RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-05, 07:06 AM   #1
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Saying One Person Is Ugly Racist?

IP: F019 583F

No it isn't. Hop off my dick.
Old 11-30-05, 07:10 AM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

NO...Saying Serena is Ugly isn't racist. Calling her an "APE" in offensive because of the history of that term in describing black people. You don't have to agree with it, I'm just educating you on it. Certain terms have certain historical roots when dealing with racism and bigotry. Calling blacks NIGGERs, porch MONKIES, APES, among other things were use to degrade and denigrate us. Therefore, when a white person uses those terms, it rides a fine line between intent and historical meaning. YOu could have said "SERENA IS UGLY TO ME"...I can respect that. BUt, to say "SERENA IS AN APE or LOOKS LIKE AN APE" is plain wrong. If anything, it's immature and childish because I don't think she remotely resembles an Ape. The issue is what about her makes her look ape-ish, her AFRICAN features? Again, you can have your preferences. But, do NOT insult a culture or it's FEATURES in ways historically used to degrade them and think it's all PEACHY. It's wrong.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 07:12 AM   #3
Adam

Sorry, I don't study racism and didn't know white people called black people apes back in the day. I live in peacefull Canada. Not a hopped up fucked up shitty ass USA state where everything is evil. I think Serina looks like a beast then. Is that better?
Old 11-30-05, 07:20 AM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull
Sorry, I don't study racism and didn't know white people called black people apes back in the day. I live in peacefull Canada. Not a hopped up fucked up shitty ass USA state where everything is evil. I think Serina looks like a beast then. Is that better?

Whatever makes you feel superior dude. Just think about what you're saying before you say it. I'm done with it.

P.S. If a black person comes in this thread and says, "I'll agree, Serena does look like an MONKEY," define the term UNCLE TOM.

Case Closed.
Old 11-30-05, 07:24 AM   #5
Adam

I didn't say she looked like a monkey. See, you're taking it in a huge blown up racist matter. I said she looks ape like. In my opinion she does.

^ You know, I think she's hideous too. I don't even know what animal describes her, but nobody posted that picture for me to comment on.
Old 11-30-05, 07:26 AM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Red Bull...you're an idiot.

I'm going to work out.

Educate yourself.
Old 11-30-05, 07:32 AM   #7
Dex
Gods Of War! -yeah im one

Text Record: 20-13
IP: BD47 2B52

nah, i think you are slightly retarded now Q. All you keep saying is "red bull your an idiot", "im more educated than you" that is probaly bullshit. You may know more useless information but that wont get you anywhere in life. Everytime you argue, you go on about how more educated you are than the other person.

In this case it means fuck all. Someone put the picture for peoples honest opinion. Red bull gave his honest opinion, you wanna cry, do it to yourself dont make threads about it.

NOTICE HOW NO ONE HAS CAME TO DEFEND YOU HERE

Send a message via AIM to Dex Send a message via MSN to Dex   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 07:35 AM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
nah, i think you are slightly retarded now Q. All you keep saying is "red bull your an idiot", "im more educated than you" that is probaly bullshit. You may know more useless information but that wont get you anywhere in life. Everytime you argue, you go on about how more educated you are than the other person.

In this case it means fuck all. Someone put the picture for peoples honest opinion. Red bull gave his honest opinion, you wanna cry, do it to yourself dont make threads about it.

NOTICE HOW NO ONE HAS CAME TO DEFEND YOU HERE

First of all, I only started callin Him an Idiot when he called me a MORON when I OBVIOUSLY know more about the history of what we're talking about. 2nd of all, You don't know what I have, can, or WILL achieve in life so that's irrelevant. Thirdly, I don't need anyone to come in here and "defend" me...Since when does having someone back me up mean anything? LEADY said the same damn thing I'm saying. What's ya point? I'm done with it...Now, why don't u drop it?
Old 11-30-05, 07:40 AM   #9
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Nah, despite the racial connotations of the word, serena does actually look like an ape.

Her head more or less IS a primates head in appearance. Some people just look like animals. Theres not a lot you can do.
Old 11-30-05, 07:40 AM   #10
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
First of all, I only started callin Him an Idiot when he called me a MORON when I OBVIOUSLY know more about the history of what we're talking about. 2nd of all, You don't know what I have, can, or WILL achieve in life so that's irrelevant. Thirdly, I don't need anyone to come in here and "defend" me...Since when does having someone back me up mean anything? LEADY said the same damn thing I'm saying. What's ya point? I'm done with it...Now, why don't u drop it?

Well, it was dropped before you picked it back up again. So basically, it's all your fault. Uh oh, was that racist cause it was a mean comment to you? Check yourself man, sit down, take a breath, take it easy.
Old 11-30-05, 07:41 AM   #11
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
Nah, despite the racial connotations of the word, serena does actually look like an ape.

Her head more or less IS a primates head in appearance. Some people just look like animals. Theres not a lot you can do.

Thank God.

Somebody else agrees with me.
Old 11-30-05, 07:42 AM   #12
Dex
Gods Of War! -yeah im one

Text Record: 20-13
IP: BD47 2B52

You are just like any fuckin girl i ever went out with.

Every post i have made has been closed-ended. yet you finish yours with questions. So i ask you: who is not dropping it.?

Stop trying to turn things around because no one has to look stupid in all this, as much as you want someone to. I got involved because i think you are blowing this all out of proportion and if you were half the man i think you are, you will see that aswel. I no red bull does not feel like he has offended because he stated an opinion. He doesnt give a fuck about some peoples issues. -Lets remember not all blacks are gonna av an issue with this, just some.

If she looked like a cat and he said that it wouldnt be racist. It just so happens, she has ape-like features and red bull isnt scared to say that cos hes not racist and didnt expect it to be taken the wrong way.

I would say the same thing after seeing her, but again, my opinion. it was just unfortunate that the thing she most resembles happens to offend you. Please stop calling people idiots and trying to turn things around, no one like to argue but red bull aint gonna say sorry for voicing an opinion.

If out of the whole sit only two people complain then it cant be that bad

Send a message via AIM to Dex Send a message via MSN to Dex   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 08:03 AM   #13
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
You are just like any fuckin girl i ever went out with.

Every post i have made has been closed-ended. yet you finish yours with questions. So i ask you: who is not dropping it.?

Stop trying to turn things around because no one has to look stupid in all this, as much as you want someone to. I got involved because i think you are blowing this all out of proportion and if you were half the man i think you are, you will see that aswel. I no red bull does not feel like he has offended because he stated an opinion. He doesnt give a fuck about some peoples issues. -Lets remember not all blacks are gonna av an issue with this, just some.

If she looked like a cat and he said that it wouldnt be racist. It just so happens, she has ape-like features and red bull isnt scared to say that cos hes not racist and didnt expect it to be taken the wrong way.

I would say the same thing after seeing her, but again, my opinion. it was just unfortunate that the thing she most resembles happens to offend you. Please stop calling people idiots and trying to turn things around, no one like to argue but red bull aint gonna say sorry for voicing an opinion.

But CAT doesn't have a HISTORICAL root in being racist towards blacks like the terms MONKEY and APE...that's the difference.

And ONEMAN...like I said, just because something is convenient doesn't make it right...nah it doesn't

I FIND it offensive when a white person says a black person looks like an APE or a monkey...and so does many blacks who KNOW the history of that shit...

Remember the Minstrel shows?..BLACK FACE? c'mon...dat shit is soooooooooooooo racial

anyway...I'm done...I spoke up..>Leady spoke up...U know that SOME PEOPLE will find it offensive...daz all I can do.
Old 11-30-05, 08:06 AM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex

dawg...because 2 people spoke up it can't be that bad?

lol...that's fuckin ridiculous...if only 1 person spoke up, that should be cause for at least a consideration...

How many times in HISTORY has only 1 person stood up and spoken out against something...DAWG...it's easy to take the easy route...

Just because something is POPULAR doesn't make it right...

So, if only 1/2 a person stood up (yea, dats impossible) and spoke out, then they COULD have a point.

I don't have a problem holding an unpopular view...What's right is right.

There are issues all around the world that most people know NOTHING about. Does that diminish the issue? NO.
Old 11-30-05, 08:10 AM   #15
Adam

LMAFO at how big you're making this..

You're acting like it's the end of the world. Fuck, I wonder what Tha Q. would do if I posted on RV saying I bought a white dog because I thought the black dog didn't look as cool. Good thing I have a golden retriever, they only come in one colour.