RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-05, 10:17 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

How beef/rumors start in the industry...

IP: 1ADC A69C

let's stop for a minute and remember that rap stars that have larger-than-life personas are still people, and at one time were "regular" people. So, many of these "beefs" and "rumors" we see and hear about have a base and some starting point. I actually sat back and thought about how and why some of these beefs and rumors can form. Well, here's what I concluded.

#1Take the incident with me and Omen. Neither of us are "signed", nor is it my personal goal to be signed. However, before he started going-off on this "I'm with this label now" trip, he and I were thinking about starting our own thing. Then, he jumped onto the current project he's on. Human nature should tell you that even though I'm not sweating it really, there would be feelings of resentment and abandonment. This is one way beef starts in the rap industry. Let's say Omen and I both "make it" in the industry in our own way, there will always been that animosity between us because of something so simple. That's the nature of beef; it NEVER really has a point.

#2...Gay rumors in the industry. There have always been rumors that this or that person is "gay" or "lesbian" in the industry. Well, where there's smoke there's fire people. Many of the rumors have bases. Take for instance the situation between me and Triple N where he and I used to talk nasty to each other, over AIM and on the phone. Now, I know what I said and I know what he said. So, if either of us ever "made it" and that came out, of course it'll seem like LIES and INNUENDO because of the Larger-than-life images. Truth is, what I said DID happen. Triple and I had cyber sex on many occasions. But, he has reason to deny. It's all about image. So, this is how rumors can get started in the industry. People have claimed that Diddy is bisexual and that Mase was his lover. Some people say Ja Rule is bi. Don't always dismiss these as publicity stunts. Like I said, where there is smoke there is fire.

#3...For those of you who say the I-net doesn't mean shit and is pointless, think again. Eminem had beef with cats because they were saying shit ON THE INTERNET! So, all this shit talking that we all like to do now can easily come back to haunt any one of us. Let's say two people on RV who hate each other's guts "make it" and end up at the same awards show. There's def. gonna be animosity there because of the hate they had for each other on the net. Words are words people. It doesn't matter if they are uttered on the net, the phone, or in person. They do their damage. So, this is another way beef starts in the industry.

Holla

Last edited by Tha Q. : 08-22-05 at 10:21 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 10:21 AM   #2
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 3811 5E44

Word Q....

apparently Canibus stole rhymes from the internet when he was beefing with LL Cool J.....

but i understand what your saying, Beef always starts with rumours, but the rumours that surround artists must have some truth in them....or they would never have been started.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 10:40 AM   #3
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

damn, didn't know that Cannibus info.

but yeah ya'll are both correct, but the best way to put it would be how ThaQ. said it...

"where there's smoke, there's fire"...

no rumor gains life wthout there being SOME kind of truth to it, but the fuel is added by speculation alone...

far as niggas in the industry being gay, personally I think all the ones talkin' about sex all the tyme and FUCKin' madd chicks ends up gay, you can only have pussy so many ways and once you have it different ways so many times, it gets old and niggas wants something new, a guy...but that's just MY opinion, I know most of you will disagree with it completely...

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 12:28 PM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D6FD 8B82

I doubt that shit about triple is all true..

But then.........I dont know the dude THAT well..
Old 08-22-05, 01:05 PM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
I doubt that shit about triple is all true..

But then.........I dont know the dude THAT well..

You don't have to believe it. That doesn't make it not true. There are definitely two sides to every story. But, like I said, where there is smoke there is fire.

**And NOS, I find it easy to believe that people find it HARD to believe anyone who is kinda thugged out could be gay/bi/whatever...So you deny the shit...

this is why I give a big MIDDLE FINGER to YOu or whoever look at my sexuality before my ability to rap...

nuff said...
Old 08-22-05, 01:08 PM   #7
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0825 899A

q.... first off, i thought i told u to keep my name out of ur mouth boy.... n trip would slap tha black off your face if he heard u talkin all this bullshyt... wen are u gonna realize ppl think all ur threads are pointless jibber jabber? lol, sorry that i get a group that wants me to join... i even told u that iwas still down to make a lil netgroup, but u had to take it the wrong way n get ur feelings hurt... y do u post up ur problems? and fake shyt about ppl?

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 01:12 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen
q.... first off, i thought i told u to keep my name out of ur mouth boy.... n trip would slap tha black off your face if he heard u talkin all this bullshyt... wen are u gonna realize ppl think all ur threads are pointless jibber jabber? lol, sorry that i get a group that wants me to join... i even told u that iwas still down to make a lil netgroup, but u had to take it the wrong way n get ur feelings hurt... y do u post up ur problems? and fake shyt about ppl?

I have no reason to lie...ur speakin out of ignorance...I don't care bout no net group...I was making a point.

So don't blow this thread out of proportion...the Trip situation occurred a year ago...I just used it as an example of how Gay Rumors in the industry can get started...And my point is, don't always blow them off as lies because I know 1st hand that not everything that sounds unbelievable IS A LIE.

PS...Can you have a conversation without it sounding like you're blowing a gasket?

pssf
Old 08-22-05, 01:16 PM   #9
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0825 899A

im not blowing a gasget.. i just think its retarded taht all u have to do all day as a 23 year old man, is post up why u have beef w/ internet kids.... and make up rumors about ppl being gay... c'mon yo, trip? gay? gay ppl talk w/ lisps n have high voices... usually u can tell wen sum1 is gay by their voice... i aint never heard of a deeeeeepp ass voiced gangsta homo.... i mean, karamo is the closest i've seen... n even he was almost predicatble... just stop whining about ppl aight? find sumn productive... go drop another track n up it 20 tiems... cool

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 01:21 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen
im not blowing a gasget.. i just think its retarded taht all u have to do all day as a 23 year old man, is post up why u have beef w/ internet kids.... and make up rumors about ppl being gay... c'mon yo, trip? gay? gay ppl talk w/ lisps n have high voices... usually u can tell wen sum1 is gay by their voice... i aint never heard of a deeeeeepp ass voiced gangsta homo.... i mean, karamo is the closest i've seen... n even he was almost predicatble... just stop whining about ppl aight? find sumn productive... go drop another track n up it 20 tiems... cool

^^yet another example of how you're speaking out of ignorance...c'mon...taking the easy road to cheap shots? Someone's voice has nothing to do with their sexuality...But, since you seem to know so much about it, just HOW MANY gay people have you been around to determine this?

See, I have gay friends and been in environments with many gay people. And, I know for a fact that most of them have voices like anyone else...So, that's an ignorant and a moot point. Stop...you're quick to quote people's ages, and yet you yourself aren't a lil child but act more childish than damn near anyone who posts on RV.

I can't make someone gay by saying, "THEY ARE GAY." So, stop being the insecure CLOSET CASE that you are and educate yourself.

You are ignorant.

PERIOD.
Old 08-22-05, 01:35 PM   #11
.Barz Of Steel.
Don't Even Think About It

Text Record: 19-2
IP: F15D F66F

Triple N=Owned...........
Send a message via AIM to .Barz Of Steel.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 01:37 PM   #12
Tha Q.
OYD

OH...and P.S. Karamo was FARRRRRRRRrrrrrrr from a Homo Thug...I know Homo Thugs...and He's as effiminate as you are Omen...in fact, I'm not being funny, but you're kinda prissy Omen...You remind me of the type of gay guy that gives fashion advice n shit...

I know the type...

kid...I will blow your shit wide open if you keep runnin ya mouth...

are u gonna deny Omen that you told me on AIM that u had thoughts of what givin ORAL to a guy would be like?

Of course u are...I got no reason to lie

u and I BOTH KNOW ur a LOSER and full of shit.
Old 08-22-05, 01:46 PM   #13
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: B73C 3D1E

so this whole thread is about who YOU have beefs and arguments with? What a waste. Get a life man, fuck.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 01:50 PM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

PS 2 OMEN...I ain't ya boy...

u got me fucked up kid

smackin black off my face? so u a racist now?

dun let me find out...I'll get yo ugly Screech lookin ass booted off this site so fast u'll forget ur wack ass was ever on it.
Old 08-22-05, 02:00 PM   #15
PrahJect
Champion

IP: 2334 E54A

Ok this is my take on things, Omen:

Youre bagging on Q for his age, however youre not too young youreslelf, maybe not the same age as Q but still not at an age to think hes got no time on his hand..........

Next thing, your comment bout gay people having high voices and lisps, is completely discriminitative, that shit you said is prejudging and not how all gay people are. Q is a homosexual but he sounds "normal", many gay people sound "normal", jus because on comedy shows and TV's, you see them protrayed as high voiced, lisped people, then you need to broaden youre horizon and stop watchin those shows.....

The shit with Triple N, I dont know much about, as Q said 2 sides to a story, Triple may come and deny it, but if it was true I dont look at Triple less than he is, and neither Q, I actually look at Q with much more respect since he has the maturity to say sumthing like this to people like you who would respond with stupid, uneducated comments

Next point you called Tha Q a "boy", I just hope you werent being racist because then me and you got a problem "homie"

Overall:

Omen from the posts Ive seen you make id think youre younger than me and im 14, youre 19 right?...and your posts like "Gay People have high pitched voices" "Triple has a deep voice so hes not gay" "Triple would slap the black outta you" "BOY"

All this shit is uneducated, immature and summing a 12 yr old might think of saying without trying to sound childish, Youre music is pretty good, but ure attitude and lack of maturity isnt, so I guess thats what I gotta say