RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-06, 04:06 AM   #1
ayo . audrey
Light Weight

what the fuck have we come too

IP: 7C7A 53F7

if you don't intend on reading click out now

my fellow black people this one is for you..

What have we come to ya'll. I was sitting back and thinking about all of the kinds of things in hip hop that i dislike or consider a disgrace to the movement and all of the rest of that....... and what i failed to realize is ....im stemming all thats going on.... In the beggining of hiphop, we as a race of blacks were making music to get messages out that no one wanted to hear.....it was raw, it was rugged, and on the other side of things, we were being shunned by all who didn't exactly see the same views that we're seeing. Somehow, the script has been flipped. It seems as though niggas are selling their souls left and right for the wrong reasons and for the things that the white man have made 'acceptable' or 'prosperous'...... people who truly understand hiphop know all of this already....but what we don't get is....who's in the wrong anymore.......why are we as a culture reverting back to exactly what we were fighting against in the first place? 3 6 mafia wins an oscar.....and yet we as appreciaters of hiphop shun what we have been shunned for in the past. somehow things don't seem right here. dont get me wrong, i truly believe that things in the industry are not what they used to be, the message isnt the same, the movement is no longer mobile, cats that are underground arent speaking up..... but we've become an enemy on the side of the war that we were once fighting on. what do you think the white man wants but for us to start dividing?

and this dates back for a while. the whole east coast west coast thing. if a nigga is real on the east he should be just as real on the west, the respect should be given, the buzz should be just as strong. but somehow instead of appreciating the differentiation in styles, we disagree with it and call it whack....is that or is it not what white people did against hiphop in the early days. all im saying is this, those who are 'selling out' are only selling out physically.....us on the other hand, have been taught that if its not how we do it, or not what we have been accustomed to, its not acceptable. intentions may not be the same, but however you come up is however you come up.why pass judgement on someone whos doing what they need to do. for all us "radicals" its not like we'd completely give up everything for the art. i can tell you right now if you had a choice of being broke and on the corner and still trying to find the soul of hiphop or living wealthy and not caring, the majority of us would take the second one, and thats just human nature, be it right or wrong. we all want to be properous. the problem with that is, some people are more focused on just being prosperous than others.in no way shape or form am i saying that i would forget about hiphop, throw a grill in my mouth like kelis, and shake my ass in a lil jon video..... but honestly, to say that those who are, are disgracing us because they are doing better than we are for less effort is wrong. My point is this...you can not like something, but there should never be a time where you consider something you dont like to be of lesser value than what you believe. hiphop started out to be about equality, to be listened too because we're people too, and now niggas are saying that 50 cent shouldnt be listened to becuz he's garbage? that nigga has a message too, whether i agree with the bullshit he talks about or not.....i think on both sides of this coin we should be re-evaluating ourselves. the war between underground and mainstream, east coast and west coast (that yes it still lives), hiphop and rap...it needs to stop. i think i'll be the first to bite my tongue and give respect to all of those in the game.....ALL OF THOSE. every politiaclly incorrect, or uneducated nigga that there may be who's fuckin with this hiphop thing, respect to you yo, keep doin your do.
im out ya'lll

if u disagree, i could give 2 fucks, chances are you need to be a little less militant and/or a little bit more educated and open minded.

drop your 2 cents please and thank you.
my mouth is a speaker, i'm anchorin' the misery
there's no friends, i ennemy 'em
my greatest enemy, is my inner me
Send a message via AIM to ayo . audrey Send a message via Yahoo to ayo . audrey   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 04:24 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 67D5 4B8C

Ok look..

Pop culture in general these days is wack as fuck. Its not a black thing, its an everyone thing.

New age white culture is full of sell-outs and dumb fucks with no sense of historical awareness or admiration for being something more than just arogant bullshit artists who take everything we have for granted and live a compleatly superficial life with no interest in higher concepts.

Its not just hip hop........Its television, its radio stations, its the internet, its movies..

People are so concearned with political correctness these days that we are feeding a 'watered down' version of life to our children in the form of what they pick up from the media.

Kids these days are learning vital lessons of life off a TV screen or computer.. And this generates massive misconceptions essentually degrading the intelligence of a race who spawned from a previous one who learnt all their lessons in real life from experience.

Yeah, you may just want to talk about black culture here.. But you need to understand this is a far more wide spread problem than just inside your own race.

And FYI-- There are still a lot of rap artists who bring a real message today. But pop culture, being the overly pompus unexperienced brainwashed crowds who live for the moment, only use music as a form of release from life. A lot of people dont want to hear a 'real message' in their music, they just want to get their dance on and have a good time. Which is why they sell so many more units than your regular message pushing intelligent starving artist with music that deals with life's more heavy issues.

You have to learn to respect certain styles of music for what they are... A lot of artists arnt out to change the world, they just want to live the life.
Old 06-28-06, 05:41 AM   #3
ayo . audrey
Light Weight

i'm aware that there are still "good" artists.. but as far as what's being put out ? gosh no.
Send a message via AIM to ayo . audrey Send a message via Yahoo to ayo . audrey   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 06:30 AM   #4
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Man, music is subjective...

You may hear a club track and think "wtf is this bullshit"

And someone else might hear the same track and go "fuck yeah this song goes off"

.......Just like you may hear some underground lyrical movement style track and love it, whereas someone who isnt as deep interlectually will think its just a bunch of shit talking...

Just because your faverite styles of music arnt getting the huge scale big time recognition like others are, doesent mean the industry is wrong... It just means the majority of dickheads out there arnt into the styles of music you are.
Old 06-28-06, 06:33 AM   #5
ayo . audrey
Light Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Man, music is subjective...

You may hear a club track and think "wtf is this bullshit"

And someone else might hear the same track and go "fuck yeah this song goes off"

.......Just like you may hear some underground lyrical movement style track and love it, whereas someone who isnt as deep interlectually will think its just a bunch of shit talking...

Just because your faverite styles of music arnt getting the huge scale big time recognition like others are, doesent mean the industry is wrong... It just means the majority of dickheads out there arnt into the styles of music you are.

did you not read the whole thing? cuz i swear i said

My point is this...you can not like something, but there should never be a time where you consider something you dont like to be of lesser value than what you believe.
Old 06-28-06, 06:35 AM   #6
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Yeah some of the mainstream shit comming out these days is trashy no brainer, thrown together in 20 minutes style songs..

But if it can get a club pumping......Who gives a fuck about lyrics?

Hell, I really enjoy mainstream rap when I'm out at a club... Its a good atmosphere..

Whereas in different situations, my music choices are way different...

I can apreciate shit for what it is beyond what my prejudice tells me I can and cant respect musically or artistically......
Old 06-28-06, 06:41 AM   #7
ayo . audrey
Light Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Yeah some of the mainstream shit comming out these days is trashy no brainer, thrown together in 20 minutes style songs..

But if it can get a club pumping......Who gives a fuck about lyrics?

Hell, I really enjoy mainstream rap when I'm out at a club... Its a good atmosphere..

Whereas in different situations, my music choices are way different...

I can apreciate shit for what it is beyond what my prejudice tells me I can and cant respect musically or artistically......

it's not even so much that, it's just like all these people are like oh i hate this and that cuz i can't relate..

but like.. that's YOU.. that's YOUR shit.. it doesn't mean that no one else can't relate... and i know that for a fact.. because everyone has a different perception of what good music is or whatever.. but my point is..

if all these idiots know what it is to be in the struggle, why the hell are they getting mad because people are getting by? i'm pretty sure if anyone had to choose between "spitting real shit and being broke" and "spitting what gets played on the radio and making cake" to pay their bills they'd choose the second one... because like i said it's only human nature
Old 06-28-06, 10:47 AM   #8
MC Venom
New to RV

Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: CA52 3803

I dont know.. I've always been able to embrace all parts of hip hop. Because like Nos pointed out, nobody's gonna get their freak on in a club to MF Doom or Atmosphere. You have to learn to appreciate art in whatever aesthetical form it takes if you expect to be a part of a movement for a long time.

"Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy."
Old 07-03-06, 09:15 AM   #9
Ms. Get Gully
Ms. Get Gully

Text Record: 0-4
Audio Record: 0-4
IP: 650B B754

word ive been saying this for a while now :-/

But my points were that hip hop aint dead. hip hop still exsists even in the industry..the rap industry is a part of hip hop still no matter the talent there..and for people to call those in the industry sell outs or anything of the sort is obsurd. Because we all want the finer things in life. and why hate on those who got it doing something they are good at?
Old 07-07-06, 11:55 AM   #10
ayo . audrey
Light Weight

IP: 99B7 D158

true.

but like i said in the UK hiphop thread. i dont even have that much against the music. cuz like Nos said if i'm in a club i don't wanna be listening to no shit on african american history. it's just like the message that it gives out for us as a culture. like when society sees this shit, they dont that these people have been hustlin all their life to get where they are now, and they dont see the struggle, they see a bunch of stupid dance dancing negroes. and im not part of that. i dont wanna be part of that.
Old 07-07-06, 08:55 PM   #11
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

I love how people think they can talk about hip hop and direct to a particular color, like hip hop isnt universal now.

Times change, stop living in the past.

Mainstream rap and pop culture alike, are to make music for the masses to generate money.

There are ALOT of true emcee in our industry that make movment music,message music, music fromt he heart.

turn your radio off then you will start hearing what you wish to hear.

Show support to the ones staying true,then you will hear what you wish to hear.

teach kids younger than you tryna come up in life, about the real essence of hip hop,then you will hear what you wish to hear.

Old 07-09-06, 05:53 AM   #12
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 42C3 2EB8

I've always wondered though..why people act like hip hop gettin a new direction is like the end of they life...

But on ther real..i dont know
Old 07-09-06, 04:45 PM   #13
The Gladiator
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: EC57 4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Get Gully
word ive been saying this for a while now :-/

But my points were that hip hop aint dead. hip hop still exsists even in the industry..the rap industry is a part of hip hop still no matter the talent there..and for people to call those in the industry sell outs or anything of the sort is obsurd. Because we all want the finer things in life. and why hate on those who got it doing something they are good at?

yea but we aint all calling rappers sell outs cuz they doin their thing
we love that they're doing there thing....but yes it is possible ta sell out
if the rapper starts ta care more bout what sells and starts writing shit just ta market off of..then he sold out cuz he truly dont mean what he sayin
like eminem....he started out in his rap career TRULY hating kim and loving her at the same time...now its been years after she even had anything ta do wit his life and people now know the deal with kim and marshals relationship
....now he's just writing bout how much he hates kim cuz it worked in the past and it still sells not because he truly means it anymore so there for he sold out cuz whatever he's doin he's doin ta make money and thats all

it aint cuz we all jealous of what point in their career that they're in
but fame and fortune is mentally dangourous to just about everyone
thats why u really gotta watch urself when ur in that position
shits tricky freal..it really can mess wit ur mind when u dont even realize it
Old 07-09-06, 05:29 PM   #14
Compose

IP: B95C 756C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid_Sense
I've always wondered though..why people act like hip hop gettin a new direction is like the end of they life...

But on ther real..i dont know

it may not be your life, but hip hop is my life, its one of the few things i care about more then anything, and i'll be be fucked if it changes into some stupid ass bullshit
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 07-09-06, 05:49 PM   #15
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

lmfao at "if" and chang"ES"