RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-04, 03:21 PM   #1
DJ FADE
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Pro Tools Conversion Help

IP: 7884 D331

hey everybody, im new around here, so go easy on me. i had a quick question about exporting audio in pro tools. my system is optimized for audio production, but im still having trouble. ive been using the "bounce" function, converting to a .wav, stereo interleaved, 16 bit, 44100 hz file. sometimes my computer will make it through the real-time process, but sometimes it won't. is there either another way to convert to a .wav or mp3 file format in the program, or a way that my computer will be able to make it through the process better? maybe my h/w and dae buffer size? i dont know, those should be correct. it's just frustrating having a dope track mixed down and not being able to get it to a good file format. any help is appreciated.
Send a message via AIM to DJ FADE   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-04, 11:59 PM   #2
Soul-Full
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: B4AC 694E

what speed processor you got on your computer, and how much ram are you working with.

.oNe.

Originally Posted by sdizzle
any song i made with lyrics i didn't have a program to play the beat at the same time i recorded, so any song i made i spit acapella and tried to blend it into the best
Old 02-13-04, 04:14 AM   #3
DJ FADE
New to RB

i'm running a 1.2 ghz processor with 512 megs of ram. not the best out there anymore, but i think that should be able to handle it. what do you think?
Old 02-13-04, 08:30 AM   #4
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

IP: 586A 10A1

why are you mixing it down in real time? that may be the problem right there... that takes alot of ram usage...
Old 02-13-04, 09:44 AM   #5
Soul-Full
Light Weight

IP: B4AC 694E

if your using a PC honestly the processor may be a problem. Ive ran pro tools (the free version) with a AMD 2400 9approx p4 2 ghz) with 512 ram, and the program was a bitch.. If you are using a pc the shit needs to be a major workhorse. As in p4 2 ghz or better with 512 ram or better. But like syn said, dont mix down in real time.

.pz.

any song i made with lyrics i didn't have a program to play the beat at the same time i recorded, so any song i made i spit acapella and tried to blend it into the best
Old 02-13-04, 01:56 PM   #6
DJ FADE
New to RB

yeah, the workstation powering the pro tools system has to be pretty powerful and dedicated to solely audio production. as for mixing down in and converting in real time.. thats the only way that the program does it. unless there's some hidden export feature that i dont know about. if there is one, anybody let me know. but as for now, there's only the real time "bounce" feature that plays the song in real time with all the tracks mixed at their levels and with all plugins active and running.
Old 02-14-04, 03:06 PM   #7
Soul-Full
Light Weight

IP: C18E E05C

yeah, i dont think there is an export feature, i wasnt thinkin clearly before. I could be wrong, but if u think about it....if your recording in 44/16 or up to 96/24....and you have around 3 - 4 tracks playing at once at any given time of the track...and u have like 8 direct x plugins trying to process...your going to need ALOT of ram for the size of the wav's and ALOT of processing power for the plug-ins...

best tip...back up important files on your computer to CDR or external hard drive. Reformat your computer....isntall NOTHING but protools....make sure thats the only thing running even in the back ground....

but a new motherboard/cpu may be necessary.

.pz.

Old 02-25-04, 07:33 PM   #8
protules
New to RB

buy a burner

IP: 065F 0CAC

The only way you'll be able to mix down tracks with what you have is external commercial burner or dat. Depending what interface you have, you could go into it analog or spdif. That way you can keep all your tracks with plug-ins but still in the digital world.
Pro Tools is faulty like that. But it's the best thing out there.
Old 05-06-04, 06:05 PM   #9
Krairo
The ILLEST.... & Realist

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: 488E DF14

do I need a speical sound card for Pro tools to work