RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-06, 04:57 AM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Why does the bible condone cannibalism?

IP: FC30 7384

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 05:02 AM   #2
L.E
L.E

IP: 4F84 8C0F

Hmm...

Where does it say that..?
Old 03-13-06, 05:15 AM   #3
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 586B 2294

You watch.. Christians will have some pre-concieved answer for this to try and shove it off and act like its justafied...
They always do...

Its like when you ask them why does the bible say that if you own a servant that steals from you, you have the right to stab them in the head...

They say because its in the old testement its not up to date with currant ideas and belief's.. Makes you wonder what else in the bible can be listed as being antiquated........

Quote the passage though (out of interest).
Old 03-13-06, 05:16 AM   #4
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennui
Hmm...

Where does it say that..?

Cannibalism is strewn all throught the bible.
Quote:
John 6:54-57 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Quote:
2 Kings 6:28-29,

28And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.

29So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

Quote:
Ezekiel 39:17
17And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.,

Not to mention Jesus saying "this is my flesh..eat it and so on..this is my blood..drink it and so on". God is telling people to eat flesh and drink blood. Why?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 07:26 AM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

NOS...I'm not being rude when I say you're ignorant. But, you are. You have little to NO understand of scripture or the context in which it was written. The bible is a complex synthesis which some scholars dedicate their whole lives to studying. Therefore, your arrogant dismissal of it falls under the category of "ignorance is bliss." Learn before you open your mouth.

neway...Apexx

The "First" testament (or old testament) can be broken down into 2 laws: God's CEREMONIAL law and God's MORAL laws. What Nos was ATTEMPTING to hint at (but failed miserably) was that certain portions of the bible seem to be upheld while others don't. This is absolutely the case and expected of believers.

#1...The "Ceremonial" laws of the O.T.--e.g., sacrificing animals, Kosher laws for Jews, rites of passage, etc.--were fulfilled by Jesus when he died on the cross. The book of Galations (in the New Testament) says: Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. The Ceremonial laws were in place so that people could be in right standing with God. However, God knew that those rules would be darn near impossible to follow 100%, 100% of the time. When Jesus came, he not only came to save the souls of those who believe on him, but to finally break the bondage of having to be a slave to all the Ceremonial laws in the O.T. If you read the book of Leviticus in the O.T., it will BLOW your mind. There are rules and regulations for darn near everything. It was ridiculous. Jesus fulfilled this law. We are no longer bound by God's ceremonial law because Jesus is now our High Priest. That's the reason Christians can eat pork without it being a sin. It's the reason Christians can eat a CHEESEBURGER (meat and diary combined) without it being a sin. Those were part of the ceremonial law Christ fulfilled.

#2...God's MORAL laws still stand--i.e., ten commandments and other restrictions that bind God's expectations for governing our lives. Therefore, fornication, murder, drunkeness, lying, pride, and a host of other "sins" are still viewed upon as an ABOMINATION to God. These we are still obliged to follow. How do I know? Jesus said in the N.T. that "All of the commandments are fulfilled by this one thing, to love your neighbor as yourself." Then, Jesus also took it a step further when he said, "Even THINKING about fornication is a sin [let alone doing the deed]." If Jesus doesn't let us off the hook there, why assume that the rest of the moral laws can be broken? I'll tell you. They aren't meant to be!!!!!!!!!!

Now...On to you question of "cannibalism" in the bible. When man was separated from God through the original sin, it required a medium to bring us back to Him through atonement. That means, in order for there to be atonement for sin, blood had to be shed. In the O.T., this came in the form of animal sacrifice. But, man was still eternally separated from God because animal blood could not reconcile us back to God completely. That's why he sent his son Jesus, to be a human sacrifice for us. Because of sin, man was rightfully DAMNED to eternal suffering in hell. Jesus literally took everysin of everyman upon him and nailed it to the cross. He died in our place. The punishment that we were supposed to receive for sin, HE received for us. The death that we were entitled to, he took it upon himself when he yielded his spirit at Calvary. Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice for us. Only his blood could offer an eternal atonement for mankind's sin. God loves his son that much. Jesus is in a special position at the right hand of God. And, believe it or not, Jesus IS GOD. All power belongs to him. When Christ instituted the sacrament of the holy Communion, he meant for it to be a reminder of the sacrifice he made for us some 2000 years ago. The wine (or grape juice) represents the undefiled blood that was shed for us. The waffers (or crackers) represent his body that was whipped and tortured so that we can have eternal life and healing here on earth. He said, "This, do in rememberance of me." When you partake of holy Communion, you are attesting and making a public display that you have accepted Jesus as your lord and savior and that you believe he is risen as Lord of all. It's not really the body of our Lord, but merely a symbol of the great sacrifice made for you and me. However, any man who eats and drinks of the body and blood of Jesus unworthily, will eat and drink DAMNATION to himself. That's written in scripture.
One last tidbit: Certain times and customs have changed over the thousands of years. There are examples of polygamy in the bible as well. God doesn't seem to mind King David or King Solomon having more than 1 wife. Joseph, earthly stepfather of Jesus, married MAry when she was around 13-14 years old. This may seem strange to us now, but that was the custom back then. There are other examples of incredible incidents of human behavior that God either sanctioned or permitted. There's one example of a warrior in the bible who fought Israel's enemy at the time and won. He promised to GOd, "Lord, if you let me win this battle, when I return home, I'll sacrifice the first thing that greets me." He was referring to his animals. But, when he returned home, the first thing that greeted him was his DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He cried in bewilderment. But, the bible says he sacrificed his daughter as he had promised God.

The bible has some amazing stories in it man...It not only provides a road map to salvation, but it's fairly entertaining in some parts as well.

If you want absolute specifics, I can give them to you Apexx. I kinda keyed this response.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 03-13-06 at 07:35 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 07:41 AM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

OH...one more thing Apexx..."Cannibalism" is ultimately one of the highest forms of flattery or displays of love/passion. When two people are engaged in intimate contact, they'll often deliver love "bites". Bite as in EAT, aka CANNIBALISM. When someone sees an adorable baby, they say, "I can just GOBBLE you up." Gobble means EAT = Cannibalism.
Old 03-13-06, 07:52 AM   #7
Young_law
This Is My City

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 1D55 F055

i dont know about the baby and stuff, but i know when jesus was talking, he wasnt talking literally, he was talking like symbolistic
Old 03-13-06, 08:06 AM   #8
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 586B 2294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
NOS...I'm not being rude when I say you're ignorant. But, you are. You have little to NO understand of scripture or the context in which it was written. The bible is a complex synthesis which some scholars dedicate their whole lives to studying. Therefore, your arrogant dismissal of it falls under the category of "ignorance is bliss." Learn before you open your mouth.

Lmao...wtf are you talking about? fool..

I dont dismiss the bible..

I am against set religion and people who think they have to rely on stupid little traditions and rituals to have a relationship with god... People who act like their going to heaven because they do everything the preachers at their church tell them to do.. People that dont think for themselves and just believe everything they read...

The bible is a historical document.. Just like the Quran and most other religious texts that were written in those times.

What your saying is bullcrap... Your judging my opinions as ignorance because you dont understand what the fuck I'm saying in the first place...

Peace out loser...
Old 03-13-06, 08:31 AM   #9
.Judicial.
My Dick Stay Wet

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Send a message via AIM to .Judicial.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 08:32 AM   #10
.Judicial.
My Dick Stay Wet

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Not to mention Jesus saying "this is my flesh..eat it and so on..this is my blood..drink it and so on". God is telling people to eat flesh and drink blood. Why?

that was probably the biggest/dumbest misconception i've seen from you, usually you have good points and actually know what your talkin about...

but yo he didn't really rip off a piece of his arm and give it to em and drain some blood out for them to drink....It was symbolism, he gave them bread and wine, and said eat this bread in rememberance of my body, and drink this wine in rememberance of the blood i shed for thee...

symbolism= he was saying when you eat just be thankful that he sacrificed his physical body for us
and when you drink be thankful for all the blood the shed from his body as he was dieing for us.
Send a message via AIM to .Judicial.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 09:08 AM   #11
Tha Q.
OYD

^^^^Just as I stated

yep
Old 03-13-06, 01:45 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.

neway...Apexx

The "First" testament (or old testament) can be broken down into 2 laws: God's CEREMONIAL law and God's MORAL laws. What Nos was ATTEMPTING to hint at (but failed miserably) was that certain portions of the bible seem to be upheld while others don't. This is absolutely the case and expected of believers.

#1...The "Ceremonial" laws of the O.T.--e.g., sacrificing animals, Kosher laws for Jews, rites of passage, etc.--were fulfilled by Jesus when he died on the cross. The book of Galations (in the New Testament) says: Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. The Ceremonial laws were in place so that people could be in right standing with God. However, God knew that those rules would be darn near impossible to follow 100%, 100% of the time. When Jesus came, he not only came to save the souls of those who believe on him, but to finally break the bondage of having to be a slave to all the Ceremonial laws in the O.T. If you read the book of Leviticus in the O.T., it will BLOW your mind. There are rules and regulations for darn near everything. It was ridiculous. Jesus fulfilled this law. We are no longer bound by God's ceremonial law because Jesus is now our High Priest. That's the reason Christians can eat pork without it being a sin. It's the reason Christians can eat a CHEESEBURGER (meat and diary combined) without it being a sin. Those were part of the ceremonial law Christ fulfilled.

#2...God's MORAL laws still stand--i.e., ten commandments and other restrictions that bind God's expectations for governing our lives. Therefore, fornication, murder, drunkeness, lying, pride, and a host of other "sins" are still viewed upon as an ABOMINATION to God. These we are still obliged to follow. How do I know? Jesus said in the N.T. that "All of the commandments are fulfilled by this one thing, to love your neighbor as yourself." Then, Jesus also took it a step further when he said, "Even THINKING about fornication is a sin [let alone doing the deed]." If Jesus doesn't let us off the hook there, why assume that the rest of the moral laws can be broken? I'll tell you. They aren't meant to be!!!!!!!!!!

Now...On to you question of "cannibalism" in the bible. When man was separated from God through the original sin, it required a medium to bring us back to Him through atonement. That means, in order for there to be atonement for sin, blood had to be shed. In the O.T., this came in the form of animal sacrifice. But, man was still eternally separated from God because animal blood could not reconcile us back to God completely. That's why he sent his son Jesus, to be a human sacrifice for us. Because of sin, man was rightfully DAMNED to eternal suffering in hell. Jesus literally took everysin of everyman upon him and nailed it to the cross. He died in our place. The punishment that we were supposed to receive for sin, HE received for us. The death that we were entitled to, he took it upon himself when he yielded his spirit at Calvary. Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice for us. Only his blood could offer an eternal atonement for mankind's sin. God loves his son that much. Jesus is in a special position at the right hand of God. And, believe it or not, Jesus IS GOD. All power belongs to him. When Christ instituted the sacrament of the holy Communion, he meant for it to be a reminder of the sacrifice he made for us some 2000 years ago. The wine (or grape juice) represents the undefiled blood that was shed for us. The waffers (or crackers) represent his body that was whipped and tortured so that we can have eternal life and healing here on earth. He said, "This, do in rememberance of me." When you partake of holy Communion, you are attesting and making a public display that you have accepted Jesus as your lord and savior and that you believe he is risen as Lord of all. It's not really the body of our Lord, but merely a symbol of the great sacrifice made for you and me. However, any man who eats and drinks of the body and blood of Jesus unworthily, will eat and drink DAMNATION to himself. That's written in scripture.
One last tidbit: Certain times and customs have changed over the thousands of years. There are examples of polygamy in the bible as well. God doesn't seem to mind King David or King Solomon having more than 1 wife. Joseph, earthly stepfather of Jesus, married MAry when she was around 13-14 years old. This may seem strange to us now, but that was the custom back then. There are other examples of incredible incidents of human behavior that God either sanctioned or permitted. There's one example of a warrior in the bible who fought Israel's enemy at the time and won. He promised to GOd, "Lord, if you let me win this battle, when I return home, I'll sacrifice the first thing that greets me." He was referring to his animals. But, when he returned home, the first thing that greeted him was his DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He cried in bewilderment. But, the bible says he sacrificed his daughter as he had promised God.

The bible has some amazing stories in it man...It not only provides a road map to salvation, but it's fairly entertaining in some parts as well.

If you want absolute specifics, I can give them to you Apexx. I kinda keyed this response.

What you're talking about is "bread and wine". not "flesh and blood". It dosen't say "eat this bread, and drink this wine" it states "eat my flesh and drink my blood".

Additionally, lets not forget the king distinctly saying "lets boil my son and eat him today, and we'll boil your son and eat him tomorrow". Then he and the woman boiled and ate his son! The next day, when it was the womans turn the woman hid hers. There's nothing metaphorical about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judicial
that was probably the biggest/dumbest misconception i've seen from you, usually you have good points and actually know what your talkin about...

but yo he didn't really rip off a piece of his arm and give it to em and drain some blood out for them to drink....It was symbolism, he gave them bread and wine, and said eat this bread in rememberance of my body, and drink this wine in rememberance of the blood i shed for thee...

symbolism= he was saying when you eat just be thankful that he sacrificed his physical body for us
and when you drink be thankful for all the blood the shed from his body as he was dieing for us.

REALLY?? Oh man..here I was all this time thinking that Jesus (which wasn't even his real name) slowly peeled the skin off his arm and dug his fingers into his muscle, clenched, and pulled as hard as he could till tendons were severed and had meat in his hand that he passed around for others to eat. Oh wait - that's exactly what he was saying they should do. I obviously know that's not what happened. Unlike most of the "christians" or "catholics" you know, I've actually read the entire bible.

I cited 4 instances, you only pick one. That's all well and good, but still has nothing to do with this:

Quote:
2 Kings 6:28-29,

28And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.

29So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

^^why is everyone avoiding adressing this? Dude said it's okay to boil my son and eat him, and then did so. That's normal conduct to you?

Besides, telling someone AT ALL to "eat my flesh and drink my blood, because my flesh is meat just like any other, and my blood is drink, just like any other" is morbid no matter how you look at it.

Quote:
OH...one more thing Apexx..."Cannibalism" is ultimately one of the highest forms of flattery or displays of love/passion. When two people are engaged in intimate contact, they'll often deliver love "bites". Bite as in EAT, aka CANNIBALISM. When someone sees an adorable baby, they say, "I can just GOBBLE you up." Gobble means EAT = Cannibalism.

That's not commiting to and performing cannibalism, those are STATEMENTS ABOUT cannibalism. In the few cultures that do and did practice it, in which one of them is cannibalism considered a compliment? Certianly not the Huns. They did it to profess victory over others and to instill fear. The Azteks practiced cannibalism as well with the prisoners of war. Other cultures have practices cannibalism during time of famine when they were also drinking mud for it's water content. this of course had nothing to do with paying compliments to anything but their own survival. Those instances you named are people saying things you interpret to be cannibalistic - they're not DOING anything cannibalistic. Those who DO practice cannibalism don't see it as a compliment to anyone. Just ask Charles Manson. Shit man, even the which in the Hansel and Gretel story wanted to cook and eat them and everyone said that was weird, yet the Bible says the same thing and it's okay?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-13-06, 01:47 PM   #13
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 14F6 545E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx

Why not?
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 03-13-06, 01:48 PM   #14
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 3A5D BB2E

I'm not sure, yo

But what Ive never understood is...God created the world and...Man? (supposedly)

Yet people ''sacrificed'' on his behalf.....which is clearly murder, and murder is one of the 10 commandments...

so where do they get off doin that?..

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 02:04 PM   #15
Tha Q.
OYD

God is sovereign. The bible also tells us to refrain from anger. But, the bible clearly says "God gets angry." The bible warns us about letting our emotions get the best of us. But, the bible clearly says, "God is a jealous God." God clearly instructed Moses to tell the people that murder was wrong--i.e., in the 10 commandments. But, God frequently ordered people to execute others in times of war or as an act of his vengeance. The point is, if you believe in God, then you believe he is a King. And, even with Earthly kings, certain mandates go forth that people don't understand or aren't allowed to do themselves. The reason is God made everything for his pleasure. That's what the bible says. The bible also says God even made evil so that he could punish it. EVERYTHING that's in existence is for God's pleasure. That means he can do what he wants. The difference is, he isn't ruled by his emotions and is more fair than we could ever be. Think about it. We have to deal with 1, 2, maybe 3 people acting like an ass to us everyday. God deals with 6 BILLION different people and their problems, attitudes, hatred, and ignorances all day, EVERYDAY. With all that, the bible still says "God is kind and slow to get angry." Trust me, that statement is true. If God gave mankind what he deserved, we'd all be dead.

So, why does God allow questionable things to happen? He does it because it's in his will--whether perfect or permissible.

P.S. Holy Communion represents a symbolic act. We aren't actually eating the body of Christ. When Jesus served the last supper to his disciples, he took the bread and said, "Take, EAT, this is my BODY which is broken for you." That = symbolism If Jesus intended for us to eat flesh, he would have served it then. Also, just because the bible accounts someone doing something, doesn't mean God liked it. In fact, if you keep reading in alot of instances, you'll see where God voices his displeasure with the act/acts. God himself NEVER commanded people to eat flesh as a ceremonial or moral obligation to him.