RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-05, 02:27 AM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

RV should have debate battles. :)

IP:

I think they will work. Its like being a lawyer in a way.

here's a convo with soc I just had about pencils effecting kids.

Word Sizzle [10:44 P.M.]: i would have a dope debate record
Word Sizzle [10:44 P.M.]: i wonder how the battles would work though
HpednI [10:45 P.M.]: I think it could be to state an issue. And both would take oppisite sides and it'll be picked by random or soemthing.
HpednI [10:45 P.M.]: I can make a fuckin rapist of a baby seem right
Word Sizzle [10:45 P.M.]: lmfaooooo
Word Sizzle [10:46 P.M.]: but what if someone gets an issue they dont agree with?
Word Sizzle [10:46 P.M.]: i personally wouldnt care but herbs would bitch
HpednI [10:46 P.M.]: too bad foo thats how lawyers work
Word Sizzle [10:46 P.M.]: "i only lost cuz thats not what i think"
Word Sizzle [10:46 P.M.]: nah mean? -_-
HpednI [10:47 P.M.]: lol who cares
HpednI [10:47 P.M.]: ppl complain about everything all the time
Word Sizzle [10:47 P.M.]: lmao true
HpednI [10:47 P.M.]: instead of using their setbacks to improve themselves they cry for their ba ba's. --__--
Word Sizzle [10:48 P.M.]: word
HpednI [10:48 P.M.]: watch this. I'ma prove that pencils are ruining america
Word Sizzle [10:48 P.M.]: LMFAO

The actuall debate

HpednI [10:49 P.M.]: Listen, pencils are the reason kids are out of control. They believe that all these mistakes they make could just be brushed away. If our children were forced to use pens. They would make every action more important. They would be contious of every move.
HpednI [10:49 P.M.]: 8-)
Word Sizzle [10:50 P.M.]: That's not true
Word Sizzle [10:51 P.M.]: because if that theory held true, there would be no crime simply for the reason there is a police force
HpednI [10:53 P.M.]: No, the threat of punishment isn't the same as self control. Though it is similar. The only enemy you cannot rebel against is yourself. No one purpously makes errors. "Choose wisely" will be the messege we send.
Word Sizzle [10:57 P.M.]: but that would send across a message that if you mess up, there is no coming back and you deal with the consequences. You seem to think that by that, everything will be perfectly right in everyones decisions. No to add the fact that applying the difference between a pen and a pencil is not POSSIBLY going to affect the choices of a young man deciding protected or unprotected sex and other such larger issues.
HpednI [10:59 P.M.]: Well think about it. What is better being paranoid or naive? Lets say u knew u were gonna get shot on a certain day. But was aware of it 2 years or so before the actual event. You would be stiff the whole 2 years but would avoid the bullet. Would u rather take present pleasure over future success? That applies to school also.
Word Sizzle [11:01 P.M.]: well when a girl taking finals in high school accidentally bubbles in the wrong letter and fails because of it has an emotional breakdown, you can tell me cant you?
HpednI [11:02 P.M.]: So you would rather let people make constant mistakes then take precautions not to? You're living in a hippies mindstate. People learn from example. Even the most minor detail effects the way a child is raised.
HpednI [11:04 P.M.]: Thats just like the term "saving for a rainy day". While you're saving you're losing the money at the moment, but if the event occurs it'll really help. This argument can go forever due to oppinion of positive and negative thoughts.
Word Sizzle [11:07 P.M.]: but your solution to mistakes is to enforce pens instead of pencils, not on a larger scale. you're suggesting that the difference between pens and pencils will change everything when in fact it wouldnt. You just say they will have the idea embedded in their minds but the chances of them applying the concept to other situations is slim to none
HpednI [11:09 P.M.]: Well I was simply taking a small step. You seem to not want to eat if you can't have to kitchen. I say this will disipline them. It isn't a deletion just a prevention method.
Word Sizzle [11:12 P.M.]: Now you're changing your argument, your original statement was that "pencils are ruining america, heres why" and now you change it to "a small step", I call the hyopcrite police soon
HpednI [11:12 P.M.]: ACTUALLY
HpednI [11:12 P.M.]: The swap of the subject was caused by you
HpednI [11:13 P.M.]: Word Sizzle [11:07 P.M.]: but your "solution" to mistakes is to enforce pens instead of pencils, not on a "larger scale". you're suggesting that the difference between pens and pencils will change everything when in fact it wouldnt. You just say they will have the idea embedded in their minds but the chances of them "applying the concept to other situations is slim to none"
HpednI [11:13 P.M.]: owned
HpednI [11:13 P.M.]: ;-)
Word Sizzle [11:14 P.M.]: stop and let me show you how you just sonned yourself
HpednI [11:14 P.M.]: *posts this in the argument to make a debate forum*
Word Sizzle [11:15 P.M.]: YOUR argument was that pencils are ruining america and i was pointing out that what youre saying doesnt relate to that, it relates to a smaller scale solution that you hope to solve
Word Sizzle [11:15 P.M.]: do you see what im saying?
HpednI [11:17 P.M.]: Yes but that was just my opening statement. 'Ruining amerca' could be summed up in so many perspectives. In my oppinion this isn't a smaller scale. This is the seed of a tree to me. Like I said

HpednI [11:02 P.M.]: So you would rather let people make constant mistakes then take precautions not to? You're living in a hippies mindstate. People learn from example. Even the most minor detail effects the way a child is raised.
HpednI [11:18 P.M.]: so can i post this?
werd...

Last edited by ...1ndeph... : 08-21-05 at 02:48 AM.