RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-05, 08:46 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

The new LOGO network

IP: 1ADC A69C

Is an MTV sponsored/based network geared toward gay/lesbian viewers. It's relatively new and is only available in certain locations and with certain cable companies. Well, COMCAST carries it but the network is GARBAGE.

#1...The shows they feature have a gay/les theme, yes. However, the shows they air are "safe" gay shows which ANY network would show and has shown before.

#2...Society is DEFINITELY more comfortable with lesbians than gay men. And, to my dismay, this so-called gay network is buying into that bull shit as well.

EXAMPLE: Most people are somewhat comfortable when they see two women kissing...Some men even fantasize about it.
Society will ONLY accept two men in a relationship setting if it's in a COMICAL situation. Therefore, most gay men on television are portrayed as clowns (drag queens, sissies, fairies). You rarely, if ever, see a show or movie showing gay men in loving situations. Society seems to love "laughing" at two "FAGGOTS" acting like clowns. But, they can't tolerate watching two "normal" people engaged in loving contact? THAT'S BULLSHIT. The LOGO network perpetuates this bullshit by showing mostly movies about drag queens. But, I noticed they air lots of movies about females who have loving relationships...

#3...Exactly what is the purpose of a "gay" network? I like entertainment, PERIOD. Yes, it is comforting to see people I can identify with on television and in the media. However, if the LOGO network insists on showing only one aspect of an entire culture of people, then DAMN their network and FUCK the MTV execs who are out for $$$$.

LOGO Network = WACK.

P.S. I'm aware that some close minded people are going to come in here and say "FUCK FAGGOTS"...blah blah..HELL..unnatural..ETC. But, that's beside the point. Gay people are in rap. They are normal people who you see at the supermarkets and everywhere and just don't know they are gay, unless you are hell-bent on stereotyping people.

Expand your minds.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 08:51 AM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 20F9 4AAC

I'll watch for the lesbians.
Old 11-08-05, 08:55 AM   #3
Tie-D
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-7
IP: BD47 2B52

^^i would also watch for the lesbians.

But you make some fuckin good points there Q. I have thought tht b4, about gays only being on tv wen they are silly like will and grace and other programmes like that.

In reality gays are usually quite normal and also quite boring.
Old 11-08-05, 09:06 AM   #4
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

shit, you see how much promoting they ven did for the network, if they did major promotion you know how many activists would be lobbying to get it off the air?...all thse Bible beating Christians would freak out...

I agree with you 130% that it's crap that they only show females in loving relationships...that just perpetuates the notion that gay men are gay only because of sex, that they don't want a real relationship, they just wanna be whores and sleep around...that's a HUGE misconception in our society...that gender preference and sexuality is only based on sex and not love...

and all these guys that think ALL gay men want them...gay men are men just like you...you don't wanna sleep with EVERY female you see on the street, you think a gay man wants you just cuz he's gay?...ughhh no

man, I'm willing to bet that this network isn't even headed by a gay person and only the lower staff positions are actually even gay or lesbian...but I agree, things like this only perpetuate stereo-types and give the iLLusion of doing something for a group of people that's positive when it's doing the eXact opposite, and yes, it most likely IS all about the money...but at the same time, they've done no advertising for this network at all to my knowledge so this is kind of a wishy washy situation for MTV in general...

honestly all I can say is make them aware of your problem with the network and get others to do the same, maybe they'll take notice...

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 09:10 AM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie-D
^^i would also watch for the lesbians.

But you make some fuckin good points there Q. I have thought tht b4, about gays only being on tv wen they are silly like will and grace and other programmes like that.

In reality gays are usually quite normal and also quite boring.

I know how to have a GUUUUUUD time
Old 11-08-05, 09:11 AM   #6
Tie-D
Flyweight

im confused, are you gay??

im not trying to be a prick or nothing?
Old 11-08-05, 09:50 AM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie-D
im confused, are you gay??

im not trying to be a prick or nothing?

yea I'm gay
Old 11-08-05, 10:39 AM   #8
Tie-D
Flyweight

your just messing wiv me. Not that it matters either way but i knows you got talents
Old 11-08-05, 10:52 AM   #9
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 950F 0FDD

^ he's not messing with you

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 10:54 AM   #10
Tie-D
Flyweight

if it is true i bet he gets a lot of dicks saying all stupid stuff on this site
Old 11-08-05, 02:01 PM   #11
Indeph
Not_Indeph

^ Look at any natural killa post.
Old 11-08-05, 02:13 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 91D5 EDD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
[center]shit, you see how much promoting they ven did for the network, if they did major promotion you know how many activists would be lobbying to get it off the air?...all thse Bible beating Christians would freak out...

I agree with you 130% that it's crap that they only show females in loving relationships...that just perpetuates the notion that gay men are gay only because of sex, that they don't want a real relationship, they just wanna be whores and sleep around...that's a HUGE misconception in our society...that gender preference and sexuality is only based on sex and not love...

and all these guys that think ALL gay men want them...gay men are men just like you...you don't wanna sleep with EVERY female you see on the street, you think a gay man wants you just cuz he's gay?...ughhh no

man, I'm willing to bet that this network isn't even headed by a gay person and only the lower staff positions are actually even gay or lesbian...but I agree, things like this only perpetuate stereo-types and give the iLLusion of doing something for a group of people that's positive when it's doing the eXact opposite, and yes, it most likely IS all about the money...but at the same time, they've done no advertising for this network at all to my knowledge so this is kind of a wishy washy situation for MTV in general...

honestly all I can say is make them aware of your problem with the network and get others to do the same, maybe they'll take notice...

But you gotta understand one thing, as gay men, they're still "men". Which means that although they didn't want to have sex with that female originally, if he sees an open door, he's gonna step in. Gay or straight, still a male.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 02:15 PM   #13
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
But you gotta understand one thing, as gay men, they're still "men". Which means that although they didn't want to have sex with that female originally, if he sees an open door, he's gonna step in. Gay or straight, still a male.

Its still kind of a threat that they'll have an interest. I don't get how being uncomfortable when gays flirt with you makes you a closet case. That's like a girl gettin uncomfortable if I flirt with her. Except thats more acceptable since I'm a pimp and shit.
Old 11-08-05, 02:16 PM   #14
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 91D5 EDD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'Cred
Its still kind of a threat that they'll have an interest. I don't get how being uncomfortable when gays flirt with you makes you a closet case. That's like a girl gettin uncomfortable if I flirt with her. Except thats more acceptable since I'm a pimp and shit.

makes sense to me. gays are just mad that you're not gay.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 02:21 PM   #15
Indeph
Not_Indeph

I'm aight with gays, but they ruined the male male relationship. You can't be open to dudes really because the gayness factor will rise. Waddup compose