RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-06, 02:48 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Proof fired the first shot

IP:

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 02:55 PM   #2
iWitness
New to RV

IP:

damn...he was one of my favourite..r.i.p

Old 04-12-06, 03:03 PM   #3
iWitness
New to RV

IP:

stupid of him to pull out a gun and shoot the bouncer tho..he shud have known there was gonna be consiquences..he leaves behind 5 kids right? damn..

Old 04-12-06, 03:04 PM   #4
Compose

IP:

if you're threatened and gotta shoot first you gotta do what you gotta do =/
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 04-12-06, 03:16 PM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Again, my question is, why even be in that environment? Why is he carrying around a gun? Why do rappers feel like they have to prove their manhood/bravado through violence?

Of course, just like I stated yesterday, rappers/DJs/etc are defending hip hop by saying, "this doesn't mean it was rap related."

pssf...sure...My question to them is: "How many opera, country, pop, and jazz performers have been gunned down in the last 10 years"?

Rap breeds violence and Proof is its latest victim. RIP tho...

It's just sad man.

Another thing...I find it eerie that he depicted his death in Em's video for "Toy Soldiers." Like Pac and Big, I wonder if he had an obsession over death and became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Who knows...

The rap industry had better be careful though. If things like this continue to happen, then the government will become involved, spying on rappers even more than they already do and imposing regulations on music.

^^That's what I think.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 04-12-06 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-12-06, 03:24 PM   #6
iWitness
New to RV

IP:

"Another thing...I find it eerie that he depicted his death in Em's video for "Toy Soldiers." Like Pac and Big, I wonder if he had an obsession over death and became a self-fulfillinf prophecy."

word..i thought this was weird aswell...even listening to his album `searching for jerry garcia` with songs such as "kurt cobain", he seems to be obsessed with death and suicide...

Old 04-12-06, 04:35 PM   #7
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWitness
"Another thing...I find it eerie that he depicted his death in Em's video for "Toy Soldiers." Like Pac and Big, I wonder if he had an obsession over death and became a self-fulfillinf prophecy."

word..i thought this was weird aswell...even listening to his album `searching for jerry garcia` with songs such as "kurt cobain", he seems to be obsessed with death and suicide...

EXACTLY he did...there was his death in toy soldiers, and if you listen to his solo album "searchin for jerry garcia" that album is FULL of remarks bout his death and shit and even all of the booklet and shit is filled wit shit like that...everything

lol im not trying ta relate this to pac or sayin proof also faked his death or anything but isnt kind of a weird coincidence that he died at 4:30 a.m???
if u switch the last 2 numbers around it'll be 4:03 am
same time pac "died"
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 04:38 PM   #9
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
u take coincidences way to serious

lmao just sayin it is weird
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 08:22 PM   #10
Ms. Get Gully
Ms. Get Gully

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL-usion
EXACTLY he did...there was his death in toy soldiers, and if you listen to his solo album "searchin for jerry garcia" that album is FULL of remarks bout his death and shit and even all of the booklet and shit is filled wit shit like that...everything

lol im not trying ta relate this to pac or sayin proof also faked his death or anything but isnt kind of a weird coincidence that he died at 4:30 a.m???
if u switch the last 2 numbers around it'll be 4:03 am
same time pac "died"

especially that kurt cobaine song...he says sometimes he wished he was dead:-/ and at the end of the song died.
Old 04-12-06, 09:24 PM   #11
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDaM Merk
especially that kurt cobaine song...he says sometimes he wished he was dead:-/ and at the end of the song died.

and listen to the skit on track on #4 he dies in that too weirder yet in that skit somebody else shoots him
Old 04-12-06, 03:49 PM   #13
Compose

IP:

Quote:
how many opera,country,pop and jazz performers are young males from the ghetto?????

lol good point, a lot of jazz people are from ghettos though, atleast older jazz from the 20s im guessing since it was mainly in harlem and shit
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 04-12-06, 04:10 PM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Quote:
how many opera,country,pop and jazz performers are young males from the ghetto?????

That's my point son. These guys are involved in rap and rap breeds violence. They can't leave it alone. So, to say violence and rap aren't intertwined is crazy.