RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-06, 01:27 PM   #1
schema
howdy

Text Record: 27-10
Canibus is WACK

IP: BCE2 0BB3

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 01:43 PM   #2
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 142A 9A74

i responded... same thread as yours

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 01:44 PM   #3
jay
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B931 D9D0

first of all im out every weekend in clubs so dont tihnk my life is the comp

ill admit it i use to think canibus is wack cause i heard mind control n i wasthinkin wat every1 goin on about this guy is shit but every1 kept goin on bout 1 of his albums n i got it n it jus blew my mind rip the jacker is an amazin album, its like immortal technique alot of the shit he said wen i first started listenin to him i was like wtf are u goin about so i researched names, locations or keywords wit lines wen i was jus like wat are u sayin it was like he was jus usin big words for the sake of usin big words but wen i did research it n found out exactly wat he was sayin the way it all came to gether n how much it all made sense i was jus like wow

its the same wit bus its like he is jus sayin loads of random shit, usin big words for the sake of it but look into n it all makes sense n the wway he says things so complicated but he still manages to make it makes so much sense its just amazin and u hav to respect him for it

its different music for different moods wen im in the club if canibus came on i wud be like get this off, wen new knowledge is recieved or concepts are grasped the brain releases certain chemicals and for the brain this new knowledge is like an adrenaline for the brain and its almost like an addiction for it

canibus satisfies this "addiction" if u understand wat he is sayin

if u dont u wud see him as garbage

i use to hate him now he is in my top 10
Old 08-25-06, 01:52 PM   #4
schema
howdy

i've heard his albums too and it's just like...

music is music and research is research...

i want my music to be easy...like...here it is...i understand it...maybe something i have to think about for a second but if i have to crack a book its no longer music...its research...

i dunno...people that are into conspiracy theories and the da vinci code and that shit would probably like it too...not just nerdy kids that smell like cheese...it's just i cant get into music that i have to decode...and really being complicated is all he has...

hes not that good at making rap music...hed be better at writing mystery novels or something where complicated and confusing = good...hes just not a good rapper any way you look at it...

i respect your opinion though and the way you actually supported it which is rare as fuck on here...

I got the lettuce and...

Quote:
Old 08-25-06, 01:53 PM   #5
ILL GEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay
first of all im out every weekend in clubs so dont tihnk my life is the comp

ill admit it i use to think canibus is wack cause i heard mind control n i wasthinkin wat every1 goin on about this guy is shit but every1 kept goin on bout 1 of his albums n i got it n it jus blew my mind rip the jacker is an amazin album, its like immortal technique alot of the shit he said wen i first started listenin to him i was like wtf are u goin about so i researched names, locations or keywords wit lines wen i was jus like wat are u sayin it was like he was jus usin big words for the sake of usin big words but wen i did research it n found out exactly wat he was sayin the way it all came to gether n how much it all made sense i was jus like wow

its the same wit bus its like he is jus sayin loads of random shit, usin big words for the sake of it but look into n it all makes sense n the wway he says things so complicated but he still manages to make it makes so much sense its just amazin and u hav to respect him for it

its different music for different moods wen im in the club if canibus came on i wud be like get this off, wen new knowledge is recieved or concepts are grasped the brain releases certain chemicals and for the brain this new knowledge is like an adrenaline for the brain and its almost like an addiction for it

canibus satisfies this "addiction" if u understand wat he is sayin

if u dont u wud see him as garbage

i use to hate him now he is in my top 10

thank you for posting this... like i said in the other thread... Bis ain't no club rapper... if you put on a bis song in the club i'd go sit down too.... and i actually like the dude!... he's deffo in my top 10... again... he can't make an impressive album... but ya can't deny that his lyrics are bananaz.... "Poette Laureate"... classic bis right there

CLICK DA SIGGY

Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 02:03 PM   #6
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 77BB E1E2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
i've heard his albums too and it's just like...

music is music and research is research...

i want my music to be easy...like...here it is...i understand it...maybe something i have to think about for a second but if i have to crack a book its no longer music...its research...

Don't worry ya dumbfuck - that's why 50 makes songs like Candyshop - just for you

getdafuckouttahere

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 02:16 PM   #7
ILL GEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all
Don't worry ya dumbfuck - that's why 50 makes songs like Candyshop - just for you

getdafuckouttahere

lmao...damn phen... kinda harsh on dude ain't ya?...lol

personally i don't see wus wrong with getting a lil bit of knowledge in ya life... if an emcee actually got my kid to open up a book to find out what it is he was talking about i'd shake his hand and continue to support his shyt... you actually get a two for one out the deal.... an appreciation for the music and possibly a chance to learn sumn that ya didn't have a clue about b4... besides... reading stimulates the brain... which in turn makes you a better writer/lyricist/poet/rapper... pick a phrase that fits whatever ya do...

i don't read nearly as much as i used to... and i realize that my writing has slowed down tremendously... at the same time... i also think about my lyrics a lot more and the messages that i want to send... proly be a lot easier if i read more... just my opinion though

CLICK DA SIGGY

Old 08-25-06, 02:27 PM   #8
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: 9F68 FE4B

i've been sayin he was wack for the past 5 years now. bout time someone finally believes me

....for life
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 02:31 PM   #9
schema
howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all

getdafuckouttahere

this is that same fucking smug ass superiority complex that underground heads always have...

just because for some reason you listen to music that 90% of people hate, that is not catchy and that it is impossible to dance to does not make you better than me in any way...

the attitude just makes you retarded...

I got the lettuce and...

Quote:
Old 08-25-06, 02:39 PM   #10
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 77BB E1E2

^^ I listen to everything. So you ASSUMING I'm an 'underground head' is wrong. I prolly listen to more mainstream music than YOU do. But saying 'Cannibus is wack' is like sayin any one of these:

'Bush isn't retarded'

'R.Kelly is wack at R n B'

'Nas is useless with a pen'

'50 can't flow'

*edit - for the record and to prove my point - i don't even LIKE 50 cent. But denying he has a nice flow is the same as saying cannibus is wack.

ya feel? Jus cause you don't like him does NOT make him wack. Your opinion = jack shit to the rest of us, so maybe keep it to yourself before looking like a complete retard next time. word.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 02:43 PM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 0601 A0FF

yeah i can understnad why you feel that way, but Bis imo used to be sick. when he sold out he turned to complete shit.

btw schema, some people listen to music for other reasons than looking for something to dance to. they search for substance. And some people, just want easy listening.

neither of em's wrong.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 03:39 PM   #12
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 1399 38A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema

...go listen to some pop then..and THEN get the fuck outta here..

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 03:51 PM   #13
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

IP: 7230 B0AB

I thought you were talking about the drug.

Old 08-25-06, 04:09 PM   #14
Compose

IP: B95C 756C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
1. quote where bis writes 'emo-like poems', i'd like to see you try and do that
2. emo=emotional, ANYBODY that writes ANYTHING even remotely emotional can be considered emo, sad, happy, etc. theyre ALL emo because theyre emotions...the only reason people like you give this title to canibus is because hes underground
3. maybe its hard to understand because you're too stupid to know wtf hes talking about, read a book, open your mind, look up the type of shit he talks about,...then listen to canibus, dmx, ll cool j, rakim, redman<they all like/liked canibus and respect him... now you gonna say theyre all nerds? fuck outa here...smarten up your brain and you may be able to understand him, those 'big' words he uses he knows the meaning of because he doesnt jus insert them in random places his lines make sense, just because you like to shake your ass and jump around like a little girl for women in clubs doesnt mean everyone else wants to do that, everyone has their own taste but you absolutely cant say canibus is wack if you do you're just a hater who's too dumb to understand shit

^i said that too in the other thread

right now bis aint in his prime, but from 99-03 he was a BEAST lyrically, go listen to simple shit then, but you cant say he was wack just cuz you cant understand what he says
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 08-25-06, 04:16 PM   #15
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

IP: 7230 B0AB

2nd Round Knockout is one of the best diss tracks ever.