RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-03, 08:58 AM   #1
WORD~PERFECT

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
hey does anyone

IP: 1769 3B0F

know the status of copywrite and cages new albums or even jakki da mota mouth
Old 07-16-03, 12:30 PM   #2
9 Millimeter
BANNED: Cheater

Text Record: 15-5
IP: 1D6E BFCE

they ight
Send a message via Yahoo to 9 Millimeter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-03, 01:33 PM   #3
G. Buttersworth
Yeah Keep Biting.

IP: 4C5A 3AE0

In what has become a persistent trend popularized by 50 Cent, ridiculously skilled supergroup the Weathermen are up next to jack other artist’s beats and attempt to rip them to shreds on their very own Mix CD. For those that are not familiar with the crew, it consists of some of Def(initive) Jux’ and Eastern Conference’s finest vocalists: Cage, Camu Tao, Copywrite, Jakki, Yakb@llz, Vast Aire, El-P, Breezly Brewin and Tame One.
“But hold up… Wait, wait, wait! Did you just write that my favorite crew is subscribing to this tiresome trend?! Rapping over wack-ass commercial beats?!”

Yeah, but you must not get the picture. Anyone that knows the work of these cats also knows that their usual beats are mostly dirty, rugged and noisy creations. You can’t tell me that El-P & Camu rapping over a Missy beat on ‘Missy Done Justice’ is devoid of at least a little tongue-in-cheek like humor. Same with Cage and Tame riding Baby’s ‘What Happened To That Boy’ on ‘What Happened To That Toy’, Copy, Jakki & Tame delivering their rhymes over Erick Sermon’s ‘React’ on ‘React Shun’ and Yak and Camu putting Trina’s ‘B R Right’ to good use on ‘Where I Wanna Be’. Then there’s more rugged, comfortable beats on the menu, like Nas’ ‘Made You Look’ on the brutal ‘Made You Shit Your Pants’, Ghostface’s ‘Fish’ on ‘Fried Fish’ and 50 cent getting a dose of his own medicine on ‘Columbus’, which uses his ‘Backdown’.
Simply put, the Weathermen are no joke on the mic. In the best case they put the owners of the original beats to shame, in the worst case they merely offer a worthy alternative. It must be noted though that their interpolations of the original choruses and occasional verses can get on my nerves a little bit. Some of it comes too close to slightly forced, drunken chanting.

“Okay, okay… Cool. But you mean there’s absolutely no new studio recordings on this CD?!”

No, of course not. I didn’t write that. I was just going to state that the new songs are the most satisfying part of the disc. Copywrite absolutely destroys the rowdy Przm-produced ‘10 Times’ with his trademark vicious punchlines. It’s nice to hear him switch up his flow as well, just when it was becoming a tad predictable. The RJD2 remix of the posse cut ‘5 Left In The Clip’ is a treat and so is the minimally reworked Tame track ‘Slick Talkin’, this time around assisted by the unparalleled Breezly Brewin. Sadly, Vast Aire makes only one appearance on the CD, teaming up with Camu Tao on the humorous ‘Chris Lighty’, but at least it’s a worthwile appearance. Yak’s ‘Volume’ is a nice ditty indeed, just like Camu’s ‘Gangster’ and Copy, Jakki & Camu’s anthemic ‘Mhz Over Megahertz’, which is a fierce tribute to their original group.

“Aight, you’re getting me amped now. Do you think I should cop this one?”

Hey, you told me the Weathermen is your favorite crew, right? You cannot afford to go without it then! As for other Hip Hop listeners, ‘The Conspiracy’ just might help you appreciate this truly talented crew a little more. Personally, I would have liked to hear more actual mixing going on, taking the ‘Mix CD’ label in mind. Good blends these days are hard to find and it would have given the disc a little more edge.

In conclusion, it almost goes without saying that ‘The Conspiracy’ isn’t the Weathermen’s debut album and shouldn’t be viewed as such. But as an appetizer for their actual debut, the upcoming ‘The New Left’, the CD serves it’s purpose. Tenfold.

found at trickology.com. props to loggix.

<center>G. Buttersworth™</center>

G.I. JOE
Send a message via AIM to G. Buttersworth Send a message via Yahoo to G. Buttersworth   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-03, 11:16 AM   #4
WORD~PERFECT

IP: 6656 186F

i got the conspiracy from weathermen it wasnt that impressive i like they beats but know copy was said to be recording again
cage is supposed to have hellz winter
jakki da mota mouth is supposed to be recording
aesop as well i wonderedif anyone got the word on this
Old 07-30-03, 11:39 PM   #5
ANTI-HERO
BANNED By I.R.

Text Record: 15-8
IP: 3C8F 538A

IDK BUT THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SUCK ASSHOLE
Old 07-31-03, 01:44 AM   #6
C-Section

IP: 872B E5DF

SHORTIN YOUR SIG NOW! YOU TAK UP 2 PAGES YOU FAG. if you dont do it ill have you banned
Old 07-31-03, 03:23 AM   #7
Kost
Fern Gully

IP: ED55 7D56

conspiracy is hot...cage rips it so bad...but im real amped for that jakki solo...that dude is nuts

Keepin It Real Dumb

The Creation
We Dont Need A Fuckin Crew Forum!
Kost
Send a message via AIM to Kost   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-03, 01:02 PM   #8
Flatline (Dead)

IP: 33E1 9D75

Copywrite kicks major ass, Jakki is one of my faves, but i don't really like Cage all that much......that song "the greatest four letter word" or something like that was horrible............
Old 07-31-03, 04:29 PM   #9
..MM Records..

IP: C1DA C961

I'm waiting for Jakki over any of them, copy sold the fuck out "i'm never going to get big" thats why he thinking of being signed to the ROC