RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: please rate, 1 thru 5 - 5 being best
1- bad 0 0%
2- poor 0 0%
3- average 1 20.00%
4- good 3 60.00%
5- excellent 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-03, 05:23 AM   #1
highlander

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
growroom

IP: C80D 0A17

There’s a hum that Id hear, when I come down the stairs
Buzzing lights heat the air, Busy fans fight to clear

Vib’ing airpumps accompany, like an anthem of hardware
Where autumn is held for ransom, and compelled to blossom near all year

But now it’s all gone, down there it’s as quiet as a stare
Sometimes I still forget, and its silence makes me scarred

At times, I find I’m down there, guided by habit, unaware
No ph recheck, no nutes to refresh, nothing needs my care

Sometimes I’m woke up suddenly, most cold torturous nights
And will look for the warm glow, of my sodium orange lights

As I focus towards the door, for a moment they’re still alive
Til I’m forced to realize its over, like it’s the first fuckin time.
Old 08-23-03, 06:45 AM   #2
prophiit

IP: 9B33 081B

wow the flow in this was off the hook. now what i'm about to say is a compliment, it had a nursery rhyme type flow to it. beautiful because the rhyme scheme is so simple. the subject matter has me puzzled what you actually mean is most likely far off of what this makes me feel. i think it's about the hopelessness of being trapped into a routine. of being so stuck in your ways that you cannot break away from them even if you wanted to. excellent piece i would try and write for rhetorical insights if i were you i look foward to your future work. 1
Old 08-23-03, 08:01 PM   #3
highlander

IP: 3A64 B661

thanks prophiit,

i think you responded to one of my earlier posted poem too. thanks again. you really put in some time answering posts around here. thanks.

i think your right about the flow. its kinda mother goosey. thats kinda funny thou because i learned everything i know from Em's shit. most stuff i write, is in the vein of "renegade" go figure.

thanks again
Old 08-27-03, 01:23 PM   #4
filed
Sharp Perfection.

IP: 399E F0FD

i have to agree with prophiit the flow was great, and it did have the mother goose feeling, but it worked for this piece, it was good.

i too was a bit lost to what the whole subject was, at the first i was thinking that you lost something to you that meant alot, like a gf or a friend. then it seemed like you were trying to take your mind off things by looking for something to do in thi room, but there was nothing down there that needed your help. i know im way off, but everyone sees art in their own eyes, and poems here are art.

welcome to RB and i'll be waiting for your next drops LOVE

~Tera~
DONT HATE
Send a message via AIM to filed Send a message via MSN to filed Send a message via Yahoo to filed   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-03, 01:45 PM   #5
Da NFamous
Str8 From CopKilla Queens

Text Record: 0-4
IP: 8FB2 AA67

Ehhh i had mixed feelins about this one to go against the grain i must say i liked the flow it seemed as if your bars and meanings were hidden as if when you went off rhyme and then went back on the off rhyme was like looking around a corner and ud never know what you'd see, i like. I interpret this piece at first i thought you were using a simple theme of seasons but as u continue it is to deep for that....I felt in the latter potrion that you could possibly be controlling nature but that seemed a little too abstract....I came to the conclusion that the seasons and all the effects were used as a representation of your emotions through a trying time, i hope i'm correct, please divulge what your true meaning was, 1luv.
Send a message via AIM to Da NFamous   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-03, 03:38 PM   #6
BADASSBITCH4LIFE

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E511 FA9D

It was ok it seemed more like sumthin they would put in a nursery rhyme book but thats just me . overall it was an ok drop keep uppin~1luv
Old 08-27-03, 04:02 PM   #7
$tyle/$witch

IP: C1DA C961

^^^^.......lol...............it wuz iight....................i'll give ya an average...........right in da middle.............nice structure fo a poem though.........1ne
Old 08-28-03, 08:01 PM   #8
highlander

IP: BABB DC80

naw,
its based on the purly fictional character, who has a grow room in his basement. (weed)

for the people with grow rooms, they might confirm there is a certain noise that they make. fans, airpumps, lights ect.

together they make the hum that my character used to hear at the stairs.

if you had one. you might think as him, that sometimes they can be a large worry. if the electricity goes out on all your lights and shit, it gets quiet, and it can be quite alarming.

and make you "scared" cus you dont want to mess up the light cycle or have your dwc airpumps not working.

and since this purely fictional character no longer grows. sometimes the silence still alarms him in thinking he blew a fuse or something is wrong.

and somtimes this character still used to the routine of checking his babys (PPM-PH) finds that he once in a while goes down there like theres something that needs doing. when there aint.

when this character sleeps. thru the crack in his bedroom door he could see the orange light of the grow room that was there. which from time to time he would wake and see. but not anymore.

you know how when something really bad happens, and when you first wake up before you realize it... everything is ok again.
then boom, two seconds later it hits you all over again. thats what the last line is about.

peace
Old 08-29-03, 04:10 PM   #9
filed
Sharp Perfection.

IP: C1DA C961

coolcool, know nothing bout growing weed so thats probly why o got a whole diff drift from it, thx for the explanition

~Tera~
DONT HATE
Send a message via AIM to filed Send a message via MSN to filed Send a message via Yahoo to filed   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-03, 03:20 AM   #10
DeadlyAlliance
BANNED

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 5231 27A4

Quote:
Originally posted by prophiit
wow the flow in this was off the hook. now what i'm about to say is a compliment, it had a nursery rhyme type flow to it. beautiful because the rhyme scheme is so simple. the subject matter has me puzzled what you actually mean is most likely far off of what this makes me feel. i think it's about the hopelessness of being trapped into a routine. of being so stuck in your ways that you cannot break away from them even if you wanted to. excellent piece i would try and write for rhetorical insights if i were you i look foward to your future work. 1