RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-07, 07:06 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
300 (for those who's seen it)

IP: 354D D171

ummmm.........what?

what the hell happened to the Persians? out of nowhere the Spartians are fighting the BARBARIANS?

ummm....ok.

am i missin somethin here?

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by ∆ P E X X : 04-05-07 at 08:29 PM. Reason: had Vikings mixed up with barbarians
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 07:13 PM   #3
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 28AD 5545

Do you mean the Immortals in the masks? The Immortals were the elite of Xerxes and named because their number never went under 10,000 because there were always people to replace them. I don't know what you're talking about, they don't fight any Vikings. Vikings were across the world, and they weren't really even prominent during the time of the war, I don't think...If so, a few had been conquered and annexed into Xerxes' side, because he had conquered quite a few nations according to the movie.
Old 04-05-07, 07:17 PM   #4
BigTony.Self

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: AF4F 88C9

what you see are the armies of the conquered nations under xerces rule

Bringing back the oldschool hiphop
Old 04-05-07, 07:24 PM   #5
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 39AB 70FF

i thought it wuz gonna b sum realistic shit. then theres those burn victim lookin muthaphukkaz n shit. kinda weird. n who tha fuck makes a hole that big? (when they pushed those Persians in there at tha beginin) i thought it wuz gonna b sum shit that actually happened b4...

i dunno man... werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 04-05-07, 07:30 PM   #6
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

Quote:
i thought it wuz gonna b sum realistic shit. then theres those burn victim lookin muthaphukkaz n shit. kinda weird. n who tha fuck makes a hole that big? (when they pushed those Persians in there at tha beginin) i thought it wuz gonna b sum shit that actually happened b4...

You didn't see many of their faces. I believe it was only one Immortal whose face you saw. They may have undergone a strict treatment possibly even worse than the Spartans. This particular person may have simply been a burn victim, or maybe some people have to make some sacrifice to rise in the ranks of the fictional Immortals in the movie. For instance, some of them may have cut out their eye --- this could be an entrance into manhood and so awe-inspiring they may become a general. You can tell they're used to that kind of shit because they don't look shaken at all by the wall of dead bodies.

And who makes a hole that big? It's obvious. That's how they traded with China.
Old 04-05-07, 07:37 PM   #7
Compose

IP: 3776 31BC

i heard that last shower of arrows actually happened too, but that the king died in the middle of battle he didnt last till the end, but that someone else got that shower of arrow treatment
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 04-05-07, 07:41 PM   #8
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

Yup. They were surrounded and all the survivors got killed. Still, of course they're going to keep Leonidas until the end.
Old 04-05-07, 08:10 PM   #9
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2

man im talking about at the end after Leo gets the merksauce. werent the persians supposed to invade Sparta?

i KNOW they aren't tryin to say a village of women children and fuckin politiians overthrew Xerces million man march

they skip right from the scene were popeye is tellin the story to evrybody in sparta straight to a battle with the vikings 10,000 strong a year later.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 08:15 PM   #10
Pop Lotty
Get Soul Clapped, E-Style!

Text Record: 15-21
IP: 3119 F532

The reason that only 300 muhfuckas fought is cause the rest of the army wasn't ready to go to war yet...

Pop Lotty, NiggaGet SoulClapped....E-Style!!!

A
Send a message via AIM to Pop Lotty   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 08:21 PM   #11
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

Quote:

man im talking about at the end after Leo gets the merksauce. werent the persians supposed to invade Sparta?

i KNOW they aren't tryin to say a village of women children and fuckin politiians overthrew Xerces million man march

they skip right from the scene were popeye is tellin the story to evrybody in sparta straight to a battle with the vikings 10,000 strong a year later.

What happened is Xerxes was afraid there are more Spartans waiting around for an ambush, and they were just as strong as the 300. Eventually he did march in, and Xerxes burned down Sparta and Athens and all the rest. The battle at the end I believe was the Battle of Marathon, where the story of Nike came from. It wasn't the full force of the Xerxes army, and I'm quite sure it wasn't just the Spartan army either. The Greeks barely had shit for armies because they had been in a state of civil war for many years, and eventually banded together for a common cause. Xerxes was eventually repelled not from land forces but in a navy force where his fleet went against an Athenian fleet. It was rather like the 300 spartans, because they basically channeled the Persian army into a very small area of water, and had rams attached to their smaller, more manueverable ships. They ended up battering the shit out of the Persian fleet, taking out something like 1/4th of the fleet. Xerxes retreated.

And there were no fucking Vikings. Wikipedia it if you want the true historical account. Though it doesn't seem like it, the movie is actually a bit historically accurate, but there are quite a few gaps in it. It would've been a much longer movie and not called 300 at all if it focused on the rest of Greece. It was a movie centered upon the Spartans at the Battle of Thermopylae and the inspiration to the Greeks, NOT Xerxes and his invasion.

Anyway, I may have a few facts mixed up. Wikipedia it if you're really interested, and yes, wikipedia really is a reliable source in the matter.
Old 04-05-07, 08:22 PM   #13
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

This was a movie about the Spartans, not Xerxes vrs. Greece. Part two may be about the Battle of Marathon, and there would probably be a few interesting scenes with the Athenians if they focused on what the Spartans called 'boy lovers and philosophers' in the beginning of 300. (I DID see the movie only once, but I have a good memory). Ships versus Kraken or sea monsters or whatever on Xerxes' side, perhaps. The Battle of Marathon. Things like that.
Old 04-05-07, 08:26 PM   #14
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

Wait, what the fuck am I talking about...The Battle of Marathon was with Darius, Xerxes' father.
Old 04-05-07, 08:29 PM   #15
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

Anyway, look at this shit, dude. One person names Xerxes' army as 2,641,610 men. Another says 5,283,220 men (along with support troops). Another says 800,000. Some say 300,000, some say 175,000...

Quote:
but more popular views support ranges between 100,000-150,000 or 150,000-200,000

Big ass army, either way. Greece was in total ruin from warring between itself. I think the Athenian navy had been completely fucked over by attempting to attack Athens or some other place, and ended up getting fucked over by Aristotle's hypothetical cannon or something.

Anyway, if you're interested --- and it is a really interesting war --- check it out more.

The battle at the end is the Battle of Plataea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Plataea). 10,000 Spartans, 30,000 other Greeks.

From wikipedia:

Quote:

The numerically superior Persian infantry were of the heavy (by Persian standards) sparabara formation that was still much lighter than the Greek phalanx. The Persian defensive weapon was a large wicker shield, compared to the heavy bronze shield of the phalanx. The Persians formed a shield wall and started firing volleys of arrows against the Spartans and the Tegeans. After suffering these volleys for some time, the Tegeans attacked, forcing the Spartans to follow suit. The Greek long spears gave them a tactical advantage over the Persian short spears and swords, and the battle soon turned into a slaughter. The Persians were annihilated; Mardonius himself was killed by a Spartan named Aeimnestus. In the meantime, while the Spartans were still suffering from the arrows, the Athenians moved to help them, but found themselves facing the Persians' Greek allies. While most Greeks showed feinted cowardice, the Thebans attacked and fought bravely, being repelled with 300 casualties. Herodotus claims that the rest of the Greek and Persian forces did not fight, something very dubious. Unfortunately, no other ancient source with a full description of the battle has survived to say otherwise.

The Persian Artabazus, who had unsuccessfully tried to convince Mardonius to avoid a pitched battle, then took command and immediately retreated, allowing the Greeks to capture their camp. According to Herodotus, only 43,000 of the 300,000 Persians survived the battle, while the Greeks as a whole lost only 159 men. However Diodorus states that Persian casualties likely did not exceed 100,000. Furthermore, he claims that only Spartans, Tegeans and Athenians died, since they were the only ones who fought. Plutarch, who had access to other sources, gives 1,360 Greek casualties, which seems more accurate, while Ephorus is probably exaggerating when he gives over 10,000. Not to be discarded fully though, this figure of over 10,000 Greek casualties is also confirmed by Diodorus. However, historical records of the period are notoriously biased or inaccurate and the real number of casualties will never truly be known. Use of any of the ancient casualty figures places Plataea in the list of the most lethal battles in world history, and it may have been more lethal than any preceding battle.

Aka, Persians got FUCKED IN THE ASSHOLE.

Where the fuck is the Athenian navy battle from...am I mixing up Darius and Xerxes again? The other battle was The Battle of Mycale that same day, which also owned the Persians.

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 04-05-07 at 08:37 PM.