RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-06, 03:09 PM   #1
Young_law
This Is My City

Audio Record: 0-0
The Official "Black History Month Thread"

IP: 7A52 73B1

Yep, state things about out black history, please yall no beef

Old 02-08-06, 03:10 PM   #2
Young_law
This Is My City

random black history fact : did you know The Famous Bus Boycott of the 1955 era began in Montgomery, Alabama?
Old 02-08-06, 03:12 PM   #3
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

the famous Greensboro sit-ins were held in Greensboro, North Carolina... my hometown

and they actually removed the entire booth from the restaurant and its in the Smithsonian in DC.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 02-08-06, 03:19 PM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

I have a serious issue with black history month. I feel that slapping together a list of "facts" celebrating black achievement shouldn't be relegated to only one month. And, it's the same bull --ish every month. George Washington Carver did alot with the peanut... Lewis Latimar helped design the filament for light bulbs. Hiram Revels was the 1st black senator...Seriously, how many times can you learn these same facts over and over. Black history should be an integral part of American History, not shoved into the shortest month of the year. I say boycott black history month until they give us true recognition and respect.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 03:22 PM   #5
Young_law
This Is My City

actually not the same for me, i try to learn different things every year, \\
Old 02-08-06, 03:25 PM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Law
actually not the same for me, i try to learn different things every year, \\

There's only so much you can learn without it being integrated into American History bro. For the most part, black history month tends to be a celebration of "facts" you can look up year 'round. Evidence? Look at the first "fact" you typed. I mean, does someone need to wait until February to appreciate that? What needs to happen is Black history become as integrated into the History books as the Boston Tea Party and other major events in history. If it were left up to some people, black people wouldn't show up in American History until 1960, you know, the year we all starting "whining" about equal rights.

pssf
Old 02-08-06, 03:29 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Fuck black history month. All it does is make being black look like a handicap. THey got black everything. NAACP, Black movie awards, black entertainment telivision, and black history month. And this is different from black fountains and bathrooms... how?
Old 02-08-06, 03:31 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Fuck black history month. All it does is make being black look like a handicap. THey got black everything. NAACP, Black movie awards, black entertainment telivision, and black history month. And this is different from black fountains and bathrooms... how?

Actually, organizations set up to protect the Civil Rights of minorities such as blacks are necessary. But, I understand where you're going with the "Black Awards" shows, etc. When I attended a 97% white college, there were organizations set up for the few blacks on campus as a safe haven where we could come and share common experiences. Those are necessary. I just don't think the idea of "Black History Month" should carry over into the 21st century.

Old 02-08-06, 03:35 PM   #9
Young_law
This Is My City

i bet you guys didnt know we lose i right to vote next year unless george bush renews it
Old 02-08-06, 03:50 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
i bet you guys didnt know we lose i right to vote next year unless george bush renews it

I bet if you believe there's even a REMOTE chance of blacks losing their right to vote, you should spend more time in those books.
Old 02-08-06, 03:59 PM   #11
Young_law
This Is My City

dawg there is, son YOU need to read up on YOUR books
Old 02-08-06, 04:00 PM   #12
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

that would be crazy

if thats possible, dont put it past Bush... lol, think about it... 90% of blacks vote Democrat.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 02-08-06, 04:04 PM   #13
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
dawg there is, son YOU need to read up on YOUR books

You must not get where I'm going. Techinically, there are all sorts of laws on the books. But, they are NEVER enforced and WOULD NEVER hold up in modern courts. You know, there are such laws as: "It is unlawful for a man to wear a hat and walk down the left side of the street." --ish like that...

neway...I don't doubt what you're saying. I'm just telling you that there is ZERO chance of blacks losing their right to vote ANYTIME soon.
Old 02-08-06, 04:06 PM   #14
Young_law
This Is My City

those laws arent in tha consitution, this is about our amemndment being invalid, but i c where u cumin frum
Old 02-08-06, 04:07 PM   #15
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 7BE2 A0A1

the patriot act answers all these problems..