RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-07, 02:06 AM   #1
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Fuckin A Oprah...

IP: 2020 96DE

i been watching oprah today on the tele and the shit was bout rap and how its effecting peoples minds with words like "bitch,hoe,slut, etc." you know the usual...funny..back in the 30s the nazis banned swing music becuase they didnt like it..how are they being any diffrent?? and if they do bann it then its still gonna happen in reality which is way more effective..dont blame the rappers blame society. but they had russel simmons, common and others on their sticking up for rap and a group of people who were offended towards rap and they debated the whole time. wont people ever get it?? its a FREE COUNTRY and if you have a problem with a certian type of music nobodys making you listen to it, just ignore it and move on, stop trying to tell us what we should and shouldnt listen to
Old 06-23-07, 02:30 AM   #2
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BB78 D6B4

They're just simply trying to address a problem that is pretty serious in the hip-hop culture today. I'm glad they chose Common as a representative though, he's one of the rappers that I can respect commercially.

Like Common said

"I Used to Love H.E.R."

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 06-23-07, 02:34 AM   #3
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

^^yea but rap is in such a bad state right now..i mean they right all rap talks about now is bitches, hoes, drugs, and rims, etc. but they're trying to kill it, they're trying to take away the only thing we got left in rap, without that whats left? what they should do instead of trying to eliminate our music is help us improve it. they're happy its in such a bad condition
Old 06-23-07, 02:36 AM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Trash
i been watching oprah today on the tele and the shit was bout rap and how its effecting peoples minds with words like "bitch,hoe,slut, etc." you know the usual...funny..back in the 30s the nazis banned swing music becuase they didnt like it..how are they being any diffrent?? and if they do bann it then its still gonna happen in reality which is way more effective..dont blame the rappers blame society. but they had russel simmons, common and others on their sticking up for rap and a group of people who were offended towards rap and they debated the whole time. wont people ever get it?? its a FREE COUNTRY and if you have a problem with a certian type of music nobodys making you listen to it, just ignore it and move on, stop trying to tell us what we should and shouldnt listen to

They are just trying to make other people share their views so more people behave similarly to them than similarly to the group they are opposed to. If you don't like to listen to people bitching about rap, don't listen to them. It's a free country, right? rofl... Yeah right. This country isn't free at all.
Old 06-23-07, 02:38 AM   #5
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

^^^its diffrent though..if you had somebody talking shit bout you or what you do your obviously gonna pay attention and stay alert bout what they're saying..with music its a lifestyle they dont need to be concerned about, rappers aint trying to get people to share their view their just trying to reach people who relate, but these people are trying to turn people against us..
Old 06-23-07, 02:45 AM   #6
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

how can you call yourselfs rappers and not stick up for your own music??? ya'll act like these people are doing us a favor, so what if you choose to not listen to them, its the people that are that worries me and yes people DO listen and agree to them otherwise it wouldnt be on the oprah show
Old 06-23-07, 03:02 AM   #7
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BB78 D6B4

Exactly music to relate to. There isn't to much of that today. Everyone wants to be the next mims or rick ross. No one wants to take a stand and voice their opinions which is very,well, surprising. I can't believe no one has just said "are you retarded, shut up"

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 06-23-07, 04:57 AM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

White Trash: Personally it doesn't bother me that those people are against rap. They are narrow minded and make generalizations. I am on their side in some respects, since I think that mainstream media HAS played a major part in a lot of young people today having a complete lack of morals and scope in various areas of their lives. It isn't just music though. And the people against rap are dumbasses, unless they specify that they are against the use of things like derogatory language being used when talking about women, which I am also against.

Although, I should say that I'm not completely against it, for example if a rapper was talking about a particular girl that happened to be a bitch or a hoe and calling them that was just the artist expressing their feelings, then that would be fine. It is not fine when you are jut generally referring to women like that. It's like if people just walked around going "Yeah, last night I was out with some mongrel bastards and I met this fucking dumb cocksucking piece of shit that produces some dope music" instead of saying "Yeah, last night I was out with some friends and I met this dude who produces some dope music."

And also women isn't the only issue I can think of to do with rap, but since it was the Oprah show, I am assuming they concentrated on that.
Old 06-23-07, 05:20 AM   #9
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: B4EB 5C31

Fuck a Oprah?

Oprah is simply opening up dialogue.

And, if you were actually listening, Oprah is against the use of the words Bitches and hoes. She was speaking out against the misogyny in rap, not hip hop itself.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-07, 02:03 PM   #10
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: CC00 ABEA

Oprah just wants higher ratings. I'm sure at the end of the day, she really dosn't care that much about rappers saying bitch and hoe when she's got a billion in her bank account. Preach.
Old 06-23-07, 04:06 PM   #11
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

funny though the opposing group that was agianst rap wasnt even in the studio..they were on a screen from somewhere else. whats the matter are they afraid??
Old 06-23-07, 04:22 PM   #12
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Rippa
Oprah just wants higher ratings. I'm sure at the end of the day, she really dosn't care that much about rappers saying bitch and hoe when she's got a billion in her bank account. Preach.

you can tell she hates rap..every rapper she has on there she treats like shit..remember when ludacris was on there?? when he was on there to talk about his acting career she kept on asking him bout his explicit lyrics and shit in his songs and they cut out all his explanations so it would come as a benefit to oprah..hence the whole reason for ludas beef with her
Old 06-23-07, 04:25 PM   #13
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha .Q
Fuck a Oprah?

Oprah is simply opening up dialogue.

And, if you were actually listening, Oprah is against the use of the words Bitches and hoes. She was speaking out against the misogyny in rap, not hip hop itself.

the titles Fuckin' A' Oprah..not fuck a oprah lol..but i dont care what bout it she dont like, everybody has a reason to not like rap and thats her reason. if it wasnt that she would find something else wrong with it. if she has a problem with it then obviously she's on the opposing side. she wasnt even in the arguement she's just trying to make money off a genre of music she despises to me thats bullshit