RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-05, 12:56 PM   #1
Wickedclown
Only the Illist

Text Record: 20-10
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Vikings to trade Randy Moss in offseason

IP: 1AF0 6ADD

The minnesota vikings will seek a trade some time in the off season for WR randy moss.. here is the full story from NFL.com what are all your thoughts on this...?

Vikings' Culpepper knows Moss may exit

NFL.com wire reports

KAPOLEI, Hawaii (Feb. 9, 2005) -- Though Daunte Culpepper can hardly imagine the Vikings ' offense without Randy Moss, the Pro Bowl quarterback knows he might have thrown his last pass to his favorite target.

Moss' future in Minnesota is in doubt after the least impressive season in his seven-year career. After years of ignoring the receiver's eccentricities and excusing his misbehaviors, the Vikings seem to be fed up with Moss -- and even Culpepper understands.

"He's my good friend, but you almost get to thinking that maybe enough is enough," Culpepper said after a Feb. 9 practice for his third Pro Bowl appearance in five seasons. "And maybe the Vikings organization has had enough."

Moss caught just 49 passes for 767 yards this season, though he still scored 13 touchdowns. A hamstring injury limited him for much of the year, and he went five games without catching a pass midway through the season.

Moss then infuriated his teammates and coaches by walking off the field early while the Vikings attempted an onside kick in the regular season finale at Washington.

And though he played with a sprained ankle in the postseason, he drew more ire -- and a $10,000 fine from the NFL -- for pretending to moon Green Bay fans after scoring the final touchdown in Minnesota's playoff victory at Lambeau Field.

Moss was left off the NFC's Pro Bowl roster for just the second time in his career, and Culpepper hasn't spoken to him since Minnesota's season ended with a 27-14 playoff loss to Philadelphia last month.

"It's not my decision, what happens with Randy," Culpepper said. "The Vikings organization makes that decision, and whatever they do, that's what's going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised, no matter what happens."

Many league observers believe the Vikings will attempt to trade Moss, if they haven't tried already this offseason -- though his hefty contract and extensive collection of baggage could make it difficult. So far, team officials have denied the widespread rumors about ongoing trade talks regarding Moss, saying the team hasn't completed its offseason personnel meetings.

Vikings center Matt Birk, who will play in his fourth Pro Bowl in seven seasons, said the club sometimes must "take the good with the bad" when Moss is involved.

It's difficult to say what a trade might bring to Minnesota. When the San Francisco 49ers traded Terrell Owens last winter, they got a second-round pick from Baltimore -- but when that deal was invalidated by the league, they got only defensive lineman Brandon Whiting from Philadelphia.

But Owens was still under contract to San Francisco only because of a paperwork mistake that prevented him from becoming a free agent, while Moss is in the middle of a lucrative long-term contract. The Vikings almost certainly would need a solid veteran and a high draft pick to be persuaded to give up one of the NFL's best playmakers.

Culpepper and Moss have been together throughout the quarterback's career, but Culpepper has been frustrated by Moss' unique style. Culpepper even has been seen yelling at the receiver occasionally.

Still, Moss' abilities are a big reason why Culpepper has become a star in the Vikings' powerful offense. Culpepper set franchise records with 4,717 yards passing and 39 touchdowns while completing 69.2 percent of his throws.

"We had a great year, and nothing about Randy's situation should take away from that," Culpepper said. "I was blessed. It just shows that hard work pays off."

And that's why Culpepper is ambivalent about Moss' possible departure. He believes Minnesota should keep together as much of that offense as possible, reserving its biggest changes for the defense.

"There are a lot of things we can do to improve on defense, and some of that you might be able to do with a trade," Culpepper said. "We've also got a lot of guys who can get the job done if we just play together. That's the most important thing: all of us playing together as a team."
Old 02-10-05, 06:25 PM   #2
Big City
Metropolis

IP: B52C 6258

damn are u serious, they just dont want to win nemore i guess lol that str8 tho i never liked the vikings neway

Old 02-10-05, 07:00 PM   #3
Wickedclown
Only the Illist

Text Record: 20-10
IP: 1AF0 6ADD

hopefuly wherever moss goes he will act acording to NFL rules. thats half of the reason minnesota is looking to trade him... they dont wanna deal with all of his stupid shit any more... hes a GREAT WR... just an ass hole
Old 02-10-05, 07:19 PM   #4
Rukkus
aka Young Rukk

IP: 9092 4066

Yeah i heard about this... whoever he goes to i will probably like.... best WR in the league.... cracks my ass up too....

Young Rukka
Old 02-10-05, 08:11 PM   #5
Hells Fire
Life is a Constant Battle

Text Record: 0-8
IP: BF74 65F5

shit from im from mn this sucks i wish we just throw away culpepper man i bet we get our asses kicked even harder next year if we dont have him my mind viking football no chance except for chavous and kevin williams on the defensive but other than them the defense sucks d-i-c-k man dumb

O.G.
Old 02-10-05, 08:13 PM   #6
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: CF4E 8780

i live in minnesota...i don't think anyone would want him lol but what ever maybe we can win a superbowl sometime ...
Old 02-11-05, 08:08 AM   #7
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: ECB3 36A0

I agree with ULTIMATE, Randys best days have gone in my opinnon, he aint performed up too standards towards the end of the season, i think they gonna cash in on him while they can....

But if Randy can redicover his form of old, he technically is one of the best WR's in NFL

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 12:22 PM   #8
Germ
in your system

Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 9E2F CDE8

pfff, whatever, moss needs to smarten up, does nothing but fuck around, and all he does, is go to the corner of the endzone and jump for the ball, and then he'll get a 15 yard penalty...

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote