look like, and she DOES NOT remotely resemble one.

Also, your argument that saying SERENA looks like an APE is NOT dissing all blacks is fuckin ridiculous. That's like a racist calling a black man a NIGGER and saying, "BUT I ONLY CALLED THAT NIGGER A NIGGER". It's wrong and you need to change your way of thinking.

GROW THE FUCK UP.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 11-30-05 at 06:50 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 06:50 AM   #2
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 065E FFAB

Q: um...some black girls are fit?

A: yes yes...

Q: um...some white girls are fit?

A: yes yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 06:51 AM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
Q: um...some black girls are fit?

A: yes yes...

Q: um...some white girls are fit?

A: yes yes

mad dog...I got no problem with u, but why is it people make light of shit when someone is being serious.

do that shit in another thread please....Red Bull needs no EXCUSE to continue in his ignorance. And YES, he is ignorant.
Old 11-30-05, 06:56 AM   #4
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 065E FFAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
mad dog...I got no problem with u, but why is it people make light of shit when someone is being serious.

do that shit in another thread please....Red Bull needs no EXCUSE to continue in his ignorance. And YES, he is ignorant.

i'm trying to lighten up the atmosphere...tensity is wack IMO

i wouldn't describe an unattractive black girl as ape lookin though...that is jus plain insulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 06:59 AM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm trying to lighten up the atmosphere...tensity is wack IMO

i wouldn't describe an unattractive black girl as ape lookin though...that is jus plain insulting

^^Then that's all u needed to say...PERIOD.

comin in here and makin jokes about somethin that's rather serious is WACK...
Old 11-30-05, 06:59 AM   #6
Dex
Gods Of War! -yeah im one

Text Record: 20-13
IP: BD47 2B52

Q bro i think you are well off on this one.

If i think someone looks like an ape myself whether he/she is black/white i will say so. If someone thinks that im being racist speaking my opinion then that is their problem. I am not racist at all but would quite easily tell any black person who looks like an ape that they do and they can tell me wat a big nose iv got or wat gay blonde hair iv got. Its all water off a duck's back to me.

Just because idiots in the past used to use ape as a racist insult doesnt mean other people still do.

Red Bull or anyone can say things like that as long as its not meant in a malicious way. I dont think many people on this site are actually racist if they are then they are pretty two-faced and need to fuck off.

Send a message via AIM to Dex Send a message via MSN to Dex   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 07:03 AM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
Q bro i think you are well off on this one.

If i think someone looks like an ape myself whether he/she is black/white i will say so. If someone thinks that im being racist speaking my opinion then that is their problem. I am not racist at all but would quite easily tell any black person who looks like an ape that they do and they can tell me wat a big nose iv got or wat gay blonde hair iv got. Its all water off a duck's back to me.

Just because idiots in the past used to use ape as a racist insult doesnt mean other people still do.

Red Bull or anyone can say things like that as long as its not meant in a malicious way. I dont think many people on this site are actually racist if they are then they are pretty two-faced and need to fuck off.

Okay...then, is it okay for him to "ADOPT" the term "NIGGER" and use it in a "NEW WAY" other than the way the word has HISTORICALLY been used?

Dawg, you are stretchin it and you damn well know it. All I know is, it's an insulting term because of it's HISTORY. I'm not sittin around crying, I'm just educating you on the past and why SOME PEOPLE, including myself, find it INAPPROPRIATE and offensive. How much of an asshole are you to take such a stance when someone FLAT OUT tells you that word is offensive. BUt, instead of being intelligent and rational, you DEFY them and say, "IMMA BE AN ASSHOLE ANYWAY AND USE A RACIST TERM TO DESCRIBE BLACK PEOPLE"

That either makes you a bigot or an asshole. Which is it?

Stop...jus stop.
Old 11-30-05, 07:10 AM   #8
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F019 583F

Weird how I'm racist when I posted like 5 pics of hot ass black girls in the same thread. I call one person ape like and I get fuckin' shit on. Fuck that, you guys take shit way too fuckin' serious.
Old 11-30-05, 07:12 AM   #9
Dex

all it is, is saying wat someone looks like. A lot of racism i see nowadays is just black people saying they've been treated in a racist way wen they havent and they've just got a chip on their shoulder. Altho i do accept that sometimes people just dont know wat they're saying.

There are a lot of terms that have been highly offensive for all sorts of people ie: Limeys = brits used to be called this and it was like the worst insult. Do i give a fuck if someone calls me this? NO.

Your whole argument is based on someone commenting on someones appearance. If i call a fat man a big fat podger and it is really offensive to that person i promise you lots of peeps if they were there would laugh their tits off and wouldnt think of it as prejudice. -Its just taking the piss or commenting in a less-than-nice way. If the person he said it to gets over it quick enoughthen it aint an issue

If people keep making issues of things like this then the world's attitude will never change. I cant stop you getting offended but i doubt red bull meant any serious offence, he just said wat he saw

Old 11-30-05, 07:12 AM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull
Weird how I'm racist when I posted like 5 pics of hot ass black girls in the same thread. I call one person ape like and I get fuckin' shit on. Fuck that, you guys take shit way too fuckin' serious.

People in the Ku Klux Klan like Michael Jordan. He's one of those "good niggers" as they'd say. My point is, just because you DON'T insult all black people doesn't make you NON-RACIST. A racist is a racist. I'm just tellin you to accept what I'm saying and RECONSIDER calling black people APES.
Old 11-30-05, 07:13 AM   #11
Adam

Quote:
People in the Ku Klux Klan like Michael Jordan. He's one of those "good niggers" as they'd say. My point is, just because you DON'T insult all black people doesn't make you NON-RACIST. A racist is a racist. I'm just tellin you to accept what I'm saying and RECONSIDER calling black people APES.

I didn't fuckin' call black people apes. I called ONE indvidual ape like. Find a picture of a white girl that looks like Serina. I'll call her fuckin' ape like as well. Holy fuck, get over it.
Old 11-30-05, 07:14 AM   #12
Dex

Quote:

now you've twisted it, he didnt call her an ape, you said that yourself, he said she looks ape-like

Old 11-30-05, 07:14 AM   #13
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
all it is, is saying wat someone looks like. A lot of racism i see nowadays is just black people saying they've been treated in a racist way wen they havent and they've just got a chip on their shoulder. Altho i do accept that sometimes people just dont know wat they're saying.

There are a lot of terms that have been highly offensive for all sorts of people ie: Limeys = brits used to be called this and it was like the worst insult. Do i give a fuck if someone calls me this? NO.

Your whole argument is based on someone commenting on someones appearance. If i call a fat man a big fat podger and it is really offensive to that person i promise you lots of peeps if they were there would laugh their tits off and wouldnt think of it as prejudice. -Its just taking the piss or commenting in a less-than-nice way. If the person he said it to gets over it quick enoughthen it aint an issue

If people keep making issues of things like this then the world's attitude will never change. I cant stop you getting offended but i doubt red bull meant any serious offence, he just said wat he saw

It's kind of difficult for you to see past your own culture. #1...Ur from the UK so your perspective on American Racism is NOT going to be an enlightened as if you lived here. #2...I presume you're white which gives you yet another perspective. Therefore, I'mma leave it alone. Having a CHIP on ones shoulder and realizing that certain words are HISTORICALLY DEGRADING to black people are 2 entirely dfferent things. I WILL NEVER accept being called a NIGGER by a white person, EVER. I will NEVER accept being called a porch MONKEY or an APE by a white person, EVER. It's wrong and whoever uses those terms need to reconsider their way of thinking.
Old 11-30-05, 07:17 AM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull
I didn't fuckin' call black people apes. I called ONE indvidual ape like. Find a picture of a white girl that looks like Serina. I'll call her fuckin' ape like as well. Holy fuck, get over it.

Wow...calling ONE black person APE-LIKE doesn't insult us ALL? So, if a white person calls just ME a nigger, then, other blacks shouldn't be concerned about it?....THat's ridiculous...THat argument of "A NIGGER HAS NO COLOR" or "SOME BLACKS ARE NIGGERS" is absurd. The term APE is racially insentive and degrading because of its HISTORY....can't you understand that. Reconsider calling blacks APES or APE-LIKE for that fact alone. Just because something is convenient to use doesn't make it right dawg...think about it.
Old 11-30-05, 07:18 AM   #15
Adam

I didn't say it in a racist manner. My personal opinion is that she's ugly as fuck and resembles an ape.

Sorry, but I don't find that attractive at all. Don't see how it insults everybody else.