RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-05, 04:15 PM   #1
The Black Plague
... I Dont Hate...
I Speak The Truth

Text Record: 21-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
The Ghetto

IP: EA46 654C

Aiite... I been seein a lot of shit on TV lately... in Rap videos, rap songs, movies, and other media that is basically glorifying the ghetto as some great, cool place to live... A show on VH1 recently talked about "ghetto passes"... What the fuck? A ghetto pass? it's not something that i think would be coveted...

I grew up in a Detroit ghetto, eastside Detriot near a housing project called Bagley...Its not a fun place to live, or a place i want to live...

The ghetto isn't a bunch of thugged out homeboys chillen, got guns and nice cars, bitches and ho's, ganstas everywhere... it's not what you see on TV...

The getto is a place where you look out ya window, and theres a tall ass old dude wit Pink Shorts up above his knees, a Gray Flannel shirt, Pink sandals and black socks, an outfit he jus picked up at goodwill for 3 bucks...But A nigga that would still beat your ass if u made fun of him..

The ghetto is a place where u see 3 crackheads pushin a grocery cart around, pickin up anything they see on the ground, hopin they cuold sell it to get their next fix...

The ghetto is when u got a Heroin addicted mother, 6 kids livin in the house next to you, the mom not carin bout anything but her next Dip.. the kids hungry knockin on peoples doors askin for food..

The ghetto is a place where u see a kid walkin down the street, no parents, wearin clothes 3 sizes too big for him, lookin for someone to bum a meal off of...

Yea sure, u got gangs, violence, u got the homies u chill wit...

But i'm tired of people assumin the ghetto is a cool place, when they've never been in one, lived in one... The Hood is bein made into somethin cool, where people want to be, when all of us who live here only dream about makin it out...

The geto is a cold, vielent, poverty strucken place... My 2 older brothers were shot to death in front of me, 1 was the wrong dude, the other was because he stole from some nigga's dad... Shit is fucked up where i live...

I'm not sayin that nobody else on here came out the hood, i kno peeps onhere that have...

But for those of ya'll who havn't, the ghetto is not what we see in the Media...

And Props to all the rappers who bring it real... Nas, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Mobb Deep, Ball and G, Bone Thugz, Eminem, KRS1, NWA...

Thats all i got to say..
Old 02-22-05, 04:21 PM   #2
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: ECDC 6939

preach nigga....

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 04:23 PM   #3
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Text Record: 70-13
IP: 3240 794D

Yeah nigga thank you!
It aint fun,all the constant bullshit happenin here...
Nobody MOVES here,niggas are born here and stuck here.
And niggas use it as insults too,I saw some white niggas in my school
and everytime somethin' is messed up they say its ghetto..
Niggas pokin fun at where we live...But much respect for this thread.

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 04:25 PM   #4
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: ECDC 6939

yea i hate that shit...people wil lsay..."yo dont fuck wit me im ghetto..."....

i be like son u never spent a day in the ghetto...niggas be trash now a days for that shit...

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 04:25 PM   #5
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 8AB2 5BB6

i didn't know they had computers in the ghetto....sweet... hey while you were watching VH1 did you see Mr.White Folks? that dude rocks...but peace bro ^^^that was a joke

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat

Last edited by ULTIMATE SPY : 02-22-05 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 04:28 PM   #6
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE SPY
i didn't know they had computers in the ghetto....sweet... hey while you were watching VH1 did you see Mr.White Folks? that dude rocks...but peace bro

WTF????why do you think niggas in the hood can't have computers?
I hate niggas who think like you do.

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 04:30 PM   #7
**GHOSTE**
Lyrics + Crunk = GHOSTE

Text Record: 4-1
IP: C6A9 FC75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Plague
Aiite... I been seein a lot of shit on TV lately... in Rap videos, rap songs, movies, and other media that is basically glorifying the ghetto as some great, cool place to live... A show on VH1 recently talked about "ghetto passes"... What the fuck? A ghetto pass? it's not something that i think would be coveted...

I grew up in a Detroit ghetto, eastside Detriot near a housing project called Bagley...Its not a fun place to live, or a place i want to live...

The ghetto isn't a bunch of thugged out homeboys chillen, got guns and nice cars, bitches and ho's, ganstas everywhere... it's not what you see on TV...

The getto is a place where you look out ya window, and theres a tall ass old dude wit Pink Shorts up above his knees, a Gray Flannel shirt, Pink sandals and black socks, an outfit he jus picked up at goodwill for 3 bucks...But A nigga that would still beat your ass if u made fun of him..

The ghetto is a place where u see 3 crackheads pushin a grocery cart around, pickin up anything they see on the ground, hopin they cuold sell it to get their next fix...

The ghetto is when u got a Heroin addicted mother, 6 kids livin in the house next to you, the mom not carin bout anything but her next Dip.. the kids hungry knockin on peoples doors askin for food..

The ghetto is a place where u see a kid walkin down the street, no parents, wearin clothes 3 sizes too big for him, lookin for someone to bum a meal off of...

Yea sure, u got gangs, violence, u got the homies u chill wit...

But i'm tired of people assumin the ghetto is a cool place, when they've never been in one, lived in one... The Hood is bein made into somethin cool, where people want to be, when all of us who live here only dream about makin it out...

The geto is a cold, vielent, poverty strucken place... My 2 older brothers were shot to death in front of me, 1 was the wrong dude, the other was because he stole from some nigga's dad... Shit is fucked up where i live...

I'm not sayin that nobody else on here came out the hood, i kno peeps onhere that have...

But for those of ya'll who havn't, the ghetto is not what we see in the Media...

And Props to all the rappers who bring it real... Nas, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Mobb Deep, Ball and G, Bone Thugz, Eminem, KRS1, NWA...

Thats all i got to say..

i thank jesus for ppl like u...as hard as it may be to believe...i live in the "GHETTO"...rite now...the ghetto isnt all its cracked up to be...sure there is some violence and shit...but ppl arent runnin around shirtless wit pistols in dey pants for everyone to see...the ghetto is a place where the houses suck...and no1 has enough money for a tite car like u see on videos and shit...and its ppl in yo alley dumpster diving to get some liquor...the real ghetto is a place where ur parents find weed pipes in da streets and come and ask u if u kno whos it is (that happens to me hella)...thank u black plague...for helpin set ppl str8...props fam
Send a message via AIM to **GHOSTE**   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 04:30 PM   #8
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
WTF????why do you think niggas in the hood can't have computers?
I hate niggas who think like you do.

man calm your ass down i was kidding around.. i guess in the ghetto they can't joke around either...damn life is tough...someone got defensive about their computer right there and then ha

Free Time...

Old 02-22-05, 04:32 PM   #9
**GHOSTE**
Lyrics + Crunk = GHOSTE

Text Record: 4-1
IP: C6A9 FC75

Quote:
i didn't know they had computers in the ghetto....sweet... hey while you were watching VH1 did you see Mr.White Folks? that dude rocks...but peace bro

yes...^some ppl have computers in tha ghetto...houses dont get broke into every fuckin day like they make it seem...
Send a message via AIM to **GHOSTE**   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 04:34 PM   #10
Bangalore

man don't worry i seen the real ghetto that ghetto yall talk'n about is a fuck'n palace compared to the shit i seen don't even get me started... that was said in a nice manner

Free Time...

Old 02-22-05, 04:34 PM   #11
B. Magik
Sam Dope

^^^^^^Hmmm..........
Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 04:36 PM   #12
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Quote:
man don't worry i seen the real ghetto that ghetto yall talk'n about is a fuck'n palace compared to the shit i seen don't even get me started... that was said in a nice manner

REAL GHETTO? LMFAO wtf are you talkin about???

Old 02-22-05, 04:39 PM   #13
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 3358 DF00

Quote:

*awaits a close-minded comment*
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 02-22-05, 04:44 PM   #14
Bangalore

Quote:

i'm talk'n bout the ghettos of africa and india which i have had first hand encounters of ... that shit you talk'n bout is a walk in the park .. at least yall have a roof over your fuck'n heads .. don't tell me your life is that hard.. i've seen the chicago ghetto's and there is no comparison... if some poorass nigga wants food all he has to do is go to some fuck'n homeless shelter and get the hook up ...not in africa and india your fuck'n idiot i'm talk'n bout no one giv'n a flying fuck about what you do from day to day .. cops aint' doing shit ...goverment ain't trying to intrude...ghetto my ass when you have a house food stamps and clothing on your back i'm think'n your doing alright

Free Time...

Old 02-22-05, 04:45 PM   #15
Bangalore

thats what real ghetto i'm talk'n bout ... where there is no chance to get out or make something of yourself...that is a ghetto not the cheeseballed shit you trying to make out to be bad

Free Time...