RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-05, 12:43 PM   #1
B-MAC
vanquising Mc's Daily

Tony Yayo Takes Aim At Benzino, Plans Video Game

IP: 42C9 6651

Yayo phoned into Star and Bucwild's morning show last month and told (New York) Power 105.1's audience that he warned Source Chief Brand Executive Raymond "Benzino" Scott never to write about G-Unit again. According to Yayo, Benzino was shook and wanted to talk with the G-Unit rapper. Several weeks later, The Source released its November issue, taunting "G-Unot" on the cover.

"My response is no more passes cause I sat back and I gave him [Benzino] a pass," Yayo told SOHH.com. "He disrespected me by doing that. I'm bigger than that. Anybody who has to use a magazine as a weapon is soft. He can't even go through Boston. They set his car on fire. I'm doing a show in his town tomorrow. I'll say what I gotta say there.

Upon dropping Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon on August 30th, Yayo sold 214,687 CDs in his first week according to Nielsen's SoundScan. In the G-Unot issue, The Source notes the sales numbers and claim it's an indicator that the G-Unit brand is slipping. Yayo disagrees.

"Dudes is haters," says Yayo. "I did 215 [two hundred and fifteen thousand units] my first week with Kanye West [debuting as well]. My second week I dropped down to I think it was 60, by 33 percent something like that. Kanye West dropped down to the same numbers, but ain't nobody say nothing to him about it. But it's me, so they're like, 'Ohhh, Interscope is buying my records.' That's what he was saying to try to assassinate my character.

"I could have did more than 215,000," he adds. "I dropped the same day as Kanye-he's a Grammy Award winner and had way more promotion than me. [He had] Pepsi commercials, all kinds of things that I couldn't do. That was one of the biggest numbers that came out this year. Everybody else that came out was doing 100,000 and change. I did 215 with a Grammy award winner."

Yayo is presently touring the country as part of his "Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon" tour. The Queens, NY rapper is also prepping the release of Free Yayo, a video game soon to be available on wireless phones. He's also in talks to release his own liquor, start an adult entertainment agency and is soon to appear in 50 Cent's Bulletproof video game and Get Rich Or Die Trying soundtrack.

Get Rich Or Die Trying's soundtrack features Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Olivia, Mobb Deep and M.O.P. is scheduled to hit stores November 8th.

[
Old 10-26-05, 10:50 PM   #2
smokedout05
Herb

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 28AD 5545

excuses, excuses
Old 11-10-05, 01:08 PM   #3
..Grillz..
New to RV

Text Record: 2-2
IP: D4FA A3B8

benzino is an 80 year old faggot neways...he deserved to get smashed...shot...any kind of pain imaginable

NotoriousM vs. Clockwork
Old 11-10-05, 01:09 PM   #4
..Grillz..
New to RV

Text Record: 2-2
IP: D4FA A3B8

and as for those video games...i hiope they do come out soon...im looking forward to 50's bulletproof game...it looks iight...i checked out some reviews on the net and it looks pretty sick..

NotoriousM vs. Clockwork