RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we have a Themed Championship?
YES - It would make the league more diverse. 8 88.89%
NO - I like boring leagues, and I also suck monkey penis. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-06, 06:29 PM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

New Themed Championship Title

IP: 670E 9063

This is my idea, read through and tell me what you think. And if you don't quite get anything then ask and I'll do my best to fully explain it.

Oh and Trus, instead of putting it in the magazine I put it in this separate thread so it is easier to find for everyone, just sticky this please.

Why Another Title?

Basically, at the moment we have one title and for those who have been participating in the league for a while may have noticed that it only seems to be contended by a select group of people.
Some may be ok with this, but personally I think it gets a bit boring watching the same people go at it week after week.

Also, just running a week in week out league with the same types of battles is getting kind of stale to me. All the leagues have the same types of battles and I think with a Themed Championship Title it will at least add a bit more diversity to battles, even if its only one battle per week.
It could also work as a way for battlers to improve on their skills by trying out new types of battles like Multies Battles, Wordplay Battles ....etc..etc.

How The Title Works.

The Champ - Whoever holds the title is forced to defend it whenever someone challenges for it of course. If he does not then he forfeits the title over to whoever his opponent may be. Also, if a person holds the Themed Championship he can not challenge for the Main Championship. If he gets to the #2 spot in the rankings he must either A) - Relinquish his #2 spot to the next person in the rankings or B) - Forfeit his Themed Championship.

The Contenders - The Contenders for the title will be all battlers who have won a match in the previous week. If they wish to make a challenge for the title then they must inform DTH so he can set it up. If more than one person challenges for the title, then DTH picks the highest ranking battler out of the challengers and they get the shot.

Now, to prevent the same old thing happening with the same battlers going for the title. Should a person challenge for the title and lose, they are removed from contention for 2 WEEKS. After the 2 WEEKS is over, they are put back in and must win a battle to become a contender again. So in hindsight it would be a minimum of 3 WEEKS break before they could be in the title match again. The same applies to the current champ, if he loses he is removed from contention for 2 WEEKS.

The other thing is this, if you choose to challenge for the title you WILL NOT have a regular scheduled battle for the week. Your ranking spot will be handed to the next person down.
So, say battler ranked at #5 challenges for the title, whoever is ranked #6 would take his spot and so on.
A win or a loss will be added to his record according to the outcome of his title match and he will be put back in the rankings for the following week according to how his record would fit him in.

The Champ WILL have a regular scheduled battle in the week. As the Champ you would be required to compete twice in one week. To maintain balance, the Champ WILL NOT receive a win added if he defends his title successfully, he would also not receive a loss if he loses.

The reason for the difference in rules for a contender and champ is to keep a balance as the Champ would have a regular scheduled battle whereas the Contender would not, his title match would take the place of his normal battle. It is all about balance.

And finally,
The concept of the "themed" title is that exactly. It is no specific "theme", it is what the Contender decides on. So, whoever is the Contender picks the theme for the battle and the Champ has to fucking deal with it. If the Contender says its going to be a Multies Battle, then the Champ has to accept. The Champ may suck ass at multies, tough shit. This will help you to elevate yourself and become a more diverse battler.

The only exception to that rule is you can't pick a theme that the Champ is unable to do. Example, you can't say lets audio battle to a fucking text only battler. Or you can't say lets picture battle to a dude who has no picture. If they agree to post a picture up then that is cool, but they are not required to. But, shit like wordplay, multies, concept flipping, serial killer battles... everyone can do them so they are golden.
And if the Champ is unsure on the theme, you must explain it to them. You can't expect them to figure it out on their own. If you don't explain it then you will be DQ'ed from the battle. Choosing the theme is advantage enough.

That is basically it. I don't think I've left anything out. So, if you are all for this idea then cool. If you are not then you suck monkey cock and are gay for just wanting this league to remain the same old boring shit every week.

Thank you.

Last edited by Nick Fletcher. : 12-22-06 at 08:19 PM.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 06:30 PM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

P.S. - That may seem like a lot to take in, but in hindsight once you read the rules you would understand it all and it would be easy.

Oh and naturally I vote YES.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 06:34 PM   #3
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: DC5D 173D

I think we should have a Middleweight Title as well, for the lesser heads. And ypu can still hold the Middleweight title and challenge for the Heavyweight title, but if you win the HW title you will forfeit the middleweight title.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 07:20 PM   #4
John Hensley.
Light Weight

IP: 2029 97B3

yea, PR had the Hardcore Title which was kind of similar. One champ, whoever challenged first decided the match type and then they had to defend it.

It's a cool idea.

classick . johnhensley . mets . shakezula . deon . properhops . armz . username

Send a message via AIM to John Hensley.   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 07:54 PM   #5
Pro.
Succès Facile!

IP: FEDD 5A6B

I think its a pretty decent idea..It'll make the league a lil more intresting,even tho' I will never champ the league..lol.
Send a message via AIM to Pro.   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 08:22 PM   #6
King Solo
Skadoosh!

4 votes for YES... plus DTH liked the idea... so that is 5.

Word and shit..
Old 12-22-06, 10:16 PM   #7
Wordz AhGod
ROFL @ u niggas since '04

Text Record: 26-11
IP: D681 4A91

If DTH likes it then it would be cool. I like the way Appoc put it too though. It'll make shit more diverse around here for sure.

Send a message via AIM to Wordz AhGod Send a message via MSN to Wordz AhGod   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 10:19 PM   #8
King Solo
Skadoosh!

And you could give it birth at the December Special Event.

To pick who goes up for it at the Special Event, you could just pick the two best verses from this weeks bounty regardless of whether or not they are better than Hensley's. Then instead of a free win going out, the top two just get to compete for the new championship.

Fuck you all, I have the best ideas.

Eat shit and die.
Old 12-22-06, 10:28 PM   #9
Wordz AhGod

shit dont really taste that bad....its your moms asshole that usually gets me...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap... ( : (lol at me being too lazy to click the Go Advance shit just to put a smilie in but I cant still type this long ass comment in)

Send a message via AIM to Wordz AhGod Send a message via MSN to Wordz AhGod   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 10:31 PM   #10
King Solo
Skadoosh!

oohhhhhhh snap... like your skinny bitch did when my dick hit her too hard
Old 12-22-06, 10:39 PM   #11
Wordz AhGod

yeah...kinda like that.....I was there remember?! you still owe medical bills you dick head!!!! ) :::< <----the 6 eyed angry monster.....lol.......

Old 12-22-06, 10:54 PM   #12
King Solo
Skadoosh!

^ Lmao, no doubt.

I fucked your girl, and I'm brutal.. I told ya
I hit that bitch so hard she fell into a coma

word
Old 12-22-06, 10:55 PM   #13
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: F956 A220

Word, like everyone has said, I think this idea is pretty dope. I think it will be introduced though the week after the special event. I know it kinda fits the special event idea, but it will be more exciting if introduced in a week when a lot of other stuff isn't going on.

You did a great job ironing out all the details tho, don't really see any drawbacks to this idea. Should be pretty dope.
Old 12-22-06, 11:01 PM   #14
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Word, and thank you.
Old 12-22-06, 11:17 PM   #15
Stanza.
Please excuse My Sickness

Text Record: 0-1
IP: CCBE 9926

Well in Honor Of my Great Friend Nick ........I Vote Yes.....I also think we ned a middlewieght Title Match

One Love

*Bridging The Rap*

Stanza Productions *Dem City Boys*