RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-06, 10:33 AM   #1
Sik Wit It

NYPD Scolds Busta Over Shooting Silence

IP: 5985 7037

The NYPD commissioner told reporters Wednesday that silence by many witnesses regarding the Israel Ramirez killing, especially former friend and potential key witness Busta Rhymes, is hurting the investigation. "I'd think he'd be knocking on the door. ... If your employee's murdered in front of you, you think you might want to talk to the police," said Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

Police believe Trevor "Busta Rhymes" Smith knows much more than he has let on about the shooting that occurred Feb. 5th outside a studio where he was creating his latest video. "I find it quite disturbing," Commissioner Kelly said about the lack of cooperation concerning an incident that went down in front of dozens of people assembled for the project. He warned that if investigators continue to be ignored by witnesses some may be forced to appear before a grand jury.

Busta Rhymes initially said he was not present during the shooting then reportedly told Ramirez’s wife that the body guard stepped in front of him as an unidentified man aimed a gun at someone in their vicinity. Busta was one of several people who left the scene after 29 year old Israel Ramirez was shot dead in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Police believe an argument over Swiss Beats’ artist Cassidy, between G-Unit’s Marvin "Tony Yayo" Bernard and the Ruff Ryders producer, lead to the shooting. Police also claim the gunman fled the scene in Bernard’s vehicle. They later found a semiautomatic pistol in a clear lot close by, that they think was used in the incident, according to a spokesperson.

Bernard’s attorney sent a letter to New York prosecutors saying the emcee denies any involvement in the shooting and does not want to talk to the police. "Please make sure he is not contacted and/or harassed by NYPD," Attorney Scott Leemon wrote. The shooting reportedly occurred around 1:30AM after an argument which began inside moved to the street. "There was some pushing and shoving going on when an individual took out a gun and fired at least eight shots," said police. Some five hundred extras were gathered outside the set where Missy Elliot, members of 50 Cent’s G-Unit camp and some of the Ruff Ryders were due to make cameos, when the incident took place.

"[Tony]Yayo was talking sh-- to Swizz Beatz, Dee and Waah [Darrin and Joaquin Dean, CEOs of Ruff Ryders Entertainment]," one witness said. "Then Yayo started talking to Busta, saying, 'My bad, I'm not trying to disrespect you. I ain't gonna make it hot.’" Marvin "Tony Yayo" Bernard was released from prison in 2004 after serving a four month sentence for carrying a fake passport a day after he was released after serving about two years for weapons-possession charges.

Israel Ramirez reportedly used to work security for G-Unit Records. Ramirez is survived by a wife and three young children. Interscope Records nor representatives for Busta Rhymes have released a statement about the killing. Police want to question Smith, Bernard and Swiss Beats.
Old 03-08-06, 05:52 PM   #2
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: B431 825C

Anythin develope from this???

I think Busta had the dude killed, I heard there was an apparent ''exchange of words'' between the 2 of 'em about 4 days before Ramirez was gunned down.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote