RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-06, 10:10 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

umm...Traitor or not...Fake? I don't think so...hol up

IP: 64CA 6C26

Hey...You know when rappers come out of the "hood", make it big, then return back to the hood? Well, I can understand giving back to your community and fixing things up. But, just like this latest incident with Proof, why do they feel like they have to "hang out" there in the same areas when they were broke? Aiyo, I'm sorry, if I made it Big, you would NOT see me "hanging out" in the same broke ass areas I was when I didn't have money. I'd move my family the fuck out of there, and get the hell out of dodge. Now, I'd donate money to those areas, maybe even support the local boys and girls' clubs. But, as far as me "chillin" on the corner once I've achieved a level of success is a big HELL NAW. These rappers who go back to the hood to chill feel like they're being "real". I don't see it that way. They're being real stupid to act like they're "just one of the fellas" when the chains around their necks cost more than most of the cars in that hood. STAY OUT THE FUGGIN HOOD PEOPLE! I'd definitely give back. But, I'm sorry, I would not surround myself with negative people and influences like that once I've "made it".

Does that make me a traitor?

iono...They can say what they want. You don't see Bill Clinton "chillin in the local bar" back in red-neck Arkansas where he grew up. But, has Bill given back to his community? I believe so, many times over.

Once you achieve that level of success, you are no longer "one of the fellas."

ehh ehh

Holla bac

Last edited by Tha Q. : 04-11-06 at 10:15 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-06, 10:16 AM   #2
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

you hit the nail right on the head with that one for real...

if my producing career ever took off in a big way...south london can choke on my dust

niggas there hate in a big way it's not even a joke
Old 04-11-06, 10:18 AM   #3
BigTony.Self

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 05CC A0B1

if people feel comfortable with there surroundings then there no telling them to get out .proof felt at home where he was and saw no need to leave or do any different !

Bringing back the oldschool hiphop
Old 04-11-06, 10:28 AM   #4
G Deuce
Artist, that simple

Text Record: 13-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 62FD 3E12

Yea, i think it depends on your situation. Cause, there's always gonna be haters no matterr where you go.
Old 04-11-06, 10:28 AM   #5
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

I say who cares?

stay where you feel comfortable

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 04-11-06, 11:14 AM   #6
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

LV don't live in the 'hood anyway, so this is really nothing I can relate to LMAO

where I live is on the Top 5 list of suburban areas surrounding Houston
with the lowest crime rates

but I definetly agree with you Q, I don't know why people even glorify aand damn near "argue" about who had it worse in their 'hood either...it's all pointless, more people got killed where you live than where your homeboi lives so it makes you more of a "man" cuz of that?...pathetic...and if I did live in the 'hood, soon as I got some money my ass would be gone and taking my family with me...people have such a misconstrued view of things, the only people that argue and "hate" on those that "get out" are the ones that are jealous because they don't see a way out for themselves

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by RYU... : 04-11-06 at 11:17 AM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-06, 11:53 AM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
but proof wasnt hangin on the corner he was comin out a club

Yea...but look at how he and other rappers carry themselves...They have this thug/gangsta fetish that just caught up to them...They came from that and couldn't leave it alone...

If you listen to him and other rappers in interviews, they still have this, "Yea, we beat em down" attitude that's just dumb to me...At some point, you have to grow up and grow out that shit...People who are STUCK in the hood claim you have to have that attitude to survive. Okay...But, why is a famous celebrity still acting/thinking that way?

Doesn't make sense...

This is the very reason mainstream america still thinks rap is a violent artform...cuz it is

Then, when people accuse rap of being violent, people are quick to get defensive like, "NAH, ALL RAP ISN'T LIKE DAT"

^Blah...one spoiled apple (way of thinking) ruins the bunch...And, too many rappers have been lost to violence now.

FUCK HANGING OUT IN THE HOOD ONCE YOU'VE MADE IT.

dats how I see it
Old 04-11-06, 12:15 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
do u hang out wit famous rappers???? do u really know how they act in real life in real scenarios??? u do relaize that interview shit is just all marketing, teyin to show that they do the shit they claim they do in their songz

Oh...don't get me wrong...I know most of these rappers live in the burbs with their wives and kids...But, like I stated before, too many, too many rappers have been lost to violence.
Old 04-11-06, 12:22 PM   #12
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
lets look at whos been lost

eazy-e died of health problems not from actin gangst or hangin in the hood

pac and big died from gettin gunned down in which both was not their fault

jam master jay got gunned wasnt his fault and i dont tihnk he ever acted gangsta
big pun died form health problems and i dont actually know y big L died

and i tihnk thats it

and now we hav proof which just happened so we cant really speak on it just giv guesses on wat happened and y really

Waaaaay more than that son...I'll have a list compiled soon...

And, you named about 5 rappers who were shot...Bro, we are so desensitized to violence in rap that that seems normal...like "oh, it's only five FAMOUS RAPPERS who were shot and killed."

WTF man
Old 04-11-06, 12:39 PM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
i was tlakin bout big time rappers

BUT LOOK AT HOW THEY DIED AND Y AND IT HAS NUTIHN TO DO WIT GANGSTA LIFE OR VIOLENCE THAT THEY LIVED

and it hink u take it 2 serious i mean just cause they famous dont mean im desensitized form violence maybe im just more real, people die everyday rich and poor get over it i dont know them so its like watever just like i here on the newz so n so was murdered im like dam thats 2 bad but it dont mean im decensitized to it cause come on after that report and the next 1 is on u never giv those people another thought again in your life unles u telin sum1 else or are mentionin it to sum1

nah son...You can't say "people die everyday" in the context of rappers who die by gun violence...That is not the norm. But, it happens and has happened enough to be a cause for concern...We are de-sensitized to violence as a society...That's why you can say "Only 5 have been shot" and it not be alarming to you. At least, you don't seem alarmed. I think it's a serious problem.