RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-06, 08:27 PM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
Don't look at this unless you're nos.

IP: 0B90 96F9

Nos:

Man, I already knew that stuff in the recording, and have practiced it before. It works. However, things like that don't really concern me anymore. Think of that ship analogy, but a bit different. Think of the second one like sending out a sealed bottle or a ball, something that wont sink. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Going with the flow of the ocean, adapting to the crests and troughs of the waves.

I have found a state of mind where I don't need to work towards something like a goal to be happy, I dont need to end up in a specific destination. If I get rich, so be it, if I dont, so be it. If that guy is going to state common sense, then quote the bible, maybe he should have read ALL of what he was quoting instead of just taking out of context a small part.

(By the way, just to clear things up, I am not a christian but do believe in the existence of jesus and the validity of his teachings, and I think that direct speech and lessons and shit are parts of the bible that were not tampered with by the church, it is circumstantial though.)

Here is more of the sermon on the mount which he quoted:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet they are fed. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lillies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If this is how the grass of the field is clothed, which here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will you not much more be clothed, o ye of little faith? So do not worry saying "what will we eat?", or "what will we drink?", or "what will we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and the lord knows you need them. Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble on its own.

(Obviously not to be taken 100% literally)

Do not think my mind has no direction, because I have no "goals". Like I said before, when I said that, I was referring to goals like "I want to be rich by the age of 40" or "I want to be this as a profession".. Goals like that do NOT bring happiness. What are yours again? Be remembered, leave a legacy, become a rapper. Well the only one that is a real goal is become a rapper. What are you doing every day to realize that goal? You make occasional efforts here and there, but you make a LOT of excuses. You're just putting it off, relying on the future, but take a closer look. If you dont do anything in the present, what makes you think it will be there for you in the future?

Its not my place to say that shit, I know, but still. As for me, I have no concrete, specific goal, but I do have a direction. Shit like "leave a legacy", "be remembered" they are more like directions than goals. My direction is to be a decent person, and to appreciate existence. In doing that, materials like money, etc, lose importance, people become of upmost importance, and my mind becomes the most important.

I am already aimed in that direction, there is no set goal for me to reach on this path, what else am I to do? Im just going to live my life how it comes, its all I can do. I bet you will say "thats a goal though" but it isnt, because think about it. There is no circumstance in life where I will get to it and say "yes, I have acheived my goal." Therefore, this goal is not a goal. Consider these:

38. If a man's thoughts are unsteady, if he does not know the true law, if his peace of mind is troubled, his knowledge will never be perfect.

39. If a man's thoughts are not dissipated, if his mind is not perplexed, if he has ceased to think of good or bad, then there is no fear for him while he is watchful.

42. Whatever a hater may do to a hater, or an enemy to an enemy, a wrongly-directed mind will do us greater mischief.

43. Not a mother, not a father will do so much, nor any other relative; a well-directed mind will do us greater service.

73. Let the fool wish for a false reputation, for precedence among the Bhikshus(laymen), for lordship in the convents, for worship among other people!

74. "May both the layman and he who has left the world think that this is done by me; may they be subject to me in everything which is to be done or is not to be done," thus is the mind of the fool, and his desire and pride increase.

75. One is the road that leads to wealth, another the road that leads to happiness.
Old 08-29-06, 04:36 AM   #2
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: FEE6 7529

I looked at it.
Old 08-29-06, 05:10 AM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 7448 5AE0

lmao... smart ass.