RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-04, 04:38 PM   #1
DrasticMeasureZ
mess with me get cooked

Text Record: 30-9
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Post Talkin With Young Buck

IP: C1DA C961

G-Unit's Young Buck has the hopes of a whole city riding on his back. If he's going to prove that his hometown of Nashville is more than the capital of country and gospel music and is, in fact, a hip-hop hotbed, his debut album, Straight Outta Cashville, has to pop.

"I feel like we was shielded to a certain extent, until now," Buck (real name: David Brown) explained. "I think when you say Nashville, Tennessee, to anybody, the first thing that comes to mind is country music. And then, when you get there, you realize the hip-hop scene overshadows all that. My whole big problem was, there were times I would tell people I'm from Nashville and they would immediately block their ears off."

A few key people listened, though. The first was Juvenile, who took Buck under his wing a few years ago, and later, Baby from Cash Money. However, things never worked out with the New Orleans-based music family, and obviously Buck has blossomed under the guidance of 50 Cent: Many are saying that Buck might even overshadow his musical family with Straight Outta Cashville's dirty dexterity. While visiting MTV's offices recently, Buck talked about 50's Nostradamus-like business sense, his faith in God, and those rumors about him and Monica.

MTV: There are a bunch of G-Unit dis records out there right now. Joe Budden has one, of course Bang 'Em Smurf and Domination have one, but the song most talked about is Shyne's "For the Record," where he goes at 50 Cent.

Young Buck: Yeah, I just heard that song recently. I think that's kinda crazy, with the dude's situation. I don't really know about a lot of these different beef situations. I don't know the individuals for me to even speak on them. I don't really know [Shyne].
MTV: I noticed that a lot of the records that take shots at the G-Unit don't really mention your name. They'll call out 50, Game, even Lloyd Banks, but not too much of Young Buck.

Buck: I feel like whenever you're saying "G-Unit," you're involving me, period. So it's only right for me to have to come into the situation. 50 and them are my brothers, so it's kind of hard for you to speak on them without speaking on me. I really would rather for you to say my name, 'cause we travel as one. Even if you think you gonna get at 50 or you're gonna get at Banks or you're gonna get at [Tony] Yayo and just be cool with Buck, it's crazy for me. It's like "Hey, homie, that's me too."

MTV: Earlier this year, people were saying that you and Monica were a couple. When you popped up in her "U Should've Known Better" video as her man, that added fuel to fire. What's good with that?

Buck: A lot of people want to know if me and Monica was together or if that's my girl or not. No, I'm not with Monica. I don't have nothing bad to say about Monica. The whole thing is that she reached out to my people to do a video. I was with it. Perfect: I was feeling it, she was feeling the kid back. We hung out a couple times. Next thing, we was considered a couple. You kinda fall back from that situation, for the simple fact that I'm not ready for it. She was cool with it; I'm cool with it. She's winning; I'm winning. Much love to you, baby.

MTV: Obviously, 50 Cent has shown you mucho love. He's behind your solo LP and I hear you're going to get a chance to run your own label. There's word of a G-Unit South coming soon.

Buck: Yeah. I'm gonna be the CEO with 50 Cent. 50, he's pretty much gonna leave most of it in my hands, but my direction right now comes from 50, so I feel like any direction that I will give towards another artist or even towards this label, I kind of need 50 right there. I came out right through his direction and I wouldn't want to send nobody else out wrong. I'd rather stick with the same circle. So with G-Unit South, it's like another branch for the South to have other artists in the atmosphere come up and represent this G-Unit thing too.

MTV: Every time we talk to one of you guys, like yourself or Banks or Yayo, you always talk about how 50 lays out a plan and it comes to fruition. Tell us a little bit about 50's business acumen.

Buck: 50's a special dude, man. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of power he's working. Everything 50 done told me has always been right. I look at 50 kind of like, "You're the boss and CEO of my record, but there's something a little special working with you too, homie, 'cause you predict these things and they happen." Even if I started to do my own label, 50's there. If I'm doing my own rims, 50's there. That's kind of the whole lead thing we use, 'cause it's the chain of command. When people start getting outside of that, that's when you have the breakups of the groups. Everyone's entitled to expand. Some may expand a little bit more than the other one, but if you all have the same respect for each other as men, it ain't never gonna end.

MTV: There are people that want to see everything end for you, though. On one of the records from your album, "Prices on My Head," you talk about jealousy towards you and even rap: "N---as hate you when you rich, but love you when you broke/ I never knew I had so many enemies before."

Buck: Yeah, I never knew I had so many enemies before. When I didn't have nothing, some of the same people that I see right now that hate me, loved me. They really don't have a reason to hate me now. It can't be nothing, because I'm advancing within my life. I'm like, "Yo, before there was any of this, there was love. I ain't had any conversation with you to [make you] dislike me now." That's where that whole line comes in. The simple fact is that I base my music behind reality.

MTV: A reality you're not afraid to express is your faith in the Lord. You've made songs like "Footprints," where you say God carries you through tough times. And on your Welcome 2 Da Hood mixtape (with DJ Whoo Kid), you even talked about a higher power watching over you while you sold drugs.

Buck: Yeah. Heaven makes you, man. I know that's the mind-frame of the average hustler. A lot of people don't believe that a person who's deeply into selling drugs can be into God like that. I got a really religious side to me; I got a political side to me. The whole nine is right here. I like to tell people, "Just push. Pray until something happen," 'cause that's what I did.

MTV: A few weeks ago, we published a feature story called "Finding My Religion," where we went in-depth about certain artists feeling more comfortable putting out songs with underlying or overt religious themes. How do you feel about some of those records that have come out lately, like "Jesus Walks"?

Buck: I really like Kanye West's song because he was the one who brought it to the table and really wasn't scared to speak on it. A lot of artists are scared to speak [about] and show that side of them. I'm just a person who's comfortable with mine. I know God is the maker of my situation. I know God was the one who helped me when them cats came in to rob me and shot me up. I know God was there with me when I was traveling with that stuff in my car making it from point A to point B. I know God was with me there through everything. I know God is with me right now, so just on that note, that's where you get the references to Jesus Christ or the higher power. Somebody gotta do it.

source - http://www.mtv.com/bands/y/young_bu...feature_081604/

THE SLEEP & THE DREAM-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckage
Very fucking Nice man, deep shyt, Ima nominate ya for Best poet.

Uppin this for drastic....10/10.....NICE SHYT MAN keep it up.

SEE THAT EMPIRE WERD~!

P.S.A

COMING SOON-GODS BETRAYL
OUT NOW-THE SLEEP & THE DREAM
Send a message via AIM to DrasticMeasureZ   Reply With Quote