RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-07, 09:05 PM   #1
WaX Da DreaM
New to RV

CNN Special: "Hip Hop - Art or Poison?"

IP: B0F0 29FF

Motherfucker, I just caught the last like 10mins of it, but it seemed like another fucking illeducated and ignorant bash on Hip Hop culture. From what I saw, they didn't highlight any of the positive aspects of it and totally looked over all the hip-hop that's not 50-Cent.

We need to bring this culture to urban doorsteps everywhere...

Anyone see this special? Any thoughts?

Quote:
The blood of a scholar, is worth a thousand times more, than the blood, of a martyr.

..-Hip Hop Forever-..
Send a message via AIM to WaX Da DreaM Send a message via MSN to WaX Da DreaM   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 09:55 PM   #2
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 04DB 79A0

It's poison, horrible horrible poison. Watch MTV/BET for an hour and disagree.

"But underground hip hop ain't be no poison yo"
Underground isn't what's poisoning America.
Old 02-21-07, 10:46 PM   #3
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: A644 4EFD

you cant blame the artists...you'd have to blame the fans

because the artists make music people will buy

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 02-21-07, 11:18 PM   #4
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

People buy the poison the artists make. There, now you can blame both the artists and the fans!
Old 02-21-07, 11:21 PM   #5
GKillaz05
Killin' G'z

Text Record: 70-25
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F300 9A2D

I think this is just uterly retarded, how in the hell can hip hop be poison, cuz some rappers talkin about drugs and so on, well so does people in heavy metal, so they must be posion then too. It seriously aint hip hop though, movies are worse, video games are worse.
B.E.S.T

Crew
TAKE MY ADVICE FROM PEOPLE FROM CANADA nd FUCK YA LYFE
Send a message via MSN to GKillaz05 Send a message via Yahoo to GKillaz05   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 11:27 PM   #6
Past Tense

trust me...they hate metal worse then hip hop

but hip hop today is posion...and if u want to see a change..dont just talk about it...GO AND MAKE A CHANGE......MLKJ didn't make a change sitting behind a computer whining

Old 02-21-07, 11:36 PM   #7
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

The fact is, hip hop is considered poison because it's now trying to appeal to a demographic that originally didn't accept it (white people). Heavy metal, however, still has the same image it had when it first started.
Old 02-21-07, 11:44 PM   #8
GKillaz05
Killin' G'z

Text Record: 70-25
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F300 9A2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Knowledge
The fact is, hip hop is considered poison because it's now trying to appeal to a demographic that originally didn't accept it (white people). Heavy metal, however, still has the same image it had when it first started.

I do not think that is what they meant by sayin' that at all, do your really think they are callin' it posion becuz white people listen to it now?...
B.E.S.T

Crew
TAKE MY ADVICE FROM PEOPLE FROM CANADA nd FUCK YA LYFE
Send a message via MSN to GKillaz05 Send a message via Yahoo to GKillaz05   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 11:48 PM   #9
Past Tense

They hate it because it promotes Drugs,Violence,and Sex.....its true..and beleive it or not.....SO DO YOUR FAVORITE UNDERGROUND ARTIST.....there just ACCEPTED because there not famous but if they were famous people wouldn't like them....thats whats starting to happen to atmosphere

Old 02-21-07, 11:48 PM   #10
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKillaz05
I do not think that is what they meant by sayin' that at all, do your really think they are callin' it posion becuz white people listen to it now?...

No, I'm saying they call it poison because when it started, it was about expression of self, showcasing verbal skill, and basically having a good time with music. However, hip hop was also rallied against, bashed by politicians...even the presentation of the first hip hop grammy was not televised. Well shit, it was even considered poison back then.

Fast forward to present day. Hip hop, in the eyes of the majority of america, is about having the most money, being the most illegally notorious, and basically nothing the youth of america should be growing up to be. In other words, poison...still. Circumstances changed, but the label didn't.
Old 02-21-07, 11:49 PM   #11
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
They hate it because it promotes Drugs,Violence,and Sex.....its true..and beleive it or not.....SO DO YOUR FAVORITE UNDERGROUND ARTIST.....there just ACCEPTED because there not famous but if they were famous people wouldn't like them....thats whats starting to happen to atmosphere

Alright, list off who my favorite undergorund artists are.
Old 02-21-07, 11:57 PM   #12
Past Tense

I dont know but i guarentee u listen to artists that defile women,talk about drugs,and promote sex.....

ez

Old 02-22-07, 02:29 AM   #13
B To The D
Nt Your Average

Text Record: 24-5
Audio Record: 3-1
Graphics Record: 4-1
IP: DC9B 19B2

Its still all about bootleggin american music...
Old 02-22-07, 03:32 PM   #14
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

Quote:
I dont know but i guarentee u listen to artists that defile women

Nah, I'm not down with all that. I love women more than LL Cool J.
Quote:
talk about drugs

Talk about 'em? Yeah, I like my Cypress Hill and all that, but come 2003 I had heard enough about sellin' keys already.
Quote:
and promote sex.....

Of course, sex is great. I think Britney Spears, Christina Agalera, Paris Hilton, etc. send a worse sexual message than the hip hop I listen to.
Old 02-23-07, 04:37 PM   #15
WaX Da DreaM
New to RV

IP: B0F0 29FF

Damn, it's about time this had a turn-out...

Some good points raised.

Quote:
but hip hop today is posion...and if u want to see a change..dont just talk about it...GO AND MAKE A CHANGE......MLKJ didn't make a change sitting behind a computer whining

Even though that sounds a little radical to me, that's what we got to do more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Knowledge
Of course, sex is great. I think Britney Spears, Christina Agalera, Paris Hilton, etc. send a worse sexual message than the hip hop I listen to.

One of the best arguements I heard against that.. But I don't think that they're mad about Hip Hop sending an overly "sexual" message; They're mad about Hip Hop objectifying women... Which for the most part, only applies to mainstream shit... Take Mos Def's videos for example, you don't see him rappin with mad bitches shakin their ass around him and shit.. He keeps his shit straight creative, and lyrical.. That's what we need, more ingenuity in the game.. These little high school kids walking around with red bandanas saying "aye", thinking thats shits cool.. Nah, that shit IS NOT cool, that aint hip hop.. It would be one thing if they were actually bloods, but they're using the red flag as a fashion symbol(Not to mention they might run across some REAL dudes, whether b's or c's, and get hurt..)..

Anyway, to get back to the point(sorry im mad blazed), we all need to just step our games UP and remember our musical roots.. Remember what this shit's about..

-Wax-

Quote:
The blood of a scholar, is worth a thousand times more, than the blood, of a martyr.

..-Hip Hop Forever-..
Send a message via AIM to WaX Da DreaM Send a message via MSN to WaX Da DreaM   Reply With Quote