RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-05, 08:56 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

When performing in front of Labels talent scouts...

IP: 1ADC A69C

which types of songs should you do?
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-05, 08:58 AM   #2
Dex
Gods Of War! -yeah im one

Text Record: 20-13
IP: BD47 2B52

nothin too heavy unless you only use heavy beats.

its gotta be something where the beat aint too complicated cos they gotta be focused on you and you alone

Send a message via AIM to Dex Send a message via MSN to Dex   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-05, 09:01 AM   #3
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 2372 BC06

I'd agree wit Dex

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-05, 09:51 AM   #4
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3D77 0B54

dex is rite.. but also songs u feel are you VERY BEST and u KNOW u will be able to rip up in a majour way wen done live
Old 11-10-05, 09:54 AM   #5
Dex
Gods Of War! -yeah im one

Text Record: 20-13
IP: BD47 2B52

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
but also songs u feel are you VERY BEST and u KNOW u will be able to rip up in a majour way wen done live

thats exactly it!!

hit the nail on the head there

Send a message via AIM to Dex Send a message via MSN to Dex   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-05, 10:03 AM   #6
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3D77 0B54

at end of the day if u dont feel its best... most like nobody else will n if ur not so confident about wat ur performin it will show in ur performance on stage... but honestly.. id wait before u do that... get experience first build up ur stage character and confidence.. on stage wit a few hundred rowdy as fuk hip hop fans is dauntin wen u start out.. i remember my first time.. every1 jus makin bare noise.. brap brap everytin... n it makes u nervous cos ur like... damn wat if i dnt keep em hype as they are.. the more u do it.. u forget them thoughts n jus go on enjoy urself n do it like it is all u do 24/7... but u really do need to get experience first before u go for wat ur on bout now... learn to play to ya crowed properly.. move round the stage properly makin eye contact wit them n wat not... never try jumpin ahead of urself or u will be bound to fail
Old 11-10-05, 10:13 AM   #7
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Ontop of how good you perform, you absolutly need to rap something that is sellable and that will make them feel audiences would be very interested in hearing..

Rap for them a song that in all cases represents a hit single... Even the best rappers can get turned down because their lyrical content doesent fit the type of image that their looking for in the rap industry.

Over in Australia its different, but in america for you Q, you need to fit the steriotype of a sellable image to gain any possibility of getting signed...

Its fucked up, but thats the straight up truth.
Old 11-10-05, 10:15 AM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
at end of the day if u dont feel its best... most like nobody else will n if ur not so confident about wat ur performin it will show in ur performance on stage... but honestly.. id wait before u do that... get experience first build up ur stage character and confidence.. on stage wit a few hundred rowdy as fuk hip hop fans is dauntin wen u start out.. i remember my first time.. every1 jus makin bare noise.. brap brap everytin... n it makes u nervous cos ur like... damn wat if i dnt keep em hype as they are.. the more u do it.. u forget them thoughts n jus go on enjoy urself n do it like it is all u do 24/7... but u really do need to get experience first before u go for wat ur on bout now... learn to play to ya crowed properly.. move round the stage properly makin eye contact wit them n wat not... never try jumpin ahead of urself or u will be bound to fail

I ain't askin all that...I didn't ask which should you do first...I asked what types of song should you perform in front of a label...esp. if the opportunity presented itself...I for one wouldn't pass up on that opportunity

Old 11-10-05, 10:17 AM   #9
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Ontop of how good you perform, you absolutly need to rap something that is sellable and that will make them feel audiences would be very interested in hearing..

Rap for them a song that in all cases represents a hit single... Even the best rappers can get turned down because their lyrical content doesent fit the type of image that their looking for in the rap industry.

Over in Australia its different, but in america for you Q, you need to fit the steriotype of a sellable image to gain any possibility of getting signed...

Its fucked up, but thats the straight up truth.

I agree...Jay Z was turned down and we see how successful he is...

I'm asking this because I have an opportunity to go to NY and perform in front of some DJs...including Kay Slay...

and I'm seriously considering it...I mean, I have nothing to lose...if I don't do it, then I'll have regrets...If I do it, the worse that can happen is they say "Nah, we ain't feelin that, sorry"

pssf...

It's in December
Old 11-10-05, 10:18 AM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:

This is compleatly irrelevant...

If your not atleast a decent performer you wouldnt even get looked at by talent scouts in the first place...

Why did you even bother typing up this post?
Old 11-10-05, 10:21 AM   #11
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I agree...Jay Z was turned down and we see how successful he is...

I'm asking this because I have an opportunity to go to NY and perform in front of some DJs...including Kay Slay...

and I'm seriously considering it...I mean, I have nothing to lose...if I don't do it, then I'll have regrets...If I do it, the worse that can happen is they say "Nah, we ain't feelin that, sorry"

pssf...

It's in December

Ugghh Kay slay is annoying as fuck and makes shitty beats..

But if the opportunity is there, fucking go for it man... Get in with anyone you can, rape the fuck out of them for what their worth and slowly move up the ladder...

Just make sure you got everything in ya act extremily tight so they all get the impression your the next big thing... Once you got peeps down with ya movement, thats the beginning of it all..
Old 11-10-05, 10:21 AM   #12
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
This is compleatly irrelevant...

If your not atleast a decent performer you wouldnt even get looked at by talent scouts in the first place...

Why did you even bother typing up this post?

CO -SIGN

If I can't perform in front of 3 label execs, I'm supposed to perform in front of 100 drunken idiots?

pssf...ass backwards logic
Old 11-10-05, 10:22 AM   #13
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Ugghh Kay slay is annoying as fuck and makes shitty beats..

But if the opportunity is there, fucking go for it man... Get in with anyone you can, rape the fuck out of them for what their worth and slowly move up the ladder...

Just make sure you got everything in ya act extremily tight so they all get the impression your the next big thing... Once you got peeps down with ya movement, thats the beginning of it all..

Yea...I actually could have gone up in 2 weeks but I wasn't prepared. It's basically an open call for openers...they're looking for emcees to open up for different rappers
Old 11-10-05, 10:23 AM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Thats awesome man...

Give it all you got and make this shit happen..
Old 11-10-05, 10:26 AM   #15
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

^^^for real...........you ain't got jack to lose

this could be the start of something big you never know

good luck Q for real