RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-03, 04:36 AM   #1
Seraphe
BANNED

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Lil Shawn Emerges From Prison, Changes Name

IP: ABE5 FC72

The rapper formerly known as Lil Shawn was recently released from jail after a 5 year bid in a federal prison and has changed his name to Shawn Pen.

Shawn has inked a deal with Jimmy Henchmen and Bryce Wilson's Czar Entertainment and is currently fielding deals from various record labels, including 50 Cent's G-Unit imprint.

“I’m not little anymore, that was a childhood nickname,” Shawn Pen told my source. “I came in the game ghost writing. I met Puff and started writing for Father MC and several other artists that he hooked me up with, hence the name ‘Pen.’”

Shawn Pen has already finished dozens of songs for his forthcoming album, has collaborated with Jay-Z and is fielding various film roles.

“When I was out before, I didn’t do gangster records because I was really in the streets and had to be careful about what I said,” Shawn Pen continued.

The rapper said that completing his stint in prison was a weight off of his shoulders, now that his freedom has been regained and he has the chance to revive his status in the hip-hop world.

“It was a relief,” says Shawn of his regained freedom and the opportunity to revive his career. “I felt like a weight was lifted off my back because now I can freely rap about some of the things I've been through in my past without the threat of getting caught up.”

Shawn put out a string of hits in the early 90's including “I Made Love 4 The 1st Time” and “Dom Perignon” featuring The Notorious B.I.G.
Old 10-20-03, 04:42 AM   #2
-ElocuShun-

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9B6A 1F1E

like the guy good to see him bk.......i dint know he ghost wrote tho........du you know wot tracks he made for any1?..........he be like the begees......writin for peeps