RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-05, 02:37 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Discuss Memories and Post Pics of the BEST PARTS of the city you rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP: 1ADC A69C

Tha Q

Born: Howard University Hospital in N.W. Washington, D.C.
Raised: 18th Street, N.E. Washington, D.C.

Special Memories: I can remember when Michael Jackson performed at RFK stadium up the street from my grandmother's house. I was really young. RFK stadium is in N.E. D.C., walking distance from my grandma's old apartment: 840 18th Street, N.E.

2. My aunts, cousins, and I used to go to this carry-out called "WINGS-N-MORE-WINGS" because they had the BOMB mumbo sauce. If you don't know what MUMBO sauce is, you AINT GHETTO!!!!!!!! hahaa...They used to always tell me a story about how someone tried to rob the carryout and the Koreans who owned it locked him in the store and hacked him up. After that, I was always scared to go inthat place.

3. Rosedale pool: Now, that pool was TRULY ghetto. You know how all the kids in the hood would be at the pool when summer hits. Well, ROSEDALE was that pool where I grew up. I remember people pissin in the pool and doin all sorts of nasty shit in that place.

4. The carnival under the railway. Next to RFK stadium, there was a railway which would host the annual carnival. I remember going there with my uncle Buster and my cousin Monique. THe only memory I have of that carnival is going down this HUGE silver slide and burning my leg badly when I fell off the lil cloth they give you to slide on.

5. Hechinger Mall... Hechingers went out of business some years ago. But, Hechinger mall was up the street from my grandma's place. Hechingers was a hardware store like Home Depot is now. They also had a Safeway at the mall and a pizza place called GODFATHER'S. I remember one night my cousin Monique and I kept prank calling them and ordering loads of pizzas...haaaa

6. The "BIG" yard...On the side of my grandma's apartment building, there used to be a grass fenced-in yard we called the "BIG" yard cuz it seemed HUGE at the time. Now, when I drive by there, it's small as hell. But, when you're a child, I guess everything seems grander. I remember being bored and stuffing leaves in platic bags, tying the bags to the tree, and swinging at it like it was my punching bag. I also remember my mother hiding easter eggs out there for us to find.

7. Tikee...BASTARD...this guy was probably a child molester...I remember him sayin all kinds of mean shit to me when I could have been no older than 6 or 7 years old. He used to ask me for shit all the time. I don't think I could have any junk food without him asking for it. In retrospect, he was probably 15-17 years old. But, again, when ur 6,7, everything seems exaggerrated to you.

D.C. is a beautiful place. But, it's like the twilight zone. You can literally drive less than ONE MILE and go from an upscale area to the ghetto. I was driving by 1500 Pennsylvanis Avenue (the white house is 1600 Penn Ave) and by the time I hit 2700 Penn Ave, I was back in the hood. The "worst" part of D.C. would be Southeast D.C. The hardest areas in S.E. would be "Barry Farms" and "Wheeler Road" and Anacostia. Those are places you DO NOT drive just to be DRIVING through. People kill you for NO DAMN REASON in S.E. My step father was Car Jacked in Barry Farms a couple years ago. They kit him in the head with a gun, took his car, but abandoned it because they didn't know how to drive STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine!....Anyway, I live in Maryland now, Prince George's COunty, the suburbs of Washington, D.C. D.C. is simply too expensive to live in. If you want a nice apartment on Connecticut Avenue (by the National Zoo), it cost 1200 a month for an EFFICIENCY! Fuck ONE BEDROOM, an EFFECIENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, in PG County where I live, you can get a pretty decent apartment for 900 a month.

Here are some pictures of the more Scenic areas of Washington.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 02:38 PM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

Old 12-01-05, 02:39 PM   #3
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 14F6 545E

*Waits for "I can't post nice piczzzzzzz of my area bckuz i be livin in da hood yo!" posts*

Should be any minute now...
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 12-01-05, 03:00 PM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

hmmm...i dunno...even the worst cities have "nice" areas...............right?
Old 12-01-05, 06:52 PM   #5
Magic5

IP: 2361 1E5E

u'z ayent gowen ta bey seain da picz of ma hoood cauze itz to rough herez fa ya faeke ass gangtaz!!
Old 12-01-05, 07:00 PM   #6
Mike Macs
Flyweight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 0EBE 2B74

Ha, funny how niggas like to brag but don't back it, considerin they so called 'hood' is as gangsta as a Brady Bunch throwback....