RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-07, 03:35 AM   #1
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

I was invited

IP: BB78 D6B4

To Preach a sermon in Iraq. I kind of want to go. Enygma have you been there? What was it like?(if you went)

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 06-12-07, 03:46 AM   #2
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Why were you invited? Are you a priest? Do you regularly preach sermons?
Old 06-12-07, 03:47 AM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

And actually, hang on a second.

Preach a sermon in Iraq? To soldiers fighting a war? What kind of bullshit are you going to feed them? I doubt you will tell them the truth.
Old 06-12-07, 04:43 AM   #4
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

I doubt he would be able to tell anyone .. lol
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 06-12-07, 05:11 AM   #5
Past Tense

Why was I invited? Good question. I did a tv interview a while back with a ministry around my way and the Leader of the ministry is in the Army. He invited me to go and preach a sermon and do some songs there. He talked to me over the phone and said its serious military business . Am I a preacher or a priest? No. They must have seen something in me obviously since they invited me to Iraq. Why Do you get so defensive when ever someone talks about doing things like this? How do you know what I speak is not truth?

Last edited by Past Tense : 06-12-07 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-12-07, 05:23 AM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
Why was I invited? Good question. I did a tv interview a while back with a ministry around my way. Am I a preacher or a priest? No. They must have seen something in me obviously since they invited me to Iraq. Why Do you get so defensive when ever someone talks about doing things like this? How do you know what I speak is not truth?

I don't question whether they really asked you, who would make up something like that? I mean the truth as in the true teachings of the Bible.

Going to Iraq, you would obviously be giving the sermon to the troops. So what are you meant to say to them? It looks kind of odd the church sending support for soldiers at war. Some of those troops are fucked, I've seen videos. They kill people like it's a sport. Are you going to tell them they are sinners and they had better repent and be truly sorry and do their best not to kill anymore? Or are you going to tell them that God is on their side and will give them strength to achieve their goals?

If it's the latter... "Fight for Allah! Kill the infidels!" is basically the same thing, but they probably look down on Islam.

Anyway my point is don't think that by going there and telling them what they want to hear you are doing anybody a good service... God, them, yourself, anybody.
Old 06-12-07, 05:27 AM   #7
Past Tense

God created war for a reason. The bible is clearly not against war. I think before you become blatantly so against something you should at least study it instead of just scratching the surface. There is such thing as murdering righteously. Do you not recall when Moses cousin was denying the truth and denying moses having any sort of power. He had the earth gobble up his cousin. Is there a purpose for the war in Iraq? I don't know I don't pay attention. I try to keep to myself. Is this a great opportunity? yes. Being a Christian or a "pastor" isn't all about telling everyone they're doing wrong. It's about showing love and treating everyone the same. That's one of the reasons I stopped going to church. Everyone expected me to be perfect. Not me, I'm never going to be perfect and I had to find a ministry and a group of people who understood that. I've found that. I make mistakes and stumble all the time. That's normal. This life wasn't meant to try to be perfect. It is meant to truly become blessed. That's really all I have to say about it. I can't beat around the bush.

Last edited by Past Tense : 06-12-07 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-12-07, 06:30 AM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
God created war for a reason. The bible is clearly not against war. I think before you become blatantly so against something you should at least study it instead of just scratching the surface. There is such thing as murdering righteously. Do you not recall when Moses cousin was denying the truth and denying moses having any sort of power. He had the earth gobble up his cousin. Is there a purpose for the war in Iraq? I don't know I don't pay attention. I try to keep to myself. Is this a great opportunity? yes. Being a Christian or a "pastor" isn't all about telling everyone they're doing wrong. It's about showing love and treating everyone the same. That's one of the reasons I stopped going to church. Everyone expected me to be perfect. Not me, I'm never going to be perfect and I had to find a ministry and a group of people who understood that. I've found that. I make mistakes and stumble all the time. That's normal. This life wasn't meant to try to be perfect. It is meant to truly become blessed. That's really all I have to say about it. I can't beat around the bush.

God didn't create war. That's ridiculous. "On the 347293847th day, God created a game where everything he has ever stood for goes out the window and murder is allowed, but ONLY for selfish reasons that will affect more than one person. It was good." Bullshit lmao.

The bible is clearly not against war? Of course a portion of it isn't against war. I am blatantly against war, yes. Before you become completely confused about something you apparently believe in, you should do some study as well. The bible isn't one book, it is the combination of many books. The most pure teachings of the bible are extracted from the times when Jesus' actions or direct speech are recorded. The old testament is old. So is a lot of other stuff. Allow me to elaborate.

The person who wrote that story about Moses was talking about something different to what Jesus was talking about. Do you really think that event happened? If so, why aren't loyal Christians going around getting God to engulf people who question their beliefs into the earth? Zues was a God that could throw bolts of lightning. I see bolts of lightning sometimes, that story at least has some merit. What I don't see is people getting engulfed by the earth. Zues is obviously a false God. The guy who wrote about Moses is obviously a bit of an exaggerator.

There is a purpose for the war in Iraq. It is greedy businessmen looking for money, sinister leaders looking for power, and vengeful idiots looking for revenge. Awesome war! Yeah! Christians should definitely support that.

I know Christianity isn't about telling everyone they're doing wrong. I know it's about love of the most pure kind, demonstrated by Jesus who loved everyone and was an all around dope dude. He taught that sins should be forgiven, that you should be passive instead of aggressive because things in this world don't matter, he taught that riches and material wealth are meaningless and that tranquility and gentleness should be shown towards everybody no matter who they are. Whether your enemies, diseased outcasts, fools, poor people, people with power, everyone is equal and should be loved and forgiven indefinitely.

I know that. That's what Jesus' teachings are. Jesus, your God, the MAIN guy in your religion teaches those things. So the guys at the other end of the war aren't included in that? They don't matter and you can murder them righteously? Kill people because of a war started by a selfish man that wants land, oil, money, power or whatever it is that gives him his gay little control trip? A bunch of meatheads with guns shooting down the "enemy" are killing righteously because they are fighting for the purposes mentioned above? Those selfish, dirty, disgusting reasons for war? You consider those legitimate?

I hate to be so harsh, but I'm trying to help you see something which will in the long run be better for you. You, my friend, are a complete dumbass of epic proportions. "LOL moses made the earth swallow a guy who challenged his fat ego, so murder is OK! It doesnt matter if its in the ten commandments, or if the rest of the teachings of the bible say that murder is not OK and forgiveness and love are the way to go! LOL war is cool! It MUST be for good motives, I mean, mass murder, hatred, suffering and everything else that comes with war MUST be fine by God! I don't need to question or even know the motives of the war, ill just keep to myself and have an idiotic opinion based on nothing that I believe wholeheartedly! Yeah! Christianity is about love! THats a fun thing to say that makes me look cool and nice! LOL murder murder, war is good, support the war blindly ! I love being part of a community that has an equally as fucked up and twisted idea of religion and morals as I do! Im not perfect anyway so it doesnt matter! jajaja! Kill the infidels! Preach to the murderers because the idiot leader of a christian group thinks that is what christianity is about! Surely he must know better than me, he wears different clothes, I will definitely allow myself to follow his idiocy like a sheep! LOL!"

Dude, get a clue... You fail. -_-
Old 06-12-07, 02:00 PM   #9
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 7AB4 0950

Past Tense....I haven't been there yet, but I'm going in December. On what to expect when you get there, it all depends on when you are going. In the summer it's hot as fuck in some places and in the winter it is cold as fuck in some places. I'm going to Talil, which is in South Iraq.....so that means hot ass summers

Lemme know when and where you're going man
Old 06-12-07, 04:37 PM   #10
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
God didn't create war. That's ridiculous. "On the 347293847th day, God created a game where everything he has ever stood for goes out the window and murder is allowed, but ONLY for selfish reasons that will affect more than one person. It was good." Bullshit lmao.

Lmfaorofl Seriously thats what I was thinking. God not against war? are u serious
Old 06-12-07, 05:40 PM   #11
Past Tense

http://biblia.com/jesusbible/joshua3d.htm

There's some bible wars. Tell me that those were against God's will.

And yeah Nygma I think it'll be sometime in July or August.

Old 06-12-07, 07:28 PM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Who cares? I certainly don't give a shit that wars have been recorded in a bunch of old books, and apparently been called God's will.

Did you even read that page? It says exactly what I am saying to you. The first thing it says below all of those links is:

Just a few of the dozens of wars in the OT, as lessons for good Christians, the soldiers of Christ... from them, Jesus changed the whole strategy of War for the Christians: No War at all in the Gospels!... the answer of a Christian to any war at home or in the street or between nations or against terrorism is "to put the other cheek" of Mat.5:39... Christianity and War

And just trust in Jesus!... it is His war... He will deliver... “vengeance is mine,”, says the Lord (Rom.12:19)... yu just do your best, without violence, and Jesus will do the rest... it is the formula that never fails.

The Christian should act the way Jesus told Peter: Put your sword back in its place", because Jesus will bring the sword, Jesus will take care of you (Mat.26:52).

What the Christian has to do?:
Just trust in Jesus, and do the little things a Christian should do, like the servants in the Cana wedding of Jn.2: To put the "water" when what is needed is "wine"... to love the enemy, to pray for him, to serve, to help him to go to Heaven... just "water"... and Jesus will do the miracle, the "water" of defeat will be converted into the "wine" of victory...and the best victory!.
Do your bests and then trust in God, it is the formula that never fails.
Old 06-12-07, 07:52 PM   #13
Past Tense

You just contradicted yourself pretty big there. You said "why would I trust what a bunch of old books say" yet you say you thought the same thing as them. uhhh.....

Old 06-12-07, 11:56 PM   #14
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 0825 899A

Shut the fuck up Past Tense. Terumoto destroyed you, so shut your mouth. You're a blind follower being spoonfed by society and you think you have a point. You pick out the stupidest, littlest fucking things in a post and address only those, completely ignoring the undeniable facts because if you were to acknowledge them you would show everyone beyond any shadow of a doubt you know you are wrong.

Pray that an angel comes and kills one hundred and eighty thousand Muslims in one night. Deliver a Eucharist and blast those toiletpaper-heads to death! Pray for David to hit Osama in the head with a sling. No wonder you were on television, you have the same delusional, closed-eared mindset that will someday make you a TV evangelist.

Go on. Deliver a fucking Eucharist. Because I'm sure America has God on its side, because, well, everyone knows Jesus loves America and the money-hungry war leaders who get it off to displays of their own power. Or do you think that George Bush is your angel? Or is he the reincarnation of Esther?

And now you plan on delivering your twisted opinions to soldiers in Iraq who, desperate for some way to save themselves, will latch on to your FUCKED philosophies. Maybe you should do some soul searching and questioning about how ridiculous your fucking opinions are before you go around molding vulnerable minds. Sounds to me like you're doing the same Osama did to Muhammed's word.

Realize this, dumbshit: God was on the side of those wars because those were his followers in the Old Testament. Allah is almost the exact same thing as the Old Testament God, though perhaps more forgiving. The New Testament God promotes peace. To you, Jesus' sacrifice is superficial; you think your understanding of it is deep because you have this big realization he sacrificed himself to cleanse your sins, and you ignore the MESSAGE behind it, and not just one of the major reasons for it. Why would God be on America's side?

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 06-12-07 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-13-07, 01:11 AM   #15
Past Tense

lol sounds like you guys just went off on yourself. I didn't say anything about liking this war or the president. I am not into politics.