RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-06, 10:51 AM   #1
Sik Wit It

Jay-Z & Nas Put Beef In The Past For New Album

IP: 5985 7037

Rap stars Jay Z and Nas reconcile, as Nas’ first album on Def Jam Recordings is released later this year, it will mark the latest sign of peace in his truce with fellow rapper Jay Z, the label’s president.

Nas' switch to Def Jam, after an 11-year partnership at Columbia, come on the heels of the two rappers on-stage make up last October during R&B/hip-hop WWPR New York's Power House concert.

The two battled over who would be next in line to wear the New York rap crown, following the 1997 death of the Notorious B.I.G. The feud kicked off in 2001 when Nas' "Ether" went against Jay-Z's mocking "The Takeover."

Nas (born Nasir Jones) told Billboard that "battling back and forth is tired. Hip hop should be (about) moving to the next level.

"It was time for (the beefing) to go in a direction, that benefits the people who live for and love hip hop. Our whole point is to move hip hop to a much bigger level."

As part of Nas' four album deal with Def Jam, he will get his own imprint, The Jones experience.

Def Jam and Columbia will become financial partners in Nas' first two albums. Def Jam will control A&R, promotion and distribution for the two sets, while the labels share marketing. The recording budget for each album is $3 million.

Nas is working on the first joint album. Although it is widely assumed that Jay-Z will appear on the song, Nas would say only that guests and producers are still being decided.
Old 02-01-06, 12:16 AM   #2
GKillaz05
Killin' G'z

Text Record: 70-25
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0A09 2FF0

Lets hope this doesnt turn out like it did when Jay-Z collabed with R-Kelly.. lol
B.E.S.T

Crew
TAKE MY ADVICE FROM PEOPLE FROM CANADA nd FUCK YA LYFE
Send a message via MSN to GKillaz05 Send a message via Yahoo to GKillaz05   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-06, 02:03 AM   #3
Mc Wicked
Flyweight

IP: 4B18 4765

I dont know about yall but Nas and Jay on the same track is gonna be fuckin pimpin
Old 02-01-06, 12:46 PM   #4
-Substance-
Oye...Tu Sabes..!!

Text Record: 18-7
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 8-5
IP: F1FC 4749

nas is ill as fuck adn jay-z is tight so it better be hot...........

Send a message via AIM to -Substance- Send a message via MSN to -Substance-   Reply With Quote