RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-05, 10:22 AM   #1
Sik Wit It

Ice Cube Breaks The Racial Boundry of Reality TV

IP: 5985 7037

Rapper and producer Ice Cube known for his role as a leading member of N.W.A. creates a TV show where a black family learns what it's like to be white while a white family becomes black in the six-part documentary series "Black. White," scheduled for broadcast on the FX cable network in March.

Makeup temporarily transforms the two families for the series developed by filmmaker R.J. Cutler and actor-rapper Ice Cube.

"The loud message of the show is that we are a divided nation," says Cutler, who won an Emmy for outstanding reality program for "American High." "But we can come together if we're willing to talk about our differences and work to see the world through the eyes of other people."

For the run of the show, the Sparks family of Atlanta and the Wurgel family of Santa Monica share a home in the San Fernando Valley.

But with makeup, Brian and Renee Sparks and their son, Nick, are transformed from black to white. Bruno and Carmen Wurgel and their daughter, Rose, become black.

The race-changing makeup, administered by Oscar-nominated artist Keith VanderLaan, took three to five hours per family member.

"We're doing something that has never been done before that advances in makeup technology allow," says Cutler, who also produced the Oscar-nominated documentary "The War Room."

The show's creators say the switch changes the families' core values in ways they could not have imagined.

" 'Black. White' will force people to challenge themselves and really examine where we stand in terms of race in this country," Ice Cube says
Old 12-12-05, 07:54 PM   #3
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: DF10 FA26

Concept sounds great..

Only problem though, is that both races are extremily diverse and no ONE family can represent how things are done in familys spanning across that entire race..

And just you watch.. They will pick some panzy ass business class suberbian rich family and label them as being "the average white family" that is extremily ignorant of most aspects of real life and they will pretend that all white people are like this..

Fucking with our image....
This show has a really fucking big potential to straight up annoy the fucking shit out of me...
Old 12-20-05, 11:05 AM   #4
KriZ
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-3
IP: 9E82 E784

Who ever watches it based on the review might see things other ppl dont usually see. Based on the review i might watch it. But I dunno :/.
Old 12-22-05, 06:59 AM   #5
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 82D2 23F5

Ice cube no longer intrsts me since he starred in that film with the big snake attackin errybody.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-05, 02:01 AM   #6
CapZ
New to RV

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B93D 012D

i think i'ma check that out

~1~

Dios Vs CapZ [1-2]
NEED REAL VOTES!
Old 12-24-05, 02:08 AM   #7
Magic5

IP: 1CA3 E3DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Concept sounds great..

Only problem though, is that both races are extremily diverse and no ONE family can represent how things are done in familys spanning across that entire race..

And just you watch.. They will pick some panzy ass business class suberbian rich family and label them as being "the average white family" that is extremily ignorant of most aspects of real life and they will pretend that all white people are like this..

Fucking with our image....
This show has a really fucking big potential to straight up annoy the fucking shit out of me...

I'm going to pissed if that's what happens.

The concept for the show sounds dope, so I will be tuning in, but that will be the most homo shit ever if that happens.