RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-05, 07:21 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

I hate to be racial...but what's the motivation behind this...

IP: 1ADC A69C

As you all know, Farrakhan coordinated the Million Man March back in 1995. Spike Lee directed an excellent movie called "Get on the bus" based on that event. Anyway, today on The National Mall, Farrakhan hosted the "Million More March" to address pertinent issues withing the black community on this the 10th anniversary of the original march. Well, I went to CNN's web site to read about it but saw their #1 news story, "PLANNED Neo-Nazi march spawns violence." WTF...They are reporting about a PLANNED march instead of covering an ACTUAL march that went on today.

What's the reasoning behind this shit.

Actually, I'm disappointed that they didn't advertise the Million More March more than they did. I didn't even know it was today and I wanted to attend.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-05, 07:23 PM   #2
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1074 4269

Fuck that march shit
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-05, 07:24 PM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Are you serious CNN said that? Thats fucked...
Old 10-15-05, 07:29 PM   #5
KriZ
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-3
IP: 9E82 E784

Quote:
"PLANNED Neo-Nazi march spawns violence."

^^^^Neo-Nazi March? The fuck is up wit that?

CNN is being wierd these days.... Even tho this off subject, A reporter on the Missing girl from the Skool trip in Aruba asked if it was "Another Run away bride attempt?" WTF....

But yeah, i agree that they shoulda advertised it more.
Old 10-15-05, 07:29 PM   #6
Black Arts
This is my first post!

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: A181 D033

yeh its pretty fucked but there you go

we meant to be in the 21st century in an intergrated society but we still have pricks believing it to be more significant to mention neo-nazi's than a positive black march.

it's almost as if they think that society would rather know about it's downfalls than its achievements
Old 10-15-05, 07:29 PM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
so wat was the million more march ment to be marchin about

Well..as it was in 1995, it's a gathering on the NATIONAL MALL (u know, where Martin Luther King gave his famous speech) for blacks (and everyone) to address issues within the black community...There were also performers present as well...

I just can't believe that a march that large on the NATIONAL MALL isn't "FRONT PAGE" news...I had to "search" CNN's web site for coverage. They have it under the "MORE NEWS" section.

that = ridiculous to me
Old 10-15-05, 07:34 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Arts
yeh its pretty fucked but there you go

we meant to be in the 21st century in an intergrated society but we still have pricks believing it to be more significant to mention neo-nazi's than a positive black march.

it's almost as if they think that society would rather know about it's downfalls than its achievements

^^^^^^^^^ YEA...CNn would rather cover blacks RIOTING than Blacks gathering Peacefully on the NATIONAL MALL...I'm sorry, but Fuck the KKK and Neo-nazis...And, I'm sorry to say, The NATIONAL MALL is more relevant than Toledo Ohio or where ever they are

classic example...and I'm sure Farrakhan will have something to say about it
Old 10-15-05, 07:43 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
can i jus ask a question wtf is up wit america n such a racial divide. sorry if i dont understand this cause shit aint nuthin like that here i mean a meeting for the black community wtf so black people all live in 1 area like a compound or sum shit n whites live in another cause that is seriously the way it sounds from an outsiders prospectus, i know it aint like that but i dont get y they avin a meeting for to better the black community y not jus better the community

there's a lot to ur question...but Im going to eat so I can't give you the full answer. I'll tell you this much though. Blacks didn't start off on equal footing in the country--i.e., slavery and then Jim Crow. So, we're still playing catch up in a sense economically and socially. There are issues unique to the black community that require dialogue and communication to solve. Therefore, meetings and gatherings address these, as well as continue our tradition of "meeting" and "gathering" as it was during slave days.

Old 10-15-05, 07:50 PM   #12
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Well on some real shit the black community is fucked up. Its ourselves too. Shit aint gon' get better from some march. People takin' pride in self destruction and its gon' take alot to block out some of these rappers fuckin us up more.
Old 10-15-05, 08:13 PM   #13
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
Well on some real shit the black community is fucked up. Its ourselves too. Shit aint gon' get better from some march. People takin' pride in self destruction and its gon' take alot to block out some of these rappers fuckin us up more.

word...and what's even worse is this "crab" mentality among black people...

that's why I've started making friends with entrepreneurs and people who are doing things so maybe I can learn something

and then maybe I can pull someone else out the "barrel" not down back in it

but seriously...i dun see why The Million More March isn't Cnns top story considering they are covering the Nazi riot
Old 10-15-05, 10:05 PM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 1F98 D349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
As you all know, Farrakhan coordinated the Million Man March back in 1995. Spike Lee directed an excellent movie called "Get on the bus" based on that event. Anyway, today on The National Mall, Farrakhan hosted the "Million More March" to address pertinent issues withing the black community on this the 10th anniversary of the original march. Well, I went to CNN's web site to read about it but saw their #1 news story, "PLANNED Neo-Nazi march spawns violence." WTF...They are reporting about a PLANNED march instead of covering an ACTUAL march that went on today.

What's the reasoning behind this shit.

Actually, I'm disappointed that they didn't advertise the Million More March more than they did. I didn't even know it was today and I wanted to attend.

Simple reason..
A controversial nazi march makes for a lot better news than a peaceful anniversary march..

Thats how news works.. They go for whats more controversial and whats gonna cause more up-roar and sales...
Old 10-15-05, 10:36 PM   #15
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: D792 1390

I agree with Indeph...

ey, Indeph you know the Farrakhan grand-daughters went to our school (crete).

the girl Shaherrah (my age), Nefisa (around 23 now), and Jamillia (around 21 now) all went to Crete... and they got a younger sister that might be in your grade, Indeph I can't remember her name... but check out the cheerleading pics in the athletic office from '03 and '02 you'll see at least Nefisa Farrakhan and Jamilia Farrakhan. This completely off-topic I know, but they had bodyguards at graduation. Parents were like uhm okay who's gonna attack the young Farrakhan's across stage?

Anyways, Deph, hit me up later.