RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we have a Themed Championship?
YES - It would make the league more diverse. 8 88.89%
NO - I like boring leagues, and I also suck monkey penis. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-06, 06:29 PM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

New Themed Championship Title

IP:

This is my idea, read through and tell me what you think. And if you don't quite get anything then ask and I'll do my best to fully explain it.

Oh and Trus, instead of putting it in the magazine I put it in this separate thread so it is easier to find for everyone, just sticky this please.

Why Another Title?

Basically, at the moment we have one title and for those who have been participating in the league for a while may have noticed that it only seems to be contended by a select group of people.
Some may be ok with this, but personally I think it gets a bit boring watching the same people go at it week after week.

Also, just running a week in week out league with the same types of battles is getting kind of stale to me. All the leagues have the same types of battles and I think with a Themed Championship Title it will at least add a bit more diversity to battles, even if its only one battle per week.
It could also work as a way for battlers to improve on their skills by trying out new types of battles like Multies Battles, Wordplay Battles ....etc..etc.

How The Title Works.

The Champ - Whoever holds the title is forced to defend it whenever someone challenges for it of course. If he does not then he forfeits the title over to whoever his opponent may be. Also, if a person holds the Themed Championship he can not challenge for the Main Championship. If he gets to the #2 spot in the rankings he must either A) - Relinquish his #2 spot to the next person in the rankings or B) - Forfeit his Themed Championship.

The Contenders - The Contenders for the title will be all battlers who have won a match in the previous week. If they wish to make a challenge for the title then they must inform DTH so he can set it up. If more than one person challenges for the title, then DTH picks the highest ranking battler out of the challengers and they get the shot.

Now, to prevent the same old thing happening with the same battlers going for the title. Should a person challenge for the title and lose, they are removed from contention for 2 WEEKS. After the 2 WEEKS is over, they are put back in and must win a battle to become a contender again. So in hindsight it would be a minimum of 3 WEEKS break before they could be in the title match again. The same applies to the current champ, if he loses he is removed from contention for 2 WEEKS.

The other thing is this, if you choose to challenge for the title you WILL NOT have a regular scheduled battle for the week. Your ranking spot will be handed to the next person down.
So, say battler ranked at #5 challenges for the title, whoever is ranked #6 would take his spot and so on.
A win or a loss will be added to his record according to the outcome of his title match and he will be put back in the rankings for the following week according to how his record would fit him in.

The Champ WILL have a regular scheduled battle in the week. As the Champ you would be required to compete twice in one week. To maintain balance, the Champ WILL NOT receive a win added if he defends his title successfully, he would also not receive a loss if he loses.

The reason for the difference in rules for a contender and champ is to keep a balance as the Champ would have a regular scheduled battle whereas the Contender would not, his title match would take the place of his normal battle. It is all about balance.

And finally,
The concept of the "themed" title is that exactly. It is no specific "theme", it is what the Contender decides on. So, whoever is the Contender picks the theme for the battle and the Champ has to fucking deal with it. If the Contender says its going to be a Multies Battle, then the Champ has to accept. The Champ may suck ass at multies, tough shit. This will help you to elevate yourself and become a more diverse battler.

The only exception to that rule is you can't pick a theme that the Champ is unable to do. Example, you can't say lets audio battle to a fucking text only battler. Or you can't say lets picture battle to a dude who has no picture. If they agree to post a picture up then that is cool, but they are not required to. But, shit like wordplay, multies, concept flipping, serial killer battles... everyone can do them so they are golden.
And if the Champ is unsure on the theme, you must explain it to them. You can't expect them to figure it out on their own. If you don't explain it then you will be DQ'ed from the battle. Choosing the theme is advantage enough.

That is basically it. I don't think I've left anything out. So, if you are all for this idea then cool. If you are not then you suck monkey cock and are gay for just wanting this league to remain the same old boring shit every week.

Thank you.

Last edited by Nick Fletcher. : 12-22-06 at 08:19 PM.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote