RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-06, 04:09 AM   #1
L.E
L.E

Give me all your RV money, bitch.

IP: A70E 7938

XPETBK-26274

This is a stick up.

Hand it over and nobody will die.

-Sigh-

Boredom.
Old 12-02-06, 04:15 AM   #2
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Son, just put the gun down. You don't wanna hurt nobody do ya? We can help you.
Old 12-02-06, 04:25 AM   #3
L.E
L.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Son, just put the gun down. You don't wanna hurt nobody do ya? We can help you.

Lol.

I'll take it out on Red Steel.

-_-
Old 12-02-06, 04:26 AM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: BD83 5678

I own your book motherfucker. But, I haven't read it yet.
Old 12-02-06, 04:28 AM   #5
L.E
L.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
I own your book motherfucker. But, I haven't read it yet.

Really?

Damn. Thanks man.
Old 12-02-06, 04:32 AM   #6
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Word, hardback... £22.99 off of play.com

... lol, its like the most expensive book i own
Old 12-02-06, 04:33 AM   #7
L.E
L.E

Lol.

Sorry about that. -_-

I didn't get to decide the price because the publisher are fucking morons.

I havent got a royalty cheque in 9 months.
Old 12-02-06, 04:36 AM   #8
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Lol, how many publishers did you have to send your manuscript to before somebody accepted it?

Just because I am almost finished with the final manuscript of the book I am writing and I am just wondering how long I may have to wait before some publishing company takes it on.
Old 12-02-06, 04:41 AM   #9
L.E
L.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
Lol, how many publishers did you have to send your manuscript to before somebody accepted it?

Just because I am almost finished with the final manuscript of the book I am writing and I am just wondering how long I may have to wait before some publishing company takes it on.

I believe I sent it to six publishers lol.

I finished it when I was 13...it was published when I was 17.

It requires alot of patience...I'm actually trying to set up my own publishing company. I have already asked for a quote from Transcontinental Printing for books. Same company who prints the Harry Potter books in North America.

What kind of book is it? If you want I could look at it for you.

Could be one of my publishing house's first titles.
Old 12-02-06, 04:45 AM   #10
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Its a fantasy novel... and word man, i'm doing a bit of re-writing on the final draft so when i'm done that would be cool if i could get an already published dude to check it out.
Old 12-02-06, 04:47 AM   #11
L.E
L.E

For sure man.

Whenever you want, just send a couple sample chapters to my e-mail and I'll give you some critique.

gangsta_one@msn.com

Add me to MSN if you want and we can chat about it there as well.
Old 12-02-06, 04:50 AM   #12
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Word man... i'll talk to you laters... 'coz i'm about to go meet my girl in town
Old 12-02-06, 01:08 PM   #13
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

Quote:

It depends on the quality of the work in question and your prior credits. Not that I know anything about the rap industry, but I'll just use it as an example. You want to do a few shows, increasingly bigger, so you can say to your publisher 'yeah, I appealed to xxx people' or whatever. You get credits from things like publishing poetry or short stories in magazines, winning contests, etcetra (I doubt they'd care about anything on rapverse.com, though). These are not necessary if the work is good enough.

Also, publishing relies on this annoying thing called a query letter, in which pub credits help out. What you do is you send a letter to an agent/publisher (agent would be recommended, though they get around a 15% cut of the profit --- but make sure they're good by checking out a site called Preditors and Editors [google it]). This short beginning paragraph (one or two sentences) first says the name of the book, length, and the genre. Then you give a very short synopsis known as a hook, where you're supposed to catch the attention of the editor with the genius, or lack of genius, in your work. You basically get around a minute to condense your plot into a very intriguing paragraph or two. It sucks ass, and you can hardly get a sense of the book from a paragraph, so they have you send in anywhere from five pages to the first three chapters so they can get a hang of your writing style and how intriguing the beginning is, seeing as how that is the first thing readers look at and if they aren't interested they won't buy.

IM me at Robotic Waffle, or just talk to LE, if you want any more info.

Oh, and by the way, if you want other people to check out your manuscript and critique it, there are sites like absolutewrite.com/forums/ and writingforums.com which should help immensely. But before asking too many questions, look around and try to find the answer yourself. No one likes repeating themselves to every person who stops by.

Also, I want to inform you on the difficulty of publishing. I suggest you read this so you understand that it's not a business where you make money. You might spend three years working on a novel, get a 5k- ?k advance (which is money they give you up front, you don't have to pay back, but you don't get any royalty money until that 5k or even, in some cases, $500,000 advances if you are godly, is paid up). Then you might sell 10,000 books. It's not really worth it for 3 years of work unless you're really good and it will sell, or if you generally have a very big love of writing.

To show you how difficult it is, look at a local bookstore --- Barnes and Noble, say. You might find, say, ten thousand books total in there, of all genres. You have to factor in that there are many writers who have written even more than 15 books taking up space there. So let's be really generous and say the average is 2 books per author. That's 4000 people published. There are millions of people who want to be published writers. Note, my facts on how many books are in stock are no where near accurate, most likely, but it's pretty much a 4,000: 1,000,000 ratio. If it helps, 850,000 of those people are retards who don't know anything. Just reading this post probably gave you a boost over those 850,000.

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 12-02-06 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-02-06, 01:28 PM   #14
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

Word...just sent you 11,000 RV SMACKAROOS.
Old 12-02-06, 02:01 PM   #15
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B78C 09FE

LE YOU BASTARD, NO ONE ELSE MIGHT HAVE NOT NOTICED, BUT I NOTICED YOU GOING AROUND RV SUBLIMINALY SAYING HAHAHAHA I HAVE A Wii AND YOU DONT!!! BUT UMM I SAW THE COMMERCIAL FOR RED STEEL AND IT LOOKS ILL, SO HOW IS THE MOTION SENSOR CAN YOU USE IF FOR EVERYTHING DETAILS!!!