RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-05, 08:20 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Aye People...if you got "signed" to a local indie label, wut wud be a good deal?

IP: 1ADC A69C

Yea...I'm jus determing what a "signing" package would include at 5 Source once I get to that stage...and YES, I WILL get to that stage...

So far, I have:

**Though the following would be "free" to the artists, I plan to recoup the costs through percentages of their profits.

1. Access to the studio (certain amt. of studio time per week)
2. Access to 5 Source producers (certain amt. of original beats)
3. Distribution (CD burning/Printing/Promotion)
4. Networking (club promotion/booking, ect...)
5. Sign-on bonus: For this, I plan to have 5 Source Debit cards that signed artists get with a certain amount already on it. This is mostly "petty cash" and would just be a small perk for signing on, nothing major. (Around 2,500)

**Artists would be responsible for getting their own managers and developing their image/buzz.

What else would you all personally want or like to see if you were signed to a small/local indie label?

Holla

Last edited by Tha Q. : 11-12-05 at 09:00 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 08:27 AM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu cullian
jus outta curiousty how u gonna pay for studio time every week

I'd own the studio
Old 11-12-05, 08:28 AM   #4
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Text Record: 14-0
Audio Record: 6-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FEFC E273

Quote:
jus outta curiousty how u gonna pay for studio time every week

buy/make his own studio

and he can get the money from loans, or just workin and savin up
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 08:30 AM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Meth0d
buy/make his own studio

and he can get the money from loans, or just workin and savin up

^^Word...If all goes according to plan, and God willing, then I'll have other business ventures to generate revenue for 5 Source until it can become a self-sustaining entity.

Entrepreneur business, of course...

FUCK slavery
Old 11-12-05, 08:31 AM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
do u own a studio?? n if not how the hell u gonna pay for that lol

assuming (and very loosely) that you even know what a studio is, then you can understand that I can own one...This is a business dawg...and any business needs $$$$$$ as start up capital...I have a goal in mind to build a good studio that can pump out quality recordings...will cost into the thousands...but, again, this won't be "HOME BOY" records...

so yea...figure that one
Old 11-12-05, 08:39 AM   #9
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
of course, i studioo business so i know about this not the biulding a record label but business in general so how u gonna generate start up capital hav u got money saved or u gonna get a business loan or look for investors or shareholders or what. n wat is 5 source a ltd. company??

5 Source Ent. is a sole proprietor company right now...still in its infancy...I'm registered in the state of MD and licensed to do "business"...which I registered with the state as "SALES" and "AMUSEMENT/EVENTS"....

As for start up capital...I'm an entrepreneur as of...NOW...literally...I have a business starting (I don't plan to get into specifics) that will provide revenue for 5 source...I plan to save...

I'm also considering loans...but damn a CREDIT CHECK and collateral.

I'm keeping all my options open.
Old 11-12-05, 09:05 AM   #10
PrahJect
Champion

IP: 7160 A16F

Well im at a local label like you know..so ill tell u the contract I got..and maybe itll help u decide...

-50 percent of the money I process through singles/albums go to the label and 50 to me

-All the lyrical loyalties belong to me...(the rights to the lyrics)...so if an artist wud leave hed have the right to them

-Distrubution is free..and they give me like lil things...such as a driver but thas not necessary

-I have a clause saying I must produce atleast one album with the label..

-They set up Radio/Tv/.Studio appearences and equipment

Thats all I can think of atm...if I find anythin else when I go through my contract after lunch ill tell you..hope that helps..wait i found summin:

"360 records group will hold no responsibility for loss of profit, loss of work, or loss of life as we are not an insurance company, this can be arranged through the musicians network please ask 360 records CEO. "

^^Extract from my contract..u shud add that

"In any case of this 12 month contract terminating for any reason prematurely the artist will be notified and all material, which is property of the artist, will be signed over immediately. 360 records group will hold no responsibility for plagiarism on Intermentals behalf assuming Artist agrees with terms sign form below. "

^
another one...may help

OK for quirks...set up appearences...give studio time at youres..pay for promotion for the artist...hope it helps
Old 11-12-05, 09:22 AM   #11
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 3DC8 5988

EFECX, ThaQ knows what he's doing, stop asking so many questions lol

yeah, we talked about this on AIM Michael, just read them books I listed you, use your common sense as a person, music lover and artist and I'm sure you'll make this a reality

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 09:22 AM   #12
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: 21E2 EA6B

use the bonus to help set up ur own lil studio seeing as how their gonna take a percentage of ur money to get that bonus back anywayz..... that takes care of studio time........ make sure the percentages r taken from ur profit........ if something happens, and ppl just ain't coppin ur shit, they'll try to get their money back somehow.......

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 09:23 AM   #13
chip

^they like to do that lil "u owe me for my services" shit........ so when they feel they can't make any more money off of u, they'll take ur money from u........

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Old 11-12-05, 09:27 AM   #15
chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
EFECX, ThaQ knows what he's doing, stop asking so many questions lol

yeah, we talked about this on AIM Michael, just read them books I listed you, use your common sense as a person, music lover and artist and I'm sure you'll make this a reality

hmmmmm............ r u signing him?

-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled