RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-03, 04:53 PM   #1
Ricochet.
BANNED

Text Record: 32-10
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
DJ KaySlay~VS~ Nas??

IP: 34BF DD77

Kay Slay VS. Nas ?

While DJ Kayslay_has been a staunch advocate of Nas_over the years, even going so far as to break the imposed guidelines (not playing his material) set forth by Hot 97 after Nas' Summer Jam meltdown last year, there relationship has rapidly plummeted since Kay Slay released his major-label debut, The Streetsweeper Vol.1,_ due to Nas being a no-show at the video shoot for the LP's lead single "Too Much For Me" which also featured Amerie, Foxy Brown_and Baby._ Nas claims a beef with Columbia_over the Bravehearts_LP (exec's rejected the LP because they felt Nas did not appear enough to make it a marketable LP) resulted in his absence, others claim it had to do with Foxy Brown's inclusion on the record. Another theory is that the inclusion_of Loon_on the remix (replacing Nas) also led to the_fray, as Nas' boo Kelis_apperance apparently wasn't cleared for Loon's "How You Want That"._ Whatever the case maybe, Kay Slay has not taken the slight lightly and will be dropping two new mixtapes in the coming weeks, one of which will be dedicated to dissing his rival, DJ Clue , and the other dedicated to dissing Nas that will be entitled Death Of The Fake Prophet; which will include a previously recorded Nas diss track from Sauce Money_ w/ Jay-Z, and more disses from Prodigy of Mobb Deep, Cormega, MC Shan, Cam'ron, Noreaga,_and 50 Cent. Funny thing is, while Nas is acquiring a 2Pac length list of enemies, like Pac, it's in turn making him more popular than ever. And he didn't even have to tie a bandana around his head!!
Send a message via AIM to Ricochet.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-03, 08:25 PM   #2
Ricochet.
BANNED

Text Record: 32-10
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9B91 D0C6

wa u think of this?
Send a message via AIM to Ricochet.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-03, 01:26 PM   #3
Accelerate
Straight Savage.

IP: 8BEC CACE

I know about the whole beef thing, but I think both sides are takin it too far. Even though Nas had the situation with Columbia, that he couldv'e atleast showed up at the video shoot. Kay-Slay shouldn't be putting out a WHOLE mixtape on Nas because its dumb, to even beef anymore. by far one of the best battles has past, Jay-Z vs. Nas, and I think the new Ja Rule vs. 50 Cent is dumb.This is just dumb, and I think they both should stop their beef, because I like both Kay Slay and Nas. I mean Kay Slay shouldn't get mad at Nas like that, because hes trying to put out the BraveHearts album.
PEECE 1