RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-05, 02:46 PM   #1
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

sunN.Y. - JD's SeCrEt wEaPoN

IP: 0D11 88C9

SunN.Y. knows the history of the rappers that have gone before him only to achieve marginal success on the commercial plane. But, when Jermaine Dupri scooped him off the stage of BET’s 106&Park, he and Sun knew that they would approach the game in a more direct fashion than previous Freestyle Friday Hall of Famers. The attack would be direct and they would play up to the fan base created through the show. As the first Urban Artist set to drop on the new Virgin Records, SunN.Y. has a lot on his shoulders.

SunNY: I’m just tiring to make more records, even with my language. JD done talked to me, and told me to talk to a couple of people that’s in the boat with me. We about to start rolling, and he told me image is everything. You don’t want no body to look at you, I don’t everybody to look at me and be like that boy momma ain’t teach him no better. I’m trying to say away from the typical things. I mean the average Black male story is: Grew up in the hood messed up, peddled drugs, did six months or whatever they did. It’s sad to say. I can say that same story but I’m trying to go away from that. I’m going to incorporate some things positive to my story.

SunNY: For one I got some hot songs, I don’t know what Poster did. God bless Poster, I heard the boy sick right now so I hope he get better. I’m a fan of Poster. Then I saw Jin. But with my situation, I really didn’t have much of a demo, I just had my exposure which quite belt up a buzz in the street. I had a good industry buzz gong on in Atlanta, and you know all them dudes talk. JD got that buzz and I got to sit with him, it was more of a business plan then a demo, and what separates me from them is one - I know I’m an artist for two I got a good business sense. I got a good business, when I write a song, I write a song to a video invasion, a crowd rocking to it.

What’s your album gonna sound like?
SunNY: My album gonna sound like ‘87 to ’98, as far as production. I got new age producers, with new age sounds and all that. But lyrically and the content of it, I was raised from back then. To me, Hip-Hop started getting started once the Hard Knock Life Tour was over with, and DMX did his two albums, and Jay-Z did his like five mill. I can say as a fan, I sat back and watched Irv [Gotti]. I saw Irv, Jay, and all of them in the B.I.G. video together, and the “Ain’t No N***a” video and all that, and I saw their grind and their rise, and they got to their climax.

SunNY: Being under JD’s wing, I learned that JD is that dude, I’m use to being around somebody like JD. The dude that got their own; they really don’t need outside help but people contribute to to what he doing, like one hand wash the other. People have a perception that I’m going to get signed with JD, so like imam be on that j-Kwon , club twist all day. And you know, one thing that JD tells me is that the only way to sell yourself is to be you. You know what I’m saying. JD be him. JD is the money and the pop a bottle, and all that but at the same time, he is a Hip-Hop dude, he use to dance with Whodini in the videos. He’s definitely a Hip-Hop dude.

has he rejected any of your songs, like, “That’s not working,” or anything like that?
SunNY: Me and him rejected songs together. Like, I got this one track that me and him liked the hook together, and all of that. And once the song was done, I wasn’t really feeling it. I didn’t want that out there then he felt the same. Then I did a song that I liked that he didn’t like it, you know what Im saying - which is cool. You can listen to some people’s album and [can tell that] they are surrounding by “yes men.” I’m glad that J is the type of dude. He’s not giving me so much freedom, but he letting me put out what I want. Im glad there is freedom when it comes to creativity but when it comes time to him doing his job he going to lay it down, [I’ll bend].

SunNY: I had thought about it, that’s why I spelled my name different. That’s how I got the “Son of New York” as a title of myself overall. At the end of it, it’s a DJ named Sunnny, shout outs to her, she at the top of my list. Moms name is Sunny so it’s a big name; it’s a real popular name, when you comes to it. I believe my grandfather name is Sunny, so that’s why I switched it up, just to separate myself from everybody else.

Hott Freestyle Exclusive from sunN.Y.

SunNY: Now that I got this deal/the deal is trying to throw me in the new whip/ The G 500, that will knock me quick, I’m good with a bucket/ Still seeing poppy flips, going out like the Cuban at the end of the script/ You running your lips, my finger tips will run in my hips /Goodie Mob say go, now we running through clips/ My life is on a steep slope, how I shoot through bricks/ bars with a clip on the doors with for licks, appeal anything before I see the bars you sit/ Now its so-so, and Im still blowing so much cocoa /I got a whole crowd of girls gone local, I got my dogs up the block going for po-po/ no body of not they ain’t finding no mo glow/ top of that my guns and shell cases that belong to the four four / my name is son ill show you the slow flow./ I’mma teach all y’all dudes how to blow/ freestyle in the mean but ,while I got hot songs , that’s where other battle rappers got there career wrong.”

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 02:44 AM   #2
Control Freq
Suspended

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 870F FA55

yeah I know...................