RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-06, 11:13 PM   #1
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
Forgiveness

IP: 94A2 DED2

Ok, I have a really hard time staying mad at someone for too long, basically because I forgive people and understand why they would do something that they did. It's really fuckin whack when you hate someone and then stop hating them, but they STILL hate you and you wanna try and be coo but they just don't forgive like you do. Based on Christian doctrines, I'm doing the right thing by forgiving, BUT they didn't ask for forgiveness, so I'm either a really good and forgiving person or a big old softy.

How about you guys, how easily do you forgive people? Does it take time, or explanations, or them asking for forgiveness, or what for you to forgive someone for something?

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 05-27-06, 11:18 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

I never forgive people. I haven't talked to my dad for like 2 years and he LIVES with me. I would actually kill someone for fuckin with me now. I have to truly need somebody in order to forgive them. Otherwise, I just hope they die/kill them.
Old 05-27-06, 11:22 PM   #3
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

So basically, you believe in God and his ways, yet someone needs to be useful to you for you to forgive them?

Track of the week:

Old 05-27-06, 11:26 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

I'm iffy on the image of God. To me he created the world and we make our own miracles and everything is on earth. And I make my own morals based off what I've learned. And what I've learned is the more you forgive people the easier it is for them to fuck you over again and again. I swear if everytime ppl offered to shake my hand I knocked them the fuck out, they woudlnt offer it again. People are like little fuckin kids they need to be punished when they do something wrong. But eh, forgiveness = not me. Of course I think its wrong, but I'm not trying to be a role model, I'm just mad. And I stay mad.
Old 05-27-06, 11:32 PM   #5
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

So people are basically little children in your opinion? From what I'm getting, it's okay for you to be the way you are but if other people are, there's a problem. For example, what if everytime YOU fucked up someone just gave up on you, that someone being some you love and care about. Basically what I'm trying to say is, if someone did the same thing to you, you'd think they were wrong (don't lie) but if you do it, it's ok. Imagine your mom giving you food when you were a kid and you threw it on the ground, so she never gave you food again. That's not logical, you punish them (let's say she doesn't give you food just once) and from that you learn to accept the food. Continual punishment becomes harmful in some cases, so therefore forgiveness is needed.

Track of the week:

Old 05-27-06, 11:35 PM   #6
Indeph
Not_Indeph

I didnt think I'd have to state any backup argument against me. 1st off I said people are LIKE little kids, everyone's like that. That just standing for learning right and wrong by punishment. It's exactly like fighting someone for disrespecting you. And I thought it'd be obvious for you to tell this, but it depends on the magnitude of what they did. If someone lossed a pencil I lent them I'd say its fine. But if someone killed my family I wouldn't forgive them. Even if I could "understand" why they did it, everyone has a reason for everything. That doesn't mean I'm gonna forgive them, them niggas got to pay, and they will.
Old 05-27-06, 11:38 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

And plus my emotional attachment with them plays a part. It's easier to forgive someone you love other than someone you hate. C'mon this is simple shit. It's not even all that complicated.
Old 05-28-06, 12:26 AM   #8
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

But not everyone kills your family, almost nothing is that serious. But whatever.

Track of the week:

Old 05-28-06, 12:27 AM   #9
Indeph
Not_Indeph

How serious something is, depends on who it is. And I decide what's serious, no one else.
Old 05-28-06, 12:28 AM   #10
Indeph
Not_Indeph

And obviously the "kill your family" statement was just showing an example of the level of significants of what they did.
Old 05-28-06, 12:31 AM   #11
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

No shit? But you already said the only people you forgive are people who you can't live without, so everything about the significance is nullified unless we're talking about people you need and in that case, you would more then likely forgive them for 99.9% of the things they do, right?

Track of the week:

Old 05-28-06, 12:33 AM   #12
Indeph
Not_Indeph

My opinions shouldn't be taken personal with you. And I didnt mean it like that. I meant it like, if I care about the person. If I hate the person I'm not gonna forgive them. And most of the people who fuck me over I already hated to begin with. The magnitude of what they did has to be lower than how much I care about them or else I wont forgive them. Understand?
Old 05-28-06, 12:40 AM   #13
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Who's taking anything personal? All I see you saying is that you either hate people or care about them. How would someone who you hate to BEGIN with really be able to get close enough to you to "fuck you over"? Why are you even talking to them if you hate them is what I'm saying. I know what you're saying and I understand but you make it seem so illogical.

Track of the week:

Old 05-28-06, 12:42 AM   #14
Indeph
Not_Indeph

That's kind of my point. WHat makes you hate someone in the 1st place? Usually something they did or how they act, which is also something they did. You asked why should you be around people you hate? It's the same concept as forgiveness. If someone fucks you over than you shouldn't be talking to them in the 1st place.
Old 05-28-06, 12:45 AM   #15
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 2B7A 2084

Well, Jesus said if we forgive other people, God will forgive us. But, if we don't forgive other people, neither will God forgive us. It's not that people "deserve" forgiveness, but we ourselves deserve to cut the chain of illwill that links us to a hostile event in time. We owe it to ourselves to forgive people so that we can move on.

I don't have a hard time forgiving someone. But, once someone crosses me, I'm pretty much done with them. I feel like this. How many times will I give someone the opportunity to do the same thing to me? Nah...

God is definitely more graceful than we are.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote