RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-03, 05:50 PM   #1
Ricochet.
BANNED

Text Record: 32-10
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Neptunes Accused Os Stealing Beats & Ideas Off Of Their Own Forum!! (long ass read)

IP: 34BF DD77

As the Neptunes' Pharrell Williams and partner Chad Hugo launch their new album, Star Trak presents...Clones today in stores nationwide, they must do so amidst allegations from a young Canadian man (Joseph Zakoni)who claims that Williams and his Star Trak Entertainment ripped off beats that he posted on their Web site. Zakoni says he was initially contacted by the label after he posted some of his beats on their website under the username, "knukurru."

"They [Walker and Williams] discovered me online last April on their message board," said Zakoni via e-mail from Canada. "They basically flew out to meet me [in Canada], and promised to give me money to buy equipment, since all I used [to create beats] is this sh!tty software stuff."

It was from that meeting, which took place at Canada's Much Music Studios, that Zakoni realized that Walker and Williams were really interested in his style of production. In August, Joseph Zakoni says he met up again with Williams and his group, N.E.R.D. at the Warped Tour. He received V.I.P. tickets from Rob Walker to attend the event, and it was there that he turned over more beats to Pharrell to pass on to Walker. Since that last meeting, Zakoni insists he has heard nothing more from Williams, Walker or anyone at Star Trak. However, months after he noticed that Pharrell and The Neptunes had begun to incorporate his productions into theirs.

"They flew me out to New York once," Zakoni recalls of a previous encounter, "and I walked into the studio and was like, 'Oh awesome! They're playing my beat...wait a minute...', and [then I realized] it was that 'ni99a Please,' Jay-Z bullsh!t." . Other tracks that Zakoni alleges The Neptunes stole from his collection are tracks by Canadian/Jamaican-descent rapper Kardinall Offishall ("Belly Dancer") and Nas ("Flyest Angel") - which is currently receiving modest play on radio, and sits at #29 on New York's Hot 97's (WQHT) play list.

Zakoni said he's sought legal advice on the matter, and although he has a strong suit against the Neptunes and Star Trak, the case would have to be prosecuted in New York City and he does not have the funds to go ahead with any legal actions.

PROOF~ http://buzzbang.redcarp.com/orajin_proof.mp3

^I got kinda bored here but if u are sad enuf 2 wana carry on readin then hurrr u go~

Pharell gets acsed again

Last week, we published an exclusive interview with Joseph Zakoni who made shocking allegations that The Neptunes illegally copied several tracks he submitted to them and refused to give him credit or payment. Now, a 29-year old Texas producer who contacted SOHH.com anonymously under the alias "Jaime Sucio," alleges that he had an encounter with Williams and Star Trak that was very similar to that described by Joseph Zakoni.

"I met Pharrell and his body guard Ben in early March at SXSW music festival in Austin, Texas, while they were there to support [their band] Spymob," said Sucio who is originally from Virginia, home of The Neptunes. "We talked for a half hour or so, and I gave Ben two CDs, one with about 12 [instrumentals] tracks on it, [and] one with some remixes. They said they would holla at me if they liked the stuff."

As with Zakoni, Sucio never heard from Williams or his bodyguard again, but received a rejection letter from Star Trak. By the summer, Sucio said he was surprised to hear the Jay Z "Excuse Me Miss" remix, which had a distorted riff that was particularly identical to one of the songs on the CD he gave to Pharrell's bodyguard.
Send a message via AIM to Ricochet.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-03, 05:52 PM   #2
Ricochet.
BANNED

IP: 9B91 D0C6

My TwO CentZ

I think its bullshit... BUT i also think ima head over to pharells forum and steal some beats 4 myself
Send a message via AIM to Ricochet.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-03, 10:07 PM   #3
prophiit

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 9B33 081B

of course it's bullshit and unless the kid had his shit copyrighted BEFORE those songs he's basically fucked.......................but it's all bullshit so the only thing i can say is nice try...........
Old 08-26-03, 10:10 PM   #4
DEL the funkee

IP: DB9F 8B2C

none of that shit makes sense.

they flew all the way out to canada just to see the kid..
Old 08-27-03, 07:40 PM   #5
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

I don't buy it, but I wouldn't put it past them..........

And I would rejoice if it was true........

Bye-bye, Neptunes....little tenny-boppers, "Oh No! The world is coming to an end!"

They leave Hip-Hop, and finally some good shit will make the request lines.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-03, 08:01 PM   #6
BLACK FLAME

IP: 4577 CD9A

LMAO I always did say i could make their beats in fucking FL
Old 08-27-03, 10:47 PM   #7
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

IP: 2DF8 44D6

^You could make them in Fruity Loops......

Shit is so damned simple.....
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-03, 05:08 AM   #8
MultiVersEal
Banned: Compromised Account

Text Record: 3-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 3776 7FE7

lol their beats are hot but i dont think they should be anythin but producers. i dont want to hear pharrell singin. its the asian guy that makes the techno soundin beats and pharrell that makes the funk ones that ppl can actually bump in the ride and not get looked at funny.
Send a message via AIM to MultiVersEal   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-03, 11:07 AM   #9
INsanity
Light Weight

IP: EF0B 353C

I think it's bullshit aswell, i mean everybody's tryna get money and they always go after the biggest people in the game that wouyld be the Neptunes.
Old 08-29-03, 01:15 PM   #10
KeyZ

IP: EEE8 B964

Bullshit
Old 08-29-03, 01:33 PM   #11
Ricochet.
BANNED