RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-06, 07:33 PM   #1
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
the difference between a mc and a rapper (you d4L cocklovers need to read )

IP: AD99 D578

there is a big difference in these i dont consider rap to be part of hip hop beacuse it wasnt there when hip hop began so its not a element
while mcing has been when hip hop started it began with mcing most of yall no this story so im not gonna keep going but anyways like i was sayin
ther is a differance between a mc and a rapper which is something alot of you forget

FIRST OF ALL A MC CAN BE A RAPPER

BUT A RAPPER CAN NEVER BE A MC

here is a Good example

METHOD MAN = mc +rapper

why meth well he knows how to move a crowd like a mc
and is a lyricist . he is rapper because he sets trends and people follow him
same goes foe eminem tupac biggie nas these people are both

next example

MC

KRS-one
he isnt seen as some one who sets trend but he a mc most and formost he is about lyrics never realy cares about what others think he can move the crowd
this is a mc as do others

Rapper
this is some one who was created by the record label hip hop never created a rapper the industry did
this is what you have to understand

a good example of a rapper is lil john he doesnt write his own lyrics he just cares about selling record has no creativity the also change there style to fit in with what ever is hot this is not hip hop

so to some it up rap is not part of hip hop mc is
Old 05-05-06, 09:28 PM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 2B7A 2084

u can't create talent

sorry

And, ENTERTAINING is a talent...

Which is why Missy (though some people disagree) is talented. You might not like her talents, but she's talented. She's entertaining.

I have an ability to evoke emotion from people. That = a talent. The names you named are simply talented at what they're talented at, some more than others. That doesn't make them "real" MCs as opposed to others you label as "just rappers" in a disparaging way.

Consider this. Tiger Woods is the best golfer in the world, PERIOD. He can do EVERYTHING pertaining to gold extraordinarily well. Take someone who doesn't play as well as he does. Does that make him a "real" golfer and the other guy "not a real golfer"? No. It just means Tiger brings something different and extra to the table. The same can be said when comparing D4L and KRS-1. And, believe it or not, not everyone loves or respects Tiger Woods, even though he is the greatest golfer on the planet.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 09:39 PM   #3
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
u can't create talent

sorry

And, ENTERTAINING is a talent...

Which is why Missy (though some people disagree) is talented. You might not like her talents, but she's talented. She's entertaining.

I have an ability to evoke emotion from people. That = a talent. The names you named are simply talented at what they're talented at, some more than others. That doesn't make them "real" MCs as opposed to others you label as "just rappers" in a disparaging way.

Consider this. Tiger Woods is the best golfer in the world, PERIOD. He can do EVERYTHING pertaining to gold extraordinarily well. Take someone who doesn't play as well as he does. Does that make him a "real" golfer and the other guy "not a real golfer"? No. It just means Tiger brings something different and extra to the table. The same can be said when comparing D4L and KRS-1. And, believe it or not, not everyone loves or respects Tiger Woods, even though he is the greatest golfer on the planet.

i wasnt sayin any one was better

and consider this Jo lewis is the greatest boxer ever right he step in the ring with a kick boxer the kick boxer kick but jo lewis doesnt is that fair thats the way i look at it

what im trying to say is they are to completely differnt thing
a rapper and a mc

also if you say records sale make you a good mc that is bull shit
lets put that in affect THEN mike tyson would be the greatest boxer ever
cause he filled up the register but he isnt as skilled as Ali or joe lewis or sugar ray

a rapper and a mc
Old 05-05-06, 09:43 PM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknes
i wasnt sayin any one was better

and consider this Jo lewis is the greatest boxer ever right he step in the ring with a kick boxer the kick boxer kick but jo lewis doesnt is that fair thats the way i look at it

a rapper and a mc

also if you say records sale make you a good mc that is bull shit
lets put that in affect THEN mike tyson would be the greatest boxer ever
cause he filled up the register but he isnt as skilled as Ali or joe lewis or sugar ray

a rapper and a mc

Yea...but aren't you implying that an emcee is somehow "greater" than someone who is a rapper? If that's the case, what do you base that on? KRS-1 is an emcee...okay...But, has KRs-1 ever sold out Madison Square Garden? Has KRs-1 even sold 10 million of the same record? I could argue that rappers who did the aforementioned are "greater" for that simple fact. It's what you prioritize.
Old 05-05-06, 09:57 PM   #5
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Quote:
Yea...but aren't you implying that an emcee is somehow "greater" than someone who is a rapper? If that's the case, what do you base that on? KRS-1 is an emcee...okay...But, has KRs-1 ever sold out Madison Square Garden? Has KRs-1 even sold 10 million of the same record? I could argue that rappers who did the aforementioned are "greater" for that simple fact. It's what you prioritize.

thats like sayin alex rodriguez is better than babe ruth cause he had 250 million dollar contract

so acording to your theory a-rod >than ruth cause money

or like sayin mike tyson better than muhhmad ALI cause he sold more seat

your theory
MIKE TYSON > muhhmad ali cause money

shaquille o'neal > karrem abdul jabbar cause money

no i dont thnk so
Old 05-05-06, 10:01 PM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
thats like sayin alex rodriguez is better than babe ruth cause he had 250 million dollar contract

so acording to your theory a-rod >than ruth cause money

or like sayin mike tyson better than muhhmad ALI cause he sold more seat

your theory
MIKE TYSON > muhhmad ali cause money

shaquille o'neal > karrem abdul jabbar cause money

no i dont thnk so

NOPE...If 10 million people buy my album, it's because 10 million people felt me enough to buy it...

I'm saying that maybe there was something about TYSON that made people want to see him more than ALI...

Again, it's all different...

But, referring to D4l lovers as "cocksuckers" then saying D4l are not emcees implies that people you consider "emcees" are greater, which is your prerogative.

Old 05-05-06, 10:06 PM   #7
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Quote:
NOPE...If 10 million people buy my album, it's because 10 million people felt me enough to buy it...

I'm saying that maybe there was something about TYSON that made people want to see him more than ALI...

Again, it's all different...

But, referring to D4l lovers as "cocksuckers" then saying D4l are not emcees implies that people you consider "emcees" are greater, which is your prerogative.

see you got the term mc mixed up with rapper
they are gimmick rap crew

and why are u argueing with me i remember when i sent you the fishscale album you said i like ghostface cause he has no gimmicks he is a real mc
i have the post if you dont believe me
Old 05-05-06, 10:08 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
see you got the term mc mixed up with rapper
they are gimmick rap crew

and why are u argueing with me i remember when i sent you the fishscale album you said i like ghostface cause he has no gimmicks he is a real mc
i have the post if you dont believe me

I would never say, "he is a real mc"...

I said he is REAL/PURE HIP HOP. There were no comparisons drawn between "emcee" and "rapper". That's something you're arguing, not I.

Old 05-05-06, 10:13 PM   #9
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
and where can I DL this album, or some songs?

I love Ghostface Killah...
He is a real emcee.

^^Let me clarify. I didn't say that in the context of comparing or contrasting emcee to "rapper"...
Old 05-05-06, 10:14 PM   #10
locknes
its WU muthafucka

ok then whats this

and where can I DL this album, or some songs?

I love Ghostface Killah...
He is a real emcee.
Old 05-05-06, 10:15 PM   #11
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
^^Let me clarify. I didn't say that in the context of comparing or contrasting emcee to "rapper"...

^^Again...

emcee/rapper...I use them interchangeably...I wasn't comparing the two.
Old 05-05-06, 10:20 PM   #12
locknes
its WU muthafucka

yes you find an excuse for everything and for your information ghostface never had beef with biggie
Old 05-05-06, 10:28 PM   #13
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
yes you find an excuse for everything and for your information ghostface never had beef with biggie

ur tone isn't necessary bruh...

and Ghostface dissed biggie.

PS...Ur welcome for the info I gave u in the PM.

Old 05-05-06, 10:33 PM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

Rap is not part of hip hop?

phew

Old 05-05-06, 10:37 PM   #15
Ms. Get Gully
Ms. Get Gully

Text Record: 0-4
Audio Record: 0-4
IP: 4275 AF6B

wtf u are dumb as hell..who the fuck rofl...

First of all.. there's no one on D4L's dick. I myself think they are whack. so get your facts str8 idiot.

second of all. how and the fuck are you going to sit here and decipher the difference between Rapping and Mc'ing. are you really that dumb? I cant even ponder on this shyt its so foul. Mc's are rappers you duck..

Rapping/mc'ing however you want to put it is one of the elements in hip hop . NUFF FUCKING SAID

it doesnt have shit to do with talent or lyrics or the impact the artist had in the hip hop community stop trying to look past something thats so simplistic.
D4L is hip hop just as well as your hip hop because YOU RAP. your talent means nothing..we arent judging who the fuck is better hip hop and who's not. THats totally different from what i was speaking of.. IM speaking about people saying certain rap artists arent hip hop ..but they only reason for saying that is be cause they think the person lacks lyrical ability. which is stupid....thats just like saying to someone who graffs that they arent hip hop because the shit they tag up is whack..are you serious? come on man.. its not that hard to understand..'